SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was your first firearm?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first firearm? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My first was a Belguim made Browning .22 auto that my Dad bought me back in '50's. I still have don't shoot like I use to. I'll pass it down to one of my grandsons one of these days alone with my Dad's Sweet 16.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In mid 80's I bought a used Stainless 1911 Government Model by AMT. Had it worked over by a gunsmith a few years ago. Still shoots fairly well with ball ammo.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The first I owned, i.e., bought myself with my own money, was a Ruger Security-Six circa 1984, from Monkey Wards (Montgomery Ward), no less. Shooting goes back much farther than that. The first rifle was an old Mossberg bolt .22 that, because of its heavy "target" barrel and being adult-sized was hard for me at 10-11 years old to even lift. I just shot that one off a bench. First handgun was a Ruger Single-Six. These guns are still in the family.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
The first firearm I bought was a High Standard Double Nine that I purchased during my freshman year at NMIMT. It was stolen from my room in a boarding house while I was helping build a Uranium Refinery.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My first firearm was a new Ruger P89 with extra 15 rd mags before CA banned them. My next purchase, my first rifle, was a Ruger PC-9 9mm carbine, as a companion for the P89. Still have both of them.

My first Sig was a new non-railed P229 9mm a couple of years before joining the forum. Still have that one also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
An H&R .22 revolver. It was cheap, but solidly built. There really isn't anything like it any more. Cheap firearms are just cheap now. That one was cheap and no frills, but still worked.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first firearm was loaned to me in July 1957 by Uncle Sam, an Springfield M1 Garand. Nice Armory SGT gave us cases and cases of 30.06 ammo to have fun with. No eye of ear protection, but what the hey. 17 years old and ready to take on the Rooskies.

Also got to shoot an M1 Carbine and Colt .45, thanks to Uncle Sam.

Nice guy, got me hooked on firearms.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used my Dad's growing up, but once I was out on my own my first purchase was a .22 Magnum Winchester lever action, nostalgia being the culprit.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1st was a Llama 45. It was a commander size 1911 clone that wasn't actually compatible with any 1911 parts. I couldn't get thru 3 rounds without a failure of some kind. I owned it a week before selling it.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post