SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI arrested Ghislane Maxwell in New Hampshire this morning (7/2/2020).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FBI arrested Ghislane Maxwell in New Hampshire this morning (7/2/2020). Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
Wait a second that Orange idiot caused Petticoat Junction to be cancelled prematurely? That is beyond the pale. For some reason there seems to be no current pictures of Maxwell, why is that have I just missed them? I am pretty sure that the guy that was supposed to be Epstein on the gurney they brought out if the jail was not him, ears didn’t match nor his nose. Just saying.
Banned

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
<Stands up and tries his level best to be an adult and get an important thread that will likely be with us a while back on track>

In a former life I was a criminal defense attorney. It never ceased to amaze me how much or little evidence there was from case to case. In a case where I thought we'd have a good fight, the prosecutor would have a mountain of evidence, then in others where I thought surely they'd have my guy dead to rights, they'd have jack shit. I learned to never assume what evidence there would or wouldn't be until discovery. I mention that experience because many folks are speculating (not necessary just here, but in my social circles and in the news too) that she "must" have video tapes because Epstein clearly had tapes, etc.

While I have been out of the game for a loooong time now, I would cation everyone from being so hopeful. If she had tapes, then Epstein would have had some too right? And if he had them, then the feds would have gotten them when they raided his place(s). And if the feds had them, them experience would tell me that they would have made a shit load of arrests all on the same day...or close to each other anyways.

I say all of this, because she obviously has a lot of incriminating evidence in her head, but I'm seeing actions that would lead me to believe there is not a treasure trove of video tapes somewhere.

This will likely be a year of interviewing her and then investigating the information she provides and building cases against those she rats on. Building those cases will take quite a bit of time because they'll need to corroborate her story, etc.

I could be very wrong, but I just see this thing going dark/quiet for a while. Then it will explode back into the news in a year or so. We shall see.

PS, don't bother with the "he had the tapes hidden away and she knows where they are" argument. The reason I am no longer a defense attorney is because our firm, and myself in particular, got very good at child sex cases (state and federal). These sick bastards don't work like that. They keep their trophies close so they can view them over and over. They leave digital footprints all over the damn place...it's the easiest evidence in the world for the feds to find.

The argument I could make for said treasure trove of tapes existing is that they found them when they raided Epstein's place. They wanted Epstein to testify along with the vids, but he killed himself. So they took some time to build their case against Maxwell to force her to corroborate the tapes. That is certainly possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me because they would have arrested a few of the people who can be clearly identified in the tapes and squeezed them too. Again, I don't want to get into conspiracy theories, just trying to shed some light on this whole idea that he tapped everything; I just don't see it at this point. This will be a "he said, she said" with everyone denying allegations. So we're gonna need to be patient on this one imo.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A huge amount of material is being released as per court order, that will shed a lot of light on this case. Not the least of interest to me is what kind of justification was used by the prosecutors in Florida to include as a part of the Epstein plea, the promise of immunity to, "...all known and unknown co-conspirators."

This is an extraordinary offer that has no known precedent and is questionable as to it's legality. If Maxwell's defense attorneys attempt to invoke immunity via this deal that Epstein somehow obtained, it'll open up a very interesting can of worms.

https://www.usnews.com/news/to...civil-lawsuit-public

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I would cation everyone from being so hopeful. If she had tapes, then Epstein would have had some too right? And if he had them, then the feds would have gotten them when they raided his place(s).

After Epstein's arrest there was a week or so, if I remember correctly, before the feds descended on all of Epstein's properties and people were seen to come and go before the feds got there. Don't know if there were/are tapes or not but I think there was ample opportunity for evidence to be removed at Epstein's direction before the feds got to his properties. Usually law enforcement has search warrants in hand before arrests are made and there are no delays in property searches. This one was a little different ... well planned or not.

I will agree with this ...

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I could be very wrong, but I just see this thing going dark/quiet for a while. Then it will explode back into the news in a year or so. We shall see.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ns-state-department/

Ghislaine Maxwell’s nephew worked at the State Department under Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state, a spokesperson confirmed Friday.

[T]abloid OK! Magazine is reporting that ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “gifted” Maxwell’s nephew, Alexander Djerassi, a position within her department w hen he was just out of college and gave him “special treatment.”

A State Department spokesperson told The Daily Beast that Djerassi served as a “Staff Assistant” from May 2009 to June 2012. The Daily Beast could not confirm whether the role was in fact “gifted” by Clinton. […]

The report also appears to reference Djerassi’s LinkedIn profile, which lists his role as chief of staff for the “Office of the Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs” from May 2011 to June 2012. Djerassi served as special assistant to the office from May 2009 to May 2011, his online profile says. […]

From September 2007 to June 2008, Djerassi was a policy associate for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Fox News reported in May 2016 that Bill Clinton went on at least 26 trips aboard Epstein’s plane — the “Lolita Express” — between 2001 and 2003, according to flight logs from the Federal Aviation Administration. Listed as the destination for those trips were exotic locales like the Azores, Singapore, Brunei, Norway, and Russia, among others.

On at least five of those excursions, the flight logs denote that Clinton was not accompanied by any Secret Service personnel. The former president, though, did occasionally travel in the company of Maxwell and Sarah Kellen, Epstein’s former assistant.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Any bad news for her is good news for us!

Ghislaine Maxwell loses fight to keep her Jeffrey Epstein testimony sealed

A federal appeals court dealt Ghislaine Maxwell, the alleged madam to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, twin blows late Monday by declining to consolidate her appeals in numerous overlapping cases and striking down her effort to thwart release of a controversial deposition she gave in a now-settled civil lawsuit.

The three-judge Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit held more than two hours of oral arguments last week, and issued a succinct Monday afternoon order holding that a lower court judge did not err in order the release of a 418-page deposition from April 2016 that could shed new light on the Epstein empire.

“We have reviewed all of the arguments raised by Defendant-Appellant Maxwell on appeal and find them to be without merit,” the judges wrote, also turning away a request for consolidation with Maxwell’s criminal case in the Southern District of New York. “We DENY the motion to consolidate this appeal with the pending appeal in United States v. Maxwell.”

The ruling affirmed a decision over the summer by U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska to release hundreds of documents from a 2015 civil suit involving Maxwell and Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre. The case was settled in 2017 and the Miami Herald sued for the release of the documents following its groundbreaking November 2018 Perversion of Justice series, which spotlighted how Epstein escaped serious punishment despite widespread accusations that he sexually abused underage girls. Epstein was arrested in July 2019 and found dead in a jail cell the following month, determined to be a suicide.

Preska in July ruled in favor of the Herald, arguing there was an overwhelming presumption of the public’s right to access Maxwell’s deposition. Maxwell, who was arrested this past July 2 and denied bail, argued that the deposition would jeopardize her ability to get a fair trial. Maxwell was charged with four counts of sexual trafficking of a minor for allegedly recruiting and grooming three girls Epstein sexually abused, allegedly partaking in the abuse of one of the girls, and two counts of perjury for statements she made in the April 2016 deposition. She has appealed another judge’s ruling that blocked her from sharing what she said was new material from her federal criminal case to be considered by Preska.

Monday’s ruling by the three-judge panel concluded Preska had not erred in her decision, noting that “the District Court correctly held that the deposition materials are judicial documents to which the presumption of public access attaches, and did not abuse its discretion in rejecting Maxwell’s meritless arguments that her interests superseded the presumption of access.”

There is no determined timetable for when Preska will release the much-anticipated lengthy transcript of Maxwell’s 2016 deposition. The judge has already released many documents from the civil case and is weighing requests by two so-called John Does that their names be redacted from any document subsequently released because of the reputational harm it could cause them.

Spencer Kuvin, a lawyer who has represented several of Epstein’s alleged victims, welcomed the ruling Monday.

“This is good news for not just the victims of Epstein, but for victims everywhere,” he said. “The Courts should not be a party to the long history of Epstein and his co-conspirator’s attempts to avoid public scrutiny for their actions. Everyone who was a part of the Epstein sex ring should be concerned.”

Miami Herald Link

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6842 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Time to kick over some rocks and bring these criminals into the light of day.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Asks Questions About Jeffrey Epstein’s Death in Prison, Bill Barr’s Explanations Don’t Add Up

For his opening monologue tonight, Fox New host Tucker Carlson asks questions about the death of Jeffrey Epstein in question. Carlson walks through the series of events and comments by then Attorney General Bill Barr that no longer seem to add up.
WATCH:

Mr. Carlson has been asking a lot of uncomfortable questions lately.

https://theconservativetreehou...-add-up/#more-242602

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post