SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI arrested Ghislane Maxwell in New Hampshire this morning (7/2/2020).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FBI arrested Ghislane Maxwell in New Hampshire this morning (7/2/2020). Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Keep in mind when Berman was fired the intent was to replace him with SEC chair Jay CLayton. That did not go through. Berman's deputy Strauss took over for him and is believed to be carrying on his work.

Or Berman was sitting on it and Strauss decided to proceed now the power was off.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
But now we have an example of a horrible person who happens to be a woman... so I think they are at a loss, especially since this woman seems to have lots of information on powerful people... So I think they are at a loss of how to present the information in order to fit their narrative
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good point, I had not thought of that.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Keep in mind when Berman was fired the intent was to replace him with SEC chair Jay CLayton. That did not go through. Berman's deputy Strauss took over for him and is believed to be carrying on his work.

Or Berman was sitting on it and Strauss decided to proceed now the power was off.

A lot of powerful people do not want this case prosecuted. Its going to be interesting for sure.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Then why wasn't she forthcoming in the Epstein depositions?

It's called LEVERAGE. You don't ever give it up for FREE.

She waited until they charged her - now it's time to come to the table, say "lets make a deal" and bring any / all "get out of jail free" material. Photos, documents, etc.

Don't get me wrong, she seems like an awful person but on a logical level, there is no incentive to help the police if they are going to charge you. Wait until they charge you, then you work a deal.

I'd cut a deal with her, she doesn't have to face firing squad, and she gets mandatory 50 year sentence with no chance of parole in exchange for 100% cooperation.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
With the amount of info she likely has, her attorney will push for full immunity for full disclosure.

I think it's likely she was going to be called as a witness against Epstein, under whatever terms they could agree on, but with Epstein gone, they had to get enough evidence to build a case to indict her as the primary case.

Either way, they need to get this moving ASAP and indict (or leak) the big fish, BEFORE the election. If the previous US Attorney was stalling to prevent further indictments until after the election, then we know why they had to go.

The media and Democrats in gov't do not want to see high ranking Democrats implicated in this before the election. Just like they don't care about Biden's rape accusations. It's never about the female victims, it's always about the politics.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Then why wasn't she forthcoming in the Epstein depositions?

It's called LEVERAGE. You don't ever give it up for FREE.

She waited until they charged her - now it's time to come to the table, say "lets make a deal" and bring any / all "get out of jail free" material. Photos, documents, etc.

Don't get me wrong, she seems like an awful person but on a logical level, there is no incentive to help the police if they are going to charge you. Wait until they charge you, then you work a deal.

I'd cut a deal with her, she doesn't have to face firing squad, and she gets mandatory 50 year sentence with no chance of parole in exchange for 100% cooperation.

You wanna fill your net with a bunch of really big fish? Sometimes you gotta let other fish go first.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Or Berman was sitting on it ...

It's interesting that he appeared to do nothing with this, choosing instead to pursue a phony investigation against President Trump.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
You wanna fill your net with a bunch of really big fish? Sometimes you gotta let other fish go first.

Rather cut them up and make chum.

I know what I said is fantasy, but if the reports are true, she's as bad or a worse actor than the John's. She was key in recruiting and grooming the young girls to be abused by the rich and famous. She directly led to and abused them. In my mind she deserves death if the reports are true. If she's set free it would be a huge injustice.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know what I said is fantasy, but if the reports are true, she's as bad or a worse actor than the John's. She was key in recruiting and grooming the young girls to be abused by the rich and famous. She directly led to and abused them. In my mind she deserves death if the reports are true. If she's set free it would be a huge injustice.

Tammy Bruce penned an article which states the case that this woman proves women can be just as evil as men. I believe it was on the Fox site.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

She's never going to be free, even if she never sets foot inside a prison. Best scenario for her is witness protection somewhere in Ohio. She's never going to have the power, or the money. She's not going to ever be able to open up to anyone, or have meaningful relationships. She'll be surrounded by agents and guards and handlers, but always alone. And on top of all that, she'll always be looking over her shoulder, waiting for someone to put her down, either because of what she did, or because she tattled.

There are worse things than prison and executions.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Indeed.

It's chess, not checkers.

I'd balk at Skins "offer" just to spite him. And laugh while doing it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If there was no demand for sex with underaged girls by the rich and famous, she would have served no purpose. And if not her, someone else would have been Epstein's "madam". Yeah she deserves something pretty severe, and full immunity should be off the table unless absolutely necessary.

But if you're the prosecutor and you can get testimony to implicate some of the biggest fish in the world, how much would you give? These aren't "Johns" participating in an ostensibly victimless crime with consenting adult women (like the Hollywood madam case). These are criminal pedophiles knowingly engaging in illegal activity with minors. They could easily have as many adult but still young women as they desired. But no, 18+ was not good enough, they wanted younger. Why? Because they could, because they think they are above the law, and they thought they could get a way with it.

Really, this case sounds like a damn movie. Billionaire with private jets trafficking underage girls to have sex with the rich and powerful? Connections to Royals, Presidents, and god knows who else? A madam that is the daughter of a billionaire and lived a live of "privilege" we can only dream of? This is the stuff people have been claiming has been going on for a long time - like Corey Feldman talking about Hollywood pedophile rings that abused him. But now it's actually coming to the surface and prosecutions are going to happen.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:

Best scenario for her is witness protection somewhere in Ohio

lIke being sent to ohio?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One guy in an interview said he didn't fool around at Epsteins place because he had cameras everywhere.......

If the evidence survived the prosecutions would be easier and well deserved.

quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein had surveillance cameras hidden throughout his properties worldwide in a 'blackmail scheme' to extort his powerful friends

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...owerful-friends.html

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
lIke being sent to ohio?

Or Kentucky. Just an oversight.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If the NetFlix documentary is even remotely true, she was a full and willing participant in everything.
Immunity seems a stretch, but a deal seems likely.
I think the Feds could make the case for a RICO indictment (continuing criminal enterprise) without too much trouble.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
With the amount of info she likely has, her attorney will push for full immunity for full disclosure.

And I would be 100% content with this, AS LONG AS she spills it ALL. As the 'big fish' are prosecuted and fry, the world will see what she was responsible for and she will die a thousand deaths as she is crucified in the media and in her personal life (thought the leftists will try to portray her as yet another 'victim of male aggression'). She has to have some sort of conscious remaining, and hopefully, that will haunt her more than any jail sentence ever could.

quote:
She's never going to be free, even if she never sets foot inside a prison. Best scenario for her is witness protection somewhere in Ohio. She's never going to have the power, or the money. She's not going to ever be able to open up to anyone, or have meaningful relationships. She'll be surrounded by agents and guards and handlers, but always alone. And on top of all that, she'll always be looking over her shoulder, waiting for someone to put her down, either because of what she did, or because she tattled.

BINGO!!!! Reminds me of a story I heard, I think about the last terrorist responsible for the Munich Olympics murders. The Israelis apparently let him live, knowing living the rest of his life in fear and jumping at EVERY car backfire or knock on the door is worse than death.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
BINGO!!!! Reminds me of a story I heard, I think about the last terrorist responsible for the Munich Olympics murders. The Israelis apparently let him live, knowing living the rest of his life in fear and jumping at EVERY car backfire or knock on the door is worse than death.

^^^^^^^^
Do you have a reference? I tend to doubt this assertion considering the attitude that Israel had towards the Black September group.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
witness protection

Speculation? - quite possible.

I'm not an expert.

I would imagine, held in custody until the investigation/courts are done; time served while in custody.
Then released to Witness Protection and lives the remainder of her life in quiet solitude and be forgotten.
Well at least, until the Netflix series is produced.

... just a speculative guesstimate.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I saw it on tv somewhere within the last 15 yrs, I think.

Point being, even if she avoids jail, she will never be "free."

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post