SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hey Shaq... If the world is flat, what keeps the water in the oceans? If nothing, where does it go and where does it come from?

If we know every other planet in the universe that we've found is a sphere, why are we special?

Do you think the astronauts that have orbited the Earth (a sphere) were just lying??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Maybe basketballs are actually flat and he's been playing frisbee all these years....

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
What on earth goes on in between the ears of their pointy little heads?
Only the sound of a lonesome, arid wind whistling through an abandoned mining camp, apparently.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
"But I'll say anything to get on the news"
Sorry, no. It's apparent that this pinhead is being serious.

You're probably right. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Jim Croce might have said it best in Don't Mess Around with Jim.......

"Yeah, he's big and dumb as a man can come"

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I don't know, it sure looks round to me.

But then again, it could be another one of those vast right wing conspiracies. Maybe I should just defer to PHD O'Neal on this one. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:...
Just to say that YES you can see the curvature of the earth in an airplane. Its pretty apparent above about 40,000'. Nobody has bribed me to say this either.

It is because your eyeballs are round.
The flat view of the earth apears round when it is projected on the curved surface of your retina, and the abberation from the edge distortion of your eye's lens.

And you spray chemtrails, so we already know you lie.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Ive been sick and the wife has had a rough week at work, so this is providing us much relief and great entertainment this morning via text.

Oh...I got a GREAT chemtrail story...!

Wait...more thinking on my part....

So, when I fly from JFK to LAX and utilize the Great Circle route and associated distance, is this just some kind of scam thats been programmed into the ADIRUs?

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If the world were flat, cats would have already pushed everything off it.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:

So, when I fly from JFK to LAX and utilize the Great Circle route and associated distance, is this just some kind of scam thats been programmed into the ADIRUs?

Not if you're using GPS. Razz Big Grin

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5564 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Shaq & The General should take a ride and just keep driving till they fall off (or in).

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The Earth is neither flat nor round. The Earth exists only as a simulated reality inside a super-duper computer, per Elon Musk, the smartest man in the simulation. Or as the dreams of Vishnu, the sleeping god. Or merely, as Plato described, the shadow cast on the wall of a cave by a more transcendent reality. Etc, etc.

With so many philosophies and religions throughout history teaching that the world is not real, isn't it a bit presumptuous to believe that the single theory saying reality is real, is really correct. I mean, come on, really?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I guess it's wonderful that a person that stupid can make a good living.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I guess it's wonderful that a person that stupid can make a good living.

The American dream!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Snorting too much Icy-Hot ?

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
The Earth is neither flat nor round. The Earth exists only as a simulated reality inside a super-duper computer, per Elon Musk, the smartest man in the simulation. Or as the dreams of Vishnu, the sleeping god. Or merely, as Plato described, the shadow cast on the wall of a cave by a more transcendent reality. Etc, etc.

With so many philosophies and religions throughout history teaching that the world is not real, isn't it a bit presumptuous to believe that the single theory saying reality is real, is really correct. I mean, come on, really?

Well in that case, watch your step and dont fall off into Uranus!!! Big Grin Wink

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
This is what... the third or fourth time in a month that >>>>>TIMECUBE<<<<< has been relevant to the topic being discussed?

It's a sign.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
egregore
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.

posted March 23, 2017 10:12 AM Hide Post

WINNER! Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone should ask ol' Shaq for photos of the edge of the world.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much Gold Bond has affected what brain he might have had.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post