SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you're not careful, you *will* get ripped off online
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you're not careful, you *will* get ripped off online Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
ill get around to it

Awwww, whassamatta? You mad your buddy got banned? Not gonna get your share now?

ill get my share from your wife, but thanks

really? leave family out of crap like this.

quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted November 13, 2018 11:38 AM Hide Post
******, I'll take this opportunity to tell you and everyone else here- when a man mentions his wife, you mind. your. manners.

This should require no explanation.

Fair warning to all. SIGforum is like La Cosa Nostra- wives are absolutely and entirely off-limits. No jokes. Be respectful or be quiet.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
already been said hasn't it??

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
like I said, don't treat new people like sh*t just bc they're new. alot of smart*sses in here think they're detectives and I can and did verify my identity, yet, the keyboard commandos march on.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
might be best I just move along and let you act like a closed community...eventually, you'll devour yourselves bc of the way you act towards new people.

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
like I said, don't treat new people like sh*t just bc they're new. alot of smart*sses in here think they're detectives and I can and did verify my identity, yet, the keyboard commandos march on.

Welcome.

One piece of unsolicited advice, when you go somewhere new, try to read the crowd and understand the lay of the land. In answer to your statement, postimage.org is free, no account needed, and even works from a smartphone. You can literally have a picture up in 15 seconds flat.

As to my first point, there’s been one member banned in this thread. Para doesn’t mind banning as many people as it takes to ensure order, respect and decorum. This place is fantastic, because there is a very healthy respect between us.

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
like I said, don't treat new people like sh*t just bc they're new.

I take direction from the forum staff. Not new members. If you weren't so new, you might not know that. This isn't a forum for thin-skins. We've all had our lumps here, from other members and the staff. If you can't hang, you shouldn't try.

quote:
might be best I just move along and let you act like a closed community...eventually, you'll devour yourselves bc of the way you act towards new people.

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

How about you just take a few deep breaths and stick around instead.

PS PostImage.org is the easiest hosting site, and you don't even need to sign up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para!

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:

Welcome.

One piece of unsolicited advice, when you go somewhere new, try to read the crowd and understand the lay of the land. In answer to your statement, postimage.org is free, no account needed, and even works from a smartphone. You can literally have a picture up in 15 seconds flat.

As to my first point, there’s been one member banned in this thread. Para doesn’t mind banning as many people as it takes to ensure order, respect and decorum. This place is fantastic, because there is a very healthy respect between us.

Thank you. I treat everyone with respect till im disrespected. if Para wants to ban me, ill understand, no hard feelings.

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

How about you just take a few deep breaths and stick around instead.

PS PostImage.org is the easiest hosting site, and you don't even need to sign up.

thank you..im trying..i guess its all up to Para

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I don’t speak for Para, but this is a very welcoming crowd.

Not that you were in any sense being one, but the simple rule of “don’t be an a-hole” goes a long way. Think the best of others, when they fall short it is rare and far in between.

I’m a member of a bunch of other boards, this one has by far the best membership in terms of help, info, and advice.

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you. I treat everyone with respect till im disrespected. if Para wants to ban me, ill understand, no hard feelings.

If it had been me accused of being part of the scam, I would have found a way to laugh it off instead of immediately jumping to "I'm gonna fuck your wife." But you were looking for a reaction. Guess you got one. Big Grin

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dude, this community has been thriving for as long as I've been around, and I'm a relative newcomer compared to some.

It thrives because it is a community, not because it calls itself one because that's the modern thing to say.

In fact it's the most tightly-knit on-line community I've ever experienced, bar none, and I've been on the 'net since about the time it was opened to the public. And was "on-line" via other technologies before that.

So take a seat. Or leave. But stop doing what you're doing, because it won't end well for you here if you don't.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
What Skins said, we have some good knowledgeable people on the site and it is administered firmly and fairly.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

Posted from Tinypics...a pretty easy and fast image hosting site Smile Wink Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the second scammer we've kicked out recently hawking a PSL. What makes them such popular bait?

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Posted from Tinypics...a pretty easy and fast image hosting site Smile Wink Smile

Yeah, I used imgflip.com, for the first time ever. It was quick and easy and I googled it.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Sigforum is a great place, watch & learn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post

thank you 'Skins' that site was very easy to use

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
as I posted before, im legit..i understand the concern bout scammers, but you don't have to treat everyone like sh*t bc they're new...
You have a testy exchange with another member, and suddenly, it goes from a forgettable squabble, to us "treating everyone like shit because they're new".

That's not a leap at all, is it?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post