SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    today is " A day without a woman"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

today is " A day without a woman" Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://motto.time.com/4693472/...a-day-without-woman/

Women across the country are going on strike.

On Wednesday — International Women’s Day — some women will take the day off from their jobs and household responsibilities, including childcare and chores. Others will boycott shopping at any business that isn’t owned by a women or minorities. And others, who are unable to take the day off, will wear red — “the color signifying revolutionary love and sacrifice” — in solidarity.

The organizers are asking women, if they can, to take the day off from work and refrain from doing household tasks. A Day Without a Woman organizers want men who want to support the cause to show up at work and start conversations about discrimination in their workplaces. Beyond striking, a Day Without a Woman wants women to flex the power of their purses by refraining from shopping, except at small businesses owned by women or minorities.

While it’s unclear just how many women plan to participate, there are protests and demonstrations planned across the country, led by organizers from both groups. So far, two school districts, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools and Alexandria, Virginia, even announced that they would close schools after a high number of employees requested the day off.

because American women are so mistreated ?

Maybe they should go on a world tour.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
RANGE DAY!!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Great idea. When can we schedule "A Day Without Men?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://nypost.com/2017/02/25/t...ized-by-a-terrorist/

the brains behind the movement are calling for a “new wave of militant feminist struggle.”

The document was co-authored by, among others, Rasmea Yousef Odeh, a convicted terrorist.

Odeh, a Palestinian, was convicted in Israel in 1970 for her part in two terrorist bombings, one of which killed two students while they were shopping for groceries.

She spent 10 years in prison for her crimes. She then managed to become a US citizen in 2004 by lying about her past

She was convicted, in 2014, of immigration fraud for the falsehoods. However, she won the right to a new trial (set for this spring) by claiming she had been suffering from PTSD at the time she lied on her application. Oh, and in her time as a citizen, she worked for a while as an ObamaCare navigator.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And tomorrow I go back on the ship...Where there are no women. Perfect.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
So far, two school districts, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools and Alexandria, Virginia, even announced that they would close schools after a high number of employees requested the day off.

I guess the school system doesn't know how to say no? Sorry teach, all your buddies already requested off we don't have enough people to cover your shift. You can have off on Thursday if you'd like though.

PS

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3760056024

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
These whack jobs don't seem to understand that MOTHERS DON'T GET A DAY OFF.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a threat or a promise?

Oh that's right, these women still think the silent treatment is a punishment.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of the cartoon that my wife had on our frig for several years. It was a drawing of several men around a table with full glasses and a pitcher of beer. Above them was a sign which read: "Group Therapy for Men." One of the men kicked off the session by stating: "All women are nuts." To which the other men replied: I'll drink to that."
Wink

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think we could get a week? I could do with some peace and quiet.....

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Woohoo pizza night for me and the kids! And then chocolate cake amd coca cola so they crash down from the sugar high and actually sleep!
'Score!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Resting up for the March 14 holiday??

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to make my own sammiches tomorrow. Whatever..... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oilpatch29:
...these women still think the silent treatment is a punishment.

My girlfriend thought that was funny too! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Damn, if that happens tomorrow, I guess I get off work! No kids at all and no teachers, save me and maybe 16 other men. (Yes, literally, unless I miscount, that's all of us in the whole school.)

That could be either a long day spent in a nearly empty building or a ticket home. Either way, bring it on--I could use a break!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Guess I'll have to make my own sammiches tomorrow. Whatever..... Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How 'bout a day without the men who built this world? Virtually no commercial airflight, virtually no policing, most surgeries, you name it. You want to really experience "a day without"? No, you don't, but we could give it to you short-sighted whiners and leave a lasting impression, k?

When all these little groups get finished doing their little shit and then they see that the world keeps going and doesn't give a damn about their tantrums, maybe we can get past this really stupid, utterly childish bullshit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but I read "International Women's Day in the OP as

"Irrational Women's Day" and said to myself tomorrow must end in "y"....

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10929 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'll go for a bike ride tomorrow. The roads should be safe.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post