SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pete Buttigieg Says Racists Created Underpasses To Keep Black And Puerto Rican Children From Going To The Beach
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pete Buttigieg Says Racists Created Underpasses To Keep Black And Puerto Rican Children From Going To The Beach Login/Join 
posted
https://nationalfile.com/video...-going-to-the-beach/

“Can you give us the construct of how you will deconstruct the racism that was built into the roadways?" a left-wing reporter demanded.

Biden regime Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg claimed that White racists designed underpasses in New York City to only block buses that carried black and Puerto Rican children, thereby preventing minorities from going to the beach. He did not provide any evidence for this claim.

In his meandering response, Buttigieg said, “As to where we target those dollars, I’m still surprised that some people were surprised when I pointed to the fact that a highway was built for the purpose of dividing a White and a black neighborhood, or if an underpass was constructed such that a bus carrying mostly Black and Puerto Rican kids to a beach, or would’ve been, uh, in New York was designed too low for it to pass by, that that obviously reflects racism that went into those design choices. Uh, I don’t think we have anything to lose by confronting that simple reality, and i think we have everything to gain by acknowledging it and then dealing with it… “

Buttigieg did not provide any evidence for the claim that underpasses were designed by racists to prevent black and Puerto Rican children from going to the beach.

Videos at link

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Ugh! Can that administration get any more insane???

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39216 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously? I have been to NYC once in my life to see a bunch of the museums and such. Also we wanted to go to Coney Island. For all their other issues, the NYC transit subway system is actually really decent. We went from the far southern tip ( stayed a friends apartment in jersey city) to all the way top of Manhattan. Central park the Met, etc. All on subway. One day we went to Coney Island. This was about 2005 and it was like $2 one way. Spent the day at the beach and boardwalk and took the train back for $2. This lunatic has never been to NYC if he thinks you can not get to the beach easily in New York. By the way. I now have many clients that live in NY and almost all of them do not own cars. And they could all easily afford one if they wanted to. If you live in Manhattan you can get about anywhere on public transit or a cab pretty easily.

Posts: 4954 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is he saying that only Black and Puerto Rican children ride buses? Roads are built where there is a perceived need, and usually in the least expensive place and manner. I seriously doubt than any consideration was made in either of his cases to disadvantage people of color.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
There is some truth to the whole overpass thing. Robert Moses wanted to keep the busses and people from the city from "ruining" the Long Island beaches. He was, of course, a democrat.

Moses’ construction of the crossing brides on the Northern State Parkway was further evidence of Moses’ attitude towards class distinction. According to Robert Caro, Robert Moses instructed his building engineer Sidney M Shapiro to build the overpasses so low over the Northern State Parkway that buses would not be able to pass under them.[32] Caro argued that Moses did this to discourage bus trips from the city to his new parks. According to Caro, Moses felt that if the buses were forced to use local roads, the trips would be too long and difficult to make.[33] Caro’s point is that Moses did not want the poor lower class urban population enjoying the Long Island Beaches.

https://classicnewyorkhistory....nd-he-misunderstood/

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Candy ass

Posts: 5528 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Candy ass

That's what his husband said.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15484 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Stupid question, are white busses shorter than black ones?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This bridge was racist once. I cannot find another. Wink

Posts: 9402 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
There is some truth to the whole overpass thing. Robert Moses wanted to keep the busses and people from the city from "ruining" the Long Island beaches. He was, of course, a democrat.

Moses’ construction of the crossing brides on the Northern State Parkway was further evidence of Moses’ attitude towards class distinction. According to Robert Caro, Robert Moses instructed his building engineer Sidney M Shapiro to build the overpasses so low over the Northern State Parkway that buses would not be able to pass under them.[32] Caro argued that Moses did this to discourage bus trips from the city to his new parks. According to Caro, Moses felt that if the buses were forced to use local roads, the trips would be too long and difficult to make.[33] Caro’s point is that Moses did not want the poor lower class urban population enjoying the Long Island Beaches.

https://classicnewyorkhistory....nd-he-misunderstood/

Thanks for digging that up. Not surprising.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Big Grin

Picture.... Thousand words.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mayor Pete rode the short bus. He confirmed that right here. How is the supply chain Pete?

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

yOU HAD TO ASK...
https://kfiam640.iheart.com/co...-very-woke-question/

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
For a while now, I've felt like David Lynch was writing reality.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17083 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

It's what we here call "very old news".

There's a (relatively new) statue of Robert Moses in the town of Babylon and there was some public pressure in recent years to have it removed, just like everywhere else Democrats are trying to erase, deny and hide their past.

Posts: 21339 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Please don't give them a challenge.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34383 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least in New Orleans the elevated parts of the highway were built through the predominant black areas. Displacing and razing large portions of neighborhoods

they also went right buy a couple of the first “projects” in the country. Desire and D’Iverville

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6293 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
At least in New Orleans the elevated parts of the highway were built through the predominant black areas. Displacing and razing large portions of neighborhoods

They needed those high overpasses to get residents above water level during hurricanes. Also CNN gets great satellite signal up there broadcasting calls for somebody to "please help us". Just something you do when you build a city below sea level.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
For those of you who, like myself, have become completely worn out with the endless cries of "Racist!" - be comforted in the fact that this insanity probably cannot last much longer. It's just human nature; use something too much and The People will become tired of it to the point where they will no longer listen. I believe we are close to that point. Cheer up; sanity may yet prevail!...FredT

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post