SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
If the earth is flat and extends infinitely, how does the sun rise in the east after setting in the west?

Simple, the sun revolves around the Earth. That was a common belief ... about six centuries ago.

See, now you're being ridiculous. No one believes the sun revolves around the earth. Take note:

This is all covered in the FAQ section. Have an open mind, will ya'!

I'm totally on board with this explanation of seasons - it's on a color chart so it has to be true. I'm just trying to figure out night because based on that map the sun should be due south at midnight not ... gone.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Report This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Y'all are just plain wrong.

We are all part of a reality show.
Just like "The Truman Show" film.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The problem I have is that he could easily prove to himself that this theory is incorrect by flying around the world in one direction. People choosing to be ignorant is why society sucks so bad. What a society we could have if people chose to think and not feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the feeling many of us would be shocked by the level of ignorance among our fellow citizens. He is one of the few whose words/beliefs have national exposure.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If the earth was flat, there'd be no such thing as gyroscopes. That's one of about 1,562,312 things to consider... Roll Eyes

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

This is all covered in the FAQ section. Have an open mind, will ya'!

I'm totally on board with this explanation of seasons - it's on a color chart so it has to be true. I'm just trying to figure out night because based on that map the sun should be due south at midnight not ... gone.

~sigh~ It's all very clear if you would just open your eyes...and consult the frequently asked questions:

What about Day/Night and Sunrise/Sunset?

The sun simply illuminates only a portion of the earth at a time. This also explains timezones as we can then see the path of the Sun, a circle above the flat earth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've got the feeling many of us would be shocked by the level of ignorance among our fellow citizens.

Maybe 20 years ago, before I started reading Sig Forum Big Grin

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Too much Gold Bond has affected what brain he might have had.

Too much Gold Bond? No such thing. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Years back we were tooling along at altitude one night above and undercast with a full moon. Took a potty break. Flight attendant comes up and looks out the window at the moon....

"Wow!!! It's sooo bright!! It's like the sun is shining on it!"

If I would have know at the time, I would have asked if she was a member.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Look ! I can see Russia from my house !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So you mean I can't dig to China?

If the earth is infinite with no edge then I guess we have infinite resources?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
There's no easy way to say this without offending somebody, but the man is a fuckin' loon.

tac

Posts: 11437 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...UYg&feature=youtu.be

Sadly he likes to joke.

The only thing difficult about this is that during the interview he say's we would know he is being serious by the tone in his voice. Dude is monotone.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope, not buying it, nor are his fellow NBA fools "joking", either.

Uh uh

This is exactly what Hank Johnson said after his idiotic remarks about Guam "tipping over". He, too, said he was "joking".

Nope

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post

Put that in your round pipe and smooookit. Wink

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Shag says flat, it's flat. If a politician said the world was round, would you believe him or Shag?

Posts: 688 | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
What on earth goes on in between the ears of their pointy little heads?
Have you ever listened to a conch shell? The effect is similar.

I have a question for the "Flat Earthers"--if the Earth we know is flat, what's on the other side?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wait, what happens if too many people and fish get too close to the edge, do we flip over and fall off?

Can we try it?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
What on earth goes on in between the ears of their pointy little heads?
Have you ever listened to a conch shell? The effect is similar.

I have a question for the "Flat Earthers"--if the Earth we know is flat, what's on the other side?

flashguy

Never thought about that....What is on the other side?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The other side?

Its either all the plumbing and electrical stuff that keeps it all running...or maybe...it's like the old 45's. There's a lesser known planet on the other side that doesnt get much airtime.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post