SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Griddle vs Grill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Griddle vs Grill Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A related thread:

“Great restaurant burgers – it’s the griddle”

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...390049354#3390049354

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9000 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
You can buy an electric, plug in the wall griddle for $30 at Target. A griddle ISN'T GRILLING, it's like cooking in a bigger frying pan.

A grill OTOH adds flavor to the food and transforms it into something else. Plus the food doesn't cook in it's own grease.

Re: “Plus the food doesn't cook in it's own grease.”

Another opinion about that. 3-minute video:

https://youtu.be/K7tTcBcjI0c

Says: “All the good stuff – the fat and the juice – drips into the fire.”

Me? I cook my smash burgers in a cooktop griddle.

Your pan in the picture is precisely why I want a grill and not a griddle which cooks exactly like I can do on my stove.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I posted in this thread over a year ago about having purchased a stainless griddle for the gas grill. Well since then I picked up a used 22" Blackstone and really like it. Bought it from a guy who was only selling it because it wasn't big enough. Well, here I am shopping the 4 burner 36" griddle. Everything from Omelets and French toast to Asparagus and Kobe Burgers, This thing is the bomb. But I can't cook on the 22" for more than two people. I would Karma the 22" if it wasn't so damn heavy.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Went to the Blackstone griddle about a year ago. It is outside, along side a webber gas and RecTec pellet smoker. The griddle gets the lions share of the work and goes camping with us. Used 3 to 5 times a week.Very versitile.

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 354 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Likewise, I have a Weber 310 plumbed into my natural gas and a Traeger Pro 34. They all do things well but I have never found one that could do it all.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post