SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That has been the pattern for at least the past year. It goes up 30-40 cents in a couple of days and then slowly works its way back down over the next week or two. It will drop over the next couple of weeks and I will fill up whether I need it or not. I'm getting pretty good at this game!

Most places in Des Moines were $2.60 yesterday. I paid $2.45 at Costco.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3.29 Now in MQT. Up from $2.89 last week. Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Filled up two days ago at $2.91

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Just paid $3.19, just outside of Cincinnati.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Just jumped from $3.05 to $3.35 or $3.39 by us. We found one still at $3.05 and topped off today.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most places have gone up 10 cents per gallon over the past couple of days here. The Speedway for example was $3.09 last Friday, $3.19 now.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My daughter gassed up (87 octane) on the 2nd for $3.039/gallon. Today when I drove by it was $3.379

I also gassed up (93 octane) on the 2nd for $4.059/gal. I gassed up again two days ago for $4.179/gal.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I spoke too soon. Today half the stations in town went up a dime to $3.09.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Conflict in the middle east is probably not helping:

quote:

Blasts hit Iran’s natural gas pipeline in act of ‘sabotage:’ official

Explosions struck a natural gas pipeline in Iran early on Wednesday, with an official blaming the blasts on a “sabotage and terrorist action” in the country as tensions remain high in the Middle East amid Israel’s war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

Details were scarce, though the blasts hit a natural gas pipeline running from Iran’s western Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province up north to cities on the Caspian Sea. The roughly 790-mile pipeline begins in Asaluyeh, a hub for Iran’s offshore South Pars gas field.

Saeed Aghli, the manager of Iran’s gas network control center, told Iranian state television that a “sabotage and terrorist” action caused explosions along several areas of the line.

There are no known insurgent groups operating in that province, home to the Bakhtiari, a branch of Iran’s Lur ethnic group.

Aghli did not name any suspects in the blasts.

Iran’s Oil Minister Javad Owji, also speaking to state TV, compared the attack to a series of mysterious and unclaimed assault on gas pipelines in 2011 — including around the anniversary of Iran’s 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Tehran marked the 45th anniversary of the revolution on Sunday.

“The goal that the enemies were pursuing were to cut the gas in the major provinces of the country and it did not happen,” Owji said.

“Except for the number of villages that were near the gas transmission lines, no province suffered a cut.”

Explosions struck a natural gas pipeline in Iran early Wednesday, with an official blaming the blasts on a "sabotage and terrorist action" in the country as tensions remain high in the Middle East amid Israel's war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

In the past, Arab separatists in southwestern Iran have claimed attacks against oil pipelines. However, attacks elsewhere in Iran against such infrastructure are rare.

Since the revolution, Iran has faced low-level separatist unrest from Kurds in the country’s northwest, the Baluch in the east and Arabs in the southwest.

However, tensions have risen in recent years as Iran faces an economy hobbled by international sanctions over its nuclear program.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/14/...-an-act-of-sabotage/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
As for your increases, looks like most of you are east coast based. I'm wondering if there isn't a supply issue or refining issue.

Queue Tatortodd for insight.
Nothing global or national as evidenced by:
  • They NYMEX gasoline price (i.e. New York Harbor) is down $0.04 per gallon in a week. That's wholesale without transportation, storage, taxes, etc.
  • March NYMEX crude oil future (i.e. Cushing, OK) is down $.015 per gallon in a week. That's wholesale without transportation, storage, taxes, etc.

The core of the price tracking and inventory tracking is by PADD region so here is the PADD map:

GasBuddy's weekly price change heat map was a little surprising. PADD 1A is flat which is odd as they usually move with PADD 1B. PADD 1A is also really susceptible to bidding wars with Europe due to the amount of barrels transported from Gulf Coast via barge/tanker. PADD 1B, the northern end of PADD 1C, and part of PADD 2 have the largest weekly price increases.

That caused me to look at PADD 1 and 2 refinery outages. BP's Whiting is the largest refinery in the Midwest and is located in the Indiana portion of Chicago. It suffered a major power outage 2 weeks ago and they're still not back up. Crude oil is stacking up in Midwest tankage because Whiting isn't refining 435,000 barrels per day into refined product (e.g. gasoline). Meanwhile gasoline prices are going up as there isn't enough spare refining capacity in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, PA, and WV to make up for Whiting. Refineries in TX, LA, AL, and MS are going to have to make up for it, and the gasoline needs to make the long journey via Colonial Pipeline past the thirsty people in PADD 1C (with the exception of WV, this region has zero refineries).

I've screencaptured this EIA map to provide an idea on refinery locations and refined product pipelines:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by lkdr1989:
    Conflict in the middle east is probably not helping:

quote:

Blasts hit Iran’s natural gas pipeline in act of ‘sabotage:’ official
    Not related. Natural gas and gasoline pices move independently 99.9% of the time including now.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dinosaur
    Picture of P210
    posted Hide Post
    Regular was $4.099 today at Costco in Kahului. At Shell & Texaco it’s $4.699.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah, gas prices have been all over the place lately.

Posts: 9 | Location: MS, USA | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post