SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The problem I have is that he could easily prove to himself that this theory is incorrect by flying around the world in one direction. People choosing to be ignorant is why society sucks so bad. What a society we could have if people chose to think and not feel.

No, see, the airlines are in on the conspiracy to make everyone think the world is round. They actually fly in big curving flight paths rather than in the straight lines they put on a map. That way no one riding a plane can see the truth.

The water in your bathtub is flat, man.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
And thats why they serve chicken. Chickens cant fly. Its all part of the conspiracy maaan...

I watched about 5 minutes of that movie thats on page 3. My already limited IQ was plunging so rapidly I had to turn it off. Like most nut case theories, it bounces around trying to emcompas every other nut case theory and tie them all together
quote:

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw an article today where Shaq said he was just kidding.
Not sure if I believe him or not.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
The other side?

Its either all the plumbing and electrical stuff that keeps it all running...or maybe...it's like the old 45's. There's a lesser known planet on the other side that doesnt get much airtime.

The "B" side. Big Grin

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
What on earth goes on in between the ears of their pointy little heads?
Have you ever listened to a conch shell? The effect is similar.

I have a question for the "Flat Earthers"--if the Earth we know is flat, what's on the other side?

flashguy

It's turtles right the way down....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
The other side?
maybe...it's like the old 45's. There's a lesser known planet on the other side that
Its either all the plumbing and electrical stuff that keeps it all running...or doesnt get much airtime.

The "B" side. Big Grin

Dude, I always like the B side better than the hits.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
We live in an era where warnings/disclaimers must be listed because some people are beyond stupid. Contraceptive jellies must state "not edible" and some wipe their ass without washing their hands. Deal with enough people and it becomes apparent there is no base line for a level of intelligence. I imagine the NBA and NFL coaches feel like a curator at a zoo all too often.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
The other side?
maybe...it's like the old 45's. There's a lesser known planet on the other side that
Its either all the plumbing and electrical stuff that keeps it all running...or doesnt get much airtime.

The "B" side. Big Grin

Dude, I always like the B side better than the hits.

Well, maybe you should visit the local REI and set out on an epic journey! That would be funny to go in there and tell them you need to be outfitted to travel to the underside of the earth. Knowing REI, there's probably someone who's been there though...

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
On the flip side is Counter Earth where Cap't Kirk is evil.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly why are we being deceived and misled about our flat earth? I'm not quite sure how someone would benefit from this deception but if some famous basketball players say its true, who am I to disagree?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The problem I have is that he could easily prove to himself that this theory is incorrect by flying around the world in one direction. People choosing to be ignorant is why society sucks so bad. What a society we could have if people chose to think and not feel.

Actually, he would have to do it twice to really prove it. Once E-W, then N-S (or versa-vicea!) Else that pictograph of the flat Earth platter would pop up again...

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
he and Kimmel were dispelling any sincerity about the claim, on last nights Kimmel Show.

it was in fact a joke

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope

That's the same thing Hank Johnson said after he showed his ass. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A joke. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and his fellow NBA dolts who believe the same shit- well, they're just joking, too. Because that's what the NBA is- an aggregation of oh so clever Andy Kaufman-esque geniuses, who construct jokes so elaborate, no one can tell if they are, in fact, jokes.

We just need to have ol' Shaq to come out on Kimmel, dressed as Tony Clifton, and then the circle will be complete.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
My first thought when seeing this was that Shaq was joking. I first met Shaq over 25 years ago when he was at LSU, and I have seen him occasionally since then. We're not buds or anything, but I've interacted with him numerous times, and I can tell you this. He is not a stereotypical younger thug player. If he hadn't played basketball, he would still have done well in life. He is not an idiot- to the contrary, he is reasonably bright, decently educated, well spoken, and comes from a background with discipline and values.

Most importantly to the topic at hand, I can tell you that he is always joking around. That is not just a persona he is using- he has been that way at least since he was in college. I have no doubt that he was joking about this. I've just dealt with Shaq enough to know how he acts.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I hear you knockin'
But you can't come in

Nope

posted Hide Post
I suppose it's possible he thought the joke was appearing to play along with the dolts in the NBA who actually believe this shit, but the problem with that is that a whole lot of people now think he's the idiot. I'd say the joke is on him either way.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You got it. If he's that clever, he ain't that clever.

posted Hide Post
and ! there might be a run for county sheriff position in the future

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post