SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pete Buttigieg Says Racists Created Underpasses To Keep Black And Puerto Rican Children From Going To The Beach
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pete Buttigieg Says Racists Created Underpasses To Keep Black And Puerto Rican Children From Going To The Beach Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Ugh! Can that administration get any more insane???

yOU HAD TO ASK...
https://kfiam640.iheart.com/co...-very-woke-question/

Confused Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39178 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Non-raciss solution, imported from California, but Green modernized electric, of course (don't use no gas now):

Take a little trip to sea...

Posts: 16150 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Harvard degree....Prestigious McKinsey & Company pedigree.... All paper accomplishments which when translated to the real world once again mean nothing. This clown is one of the most unqualified, insincere, moronic, people I've ever seen.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would be surprised how many losers come from prestigious programs.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
You would be surprised how many losers come from prestigious programs.
Actually, I wouldn't. I've had to deal with them, many times bailing their worthless, arrogant, asses out, for much of the past 20 years. Likely the number one accomplishment in my professional career was stolen from me by one of these morons acting as my boss. You can imagine my delight years later when I learned he'd been arrested and prosecuted for embezzlement of company assets. And that only came after he was caught mounting his assistant on the desk in his office after hours.

Little pieces of paper hanging in frames on a wall, or reflected on a resume, mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the competence and abilities of a person.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Little pieces of paper hanging in frames on a wall, or reflected on a resume, mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the competence and abilities of a person.

^^^^^^^^^^
Could not agree more. The corner office with the window is often occupied with a guy from a state University gaduate not the Ivy League.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I thought the fudgepacker was on maternity leave...

does this mean he's back on the job?

Posts: 53744 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Stupid question, are white busses shorter than black ones?

Yes but bus girth has value too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all knew Buttigieg was a woke-idiot. Now he is seizing his opportunity to prove it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
We all knew Buttigieg was a woke-idiot. Now he is seizing his opportunity to prove it.
He needn't bother.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still can't process the fact, that we have a homosexual cabinet secretary, whose name is butt-gig. You really can't make this stuff up.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt" Oops, too late.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
There are some people that you know ...just know in your bones that when they open their mouth nothing of value will come out.... Pete Buttigieg is one of those people

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I grew up on Long Island, and have heard this story since I was a kid. To the point below, people in Nassau an Suffolk counties, the parts of LI that aren't part of NYC (the city boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn are on LI), are predominantly white, and have very little transit, so everyone had cars. There's less car ownership in the city, so the minorities in the city would have had to take busses.

On LI, at least when I was growing up, Moses was fairly well thought of, mainly because he essentially built the place. In the city, he was hated.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Stupid question, are white busses shorter than black ones?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's just amazing to me how the Left sees EVERY THING OUT THERE through the prism of "racism".

It must be absolutely exhausting. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
There is some truth to the whole overpass thing. Robert Moses wanted to keep the busses and people from the city from "ruining" the Long Island beaches. He was, of course, a democrat.

Moses’ construction of the crossing brides on the Northern State Parkway was further evidence of Moses’ attitude towards class distinction. According to Robert Caro, Robert Moses instructed his building engineer Sidney M Shapiro to build the overpasses so low over the Northern State Parkway that buses would not be able to pass under them.[32] Caro argued that Moses did this to discourage bus trips from the city to his new parks. According to Caro, Moses felt that if the buses were forced to use local roads, the trips would be too long and difficult to make.[33] Caro’s point is that Moses did not want the poor lower class urban population enjoying the Long Island Beaches.

https://classicnewyorkhistory....nd-he-misunderstood/

This was an accusation by a disgruntled aid. This book is the only real accusation. Moses denied the accusation, provided evidence that he followed norms etc. More recent research has demonstrated that he was likely correct. While it cannot be known whether someone was a racist, Moses appears to have been an important designer and enabled the success of the modern city, and followed all customs of city design and highway planning of the day. The claims in the book have never been corroborated in any of Moses' notes.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3650 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've driven the roads in question. You can tell they were actively designed to prevent anything bigger than a van from driving on them. It's like they went out of their way to do this.

Look at the street view image below. It does kind of look like whoever designed this didn't want larger vehicles on this road.

https://goo.gl/maps/1jerPjTgMpeZH2qv6

quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
There is some truth to the whole overpass thing. Robert Moses wanted to keep the busses and people from the city from "ruining" the Long Island beaches. He was, of course, a democrat.

Moses’ construction of the crossing brides on the Northern State Parkway was further evidence of Moses’ attitude towards class distinction. According to Robert Caro, Robert Moses instructed his building engineer Sidney M Shapiro to build the overpasses so low over the Northern State Parkway that buses would not be able to pass under them.[32] Caro argued that Moses did this to discourage bus trips from the city to his new parks. According to Caro, Moses felt that if the buses were forced to use local roads, the trips would be too long and difficult to make.[33] Caro’s point is that Moses did not want the poor lower class urban population enjoying the Long Island Beaches.

https://classicnewyorkhistory....nd-he-misunderstood/

This was an accusation by a disgruntled aid. This book is the only real accusation. Moses denied the accusation, provided evidence that he followed norms etc. More recent research has demonstrated that he was likely correct. While it cannot be known whether someone was a racist, Moses appears to have been an important designer and enabled the success of the modern city, and followed all customs of city design and highway planning of the day. The claims in the book have never been corroborated in any of Moses' notes.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Any indication how much more it would have cost to raise the overpasses?

Posts: 5879 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The Northern (State) Pkwy, Southern (State) Pkwy, Meadowbrook (State) Pkwy, Wantagh (State) Pky, etc. are ALL Parkways! By definition these roadways are are supposed to exclude commercial traffic/trucks, etc. By design they have aesthetically & architecturally pleasing overpasses which are normally of lower clearance. This is because they're primarily designed to accommodate car traffic, NOT large buses, which as everyone knows, are the size of the large commercial trucks, and again, are supposed to be excluded from their use. Trucks and Busses are supposed to travel on the Expressways dammit! Mad

This is Idiotic! Anyone that's ever driven there and has half a brain knows this is an entirely manufactured argument! ALL of the State Parkways outside of the city are designed like this! This actually includes ALL of the Parkways in NJ and CT, as well as those in Southern New York State. These people are Fucking CLOWNS, and Complete Imbeciles! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9410 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The Garden State Parkway can accommodate trucks and busses along it's entire length, I'm pretty sure. I know it can get busses down to Atlantic City.

On LI, note that while the expressway accommodate trucks, none go to the beaches. The lateral parkways (Meadowbrook, Wantagh, Sagtikos/Robert Moses) don't accommodate trucks but go to the beaches. The one lateral expressway (Seaford - Oyster Bay) that does accommodate trucks, ends before it gets down to the south shore. Someone went well out of their way to make sure large vehicles couldn't easily get to the beaches.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
The Northern (State) Pkwy, Southern (State) Pkwy, Meadowbrook (State) Pkwy, Wantagh (State) Pky, etc. are ALL Parkways! By definition these roadways are are supposed to exclude commercial traffic/trucks, etc. By design they have aesthetically & architecturally pleasing overpasses which are normally of lower clearance. This is because they're primarily designed to accommodate car traffic, NOT large buses, which as everyone knows, are the size of the large commercial trucks, and again, are supposed to be excluded from their use. Trucks and Busses are supposed to travel on the Expressways dammit! Mad

This is Idiotic! Anyone that's ever driven there and has half a brain knows this is an entirely manufactured argument! ALL of the State Parkways outside of the city are designed like this! This actually includes ALL of the Parkways in NJ and CT, as well as those in Southern New York State. These people are Fucking CLOWNS, and Complete Imbeciles! Roll Eyes