SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Shape of Things Too Dumb : Shaquille O'Neal declares the Earth to be flat Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, it simply goes to show what we now value in society. We don't value intellect or a curious nature. We value the skills of stupid people who run fast with a little ball, and we give them mountains of money and elevate their status in society to near that of the Gods.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I'm not concerned whether Shaq thinks the world is flat or it's a triangle twisted into a pretzel. As Para said he bounces a ball, I will never elevate any athlete to some sort of higher mind due to being able to score points in a game.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
Watched this crazy stuff. Crazy but entertaining ass hell.

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He probably thinks string theory has to do with yarn.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Oh lordy. A younger shipmate of mine mentioned hearing a basketball player recently saying something monumentally stupid relating to the earth being flat. I had no idea it was Shaq.

These people are certifiably dumb.

http://www.theflatearthsociety...hp/about-the-society

I dunno. Seems like these people also agree ( sarc/OFF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84g2KJcUV0

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
He probably thinks string theory has to do with yarn.
You can bet your bottom dollar O'Neal has never heard of String Theory, nor would he have any chance whatsoever of fathoming it if someone were foolish enough to waste their time trying to explain it to him.

Seriously, if you actually believe the Earth is flat, you are stupid beyond belief, and you have no chance of discerning the actual truth of things. No chance at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I was eating lunch in a sports bar recently and of course multiple TVs were covering multiple pro sports. The TV closest to me was tuned to an interview with a pro basketballer. I have no ideal who he was.
The man could barely speak and was covered in bad tattoos.
My immediate thought was that if he was not in pro sports, he would be living in his mothers basement.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My immediate thought was that if he was not in pro sports, he would be living in his mothers basement.
In jail, more likely.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, it simply goes to show what we now value in society. We don't value intellect or a curious nature. We value the skills of stupid people who run fast with a little ball, and we give them mountains of money and elevate their status in society to near that of the Gods.

This is it in a nutshell. I still find it hard to believe this is not a publicity stunt to get in the headlines. Is he really that F'ing stupid? Wow.

The moon landing was faked. Bigfoot exists.
Ghosts are real. You can tell the future with a pack of cards. The earth is flat. Sheesh.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems there was a recent article indicating something like half of pro athletes, who made many $tens of millions in sports, are bankrupt within seven years after they retire.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
I'm speachless.

"Gracity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall."

I was going to type a phrase that used the Good Lord's name in vain, but thought better of it.

Just to say that YES you can see the curvature of the earth in an airplane. Its pretty apparent above about 40,000'. Nobody has bribed me to say this either.

Your just fooled by the trick windows they installed to fool us

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
What on earth goes on in between the ears of their pointy little heads?
Only the sound of a lonesome, arid wind whistling through an abandoned mining camp, apparently.

... with a "For Rent" sign prominently displayed.

Reminds me of that flea joke about a space invader.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I am genuinely surprised to read this and see he is serious, not joking. Of course he's no Einstein, neither am I, but I do know the Earth is round. I didn't expect this.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone should ask ol' Shaq for photos of the edge of the world.

Dammit man ... you don't get it ... it's infinite ... no edge, you just go around in circles ... no 360* angle!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If the earth is flat and extends infinitely, how does the sun rise in the east after setting in the west? And what's on the other side of Flat Earth (can we send the Kardashians there)?

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the earth is flat and extends infinitely, how does the sun rise in the east after setting in the west?

Simple, the sun revolves around the Earth. That was a common belief ... about six centuries ago.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I've always liked this video ...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/n4IhCSMkADc

I have the alert for when the ISS flies overhead.

Of course, flat earthers would ask " ... where are the stars, the other satellites ... "

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
If the earth is flat and extends infinitely, how does the sun rise in the east after setting in the west?

Simple, the sun revolves around the Earth. That was a common belief ... about six centuries ago.

... and the Egyptians and the sun chariot ...

Kerry Packer

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

See, now you're being ridiculous. No one believes the sun revolves around the earth. Take note:

This is all covered in the FAQ section. Have an open mind, will ya'!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But the earth is infinite so there's no getting around it. Maybe the sun is on a dimmer, like the lights in my kitchen.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Report This Post