SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was your first firearm?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first firearm? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Remington 552 Speedmaster. I think it was around 1966-67 when my dad gave this to me. I still have this rifle and it is still in Remington's product lineup. One of the few rifles that shoots .22 Short, Long and Long Rifle ammunition.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My mom bought me a Beretta 92F on my 17th birthday.
I will give that same gun to my son (he's 26) after his wife turns 21 later this year.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
S&W 586 4"

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
My first firearm was given to me by my dad whenever I was 5 years old. It was a Eastern Arms .410 shotgun. That was 1955. It was his gun whenever he was a kid. I still have it after 62 years.
First rifle? I can't remember.
First handgun? Colt Woodsman. I was 12 years old, if I remember correctly.

My dad would never buy me a BB gun. Said they were too dangerous.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
First long gun- Mossberg 500
First handgun- S&W 4006
First Sig- P226

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bought Rem 870 Wingmaster in HighSchool (still have it).
Beretta FS92 [handgun] (still have it too).

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Daisy Pal BB gun that my Dad gave me for my 8th birthday.
Still have it 40 years later.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Remington Youth 20ga, single shot; got it when I was 8yo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
besides the few air rifle, bb guns

first rifle was a Mini 14, 180 series (still have it)
first handgun, AMT Lightning, 8" bull barrel, (Still have it)

first NFA, Mac-11 9mm (sold long ago)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SP2022 in 9mm. Dear friend of mine that passed a few years ago was an FFL. He convinced me I needed a handgun. Some days, I curse him for infecting me with this disease. But a least my firearm collection is worth a lot more than my wife's shoe collection.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
My first projectile firing gun was a Crosman .177 I received from my dad at age 12. My first actual fire producing weapon was a Valmet 12 gauge over/under I received as a Christmas present from my parents while I was in college.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My first gun ever was a S&W Model 59 - a hand-me down from my great uncle (w/ 2 silver stars and a DFC).

First one I bought for myself was a Sig P226.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
SIG 226-9, purchased right around the time I joined SIGForum.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Smith Wesson SW99 9mm. Joint venture between S&W and Walther. Basically a US made P99.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Stevens bolt action .22 rifle that was my uncles.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I bought two o the same day - a Ruger MkII and a Sig P238

still have the Ruger

Sold the P238 to a commercial pilot

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
12 gauge Winchester Model 37. I was 10 or 11. I won a lot of Turkey Shoots with that gun. Yes, I still have it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A Mossberg bolt action 20 gauge.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
HK USPc .45

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
For my 15th birthday my Dad bought me a Remington Nylon 66 rifle, 22LR.
For my 16th he bought me a Fox Model B, 20GA, side by side shotgun.
When I turned 21 I bought myself a S&W Model 19, 4" 357 Combat Magnum.

To this day I still have these in my collection, 51 years after getting the first one. I cherish the 66 and the Model B, great gifts from my Dad who has long passed away.
RIP Dad

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post