SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well...our special election for U.S. House just got interesting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well...our special election for U.S. House just got interesting Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Our Republican candidate, previously a pretty sure winner, was charged with assault last night for beating up a reporter.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ter-loses-n-n2331562

Apparently the reporter got in his face and it didn't end well.

Good thing the election is today. Hopefully not a lot of folks hear about it as I can't imagine having his dope smoking hippy opponent as our Representative.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
With my attitude towards the media his assault charge against a reporter would only make me support him more. Fuck the media.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107724 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the national news this am. It seems like the media is doing everything they can to make this candidate loose.
Please let us know how it turns out because if he does win you know the national media will fall silent...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read one article that said they thought 70% had voted absentee before the incident.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
And am I to understand from the press coverage this morning that your two local dishrags pulling their endorsement (which around here would never have happened anyway) is expected to actually sway votes??

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I sincerely doubt that the endorsements make any difference whatsoever anymore. Years ago? Yes, but not these days. Newspapers only do it anymore to try to remain relevant.

This is kind of a strange deal. All witnesses report pretty much the same thing, that he just went off on the guy. It seems odd, though, that an otherwise, by all accounts, stand-up guy would do something so out of character and so, frankly, stupid.

I suspect that there is more to this story, and I definitely do not trust the account of the reporter in question. I saw him being interviewed this morning and he had that smug liberal grin on his face during the whole interview like this was done intentionally and he won. I'd have hit him too.

Bad thing is, even if we win, the liberals will be screaming for a recall because of this.

It's going to be ugly for awhile.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
It's difficult for me to understand why the demorats chose Quist. I was up close to Zinke and the hot head tech millionaire. Intense guy, very smart and not bought and paid for like the cowboy.

The local rag is part of a media group known as Lee news. Maybe Zinke has some instruction on when it's appropriate to choke the pesky media.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Montana voting is "different". Our polls opened for live voting earlier this week, not just today. Almost everyone I know voted via absentee ballot weeks ago.

I saw Gianforte speak here locally a few weeks ago, and spoke to him privately. He seems like a cool head, but apparently he snapped. Probably not smart given today's election, but Montanan's don't put up with bullhsit and people getting in your face.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He might pick up a few more votes then.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
If I was a Montana voter who was generally complacent on voting, this would cause me to get out and vote for Gianforte. More of the smug press need to have their asses handed to them, IMHO. I hope it doesn't cost him too dearly.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Saw this on the national news this am. It seems like the media is doing everything they can to make this candidate loose. . .

^^^^^Yeah, that's the truth, the long and short of it. In addition to intense national coverage of him "body slamming" the reporter, the media have been putting up a lot of positive coverage of his "cowboy democrat" opponent.

I'm hoping my Montana neighbors have the good sense to reject the "cowboy democrat", and reward the conservative candidate for giving the reporter a hard time.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Montana politics are very odd to me. I am pretty sure he will still win the election today. He is just another Carpetbagger.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Heck I'm surprised he didn't hog tie the reporter and drag his ass off behind a horse a whippin and a whuppin, hoot'n and a holler'n probably triple his vote count!

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Heck I'm surprised he didn't hog tie the reporter and drag his ass off behind a horse a whippin and a whuppin, hoot'n and a holler'n probably triple his vote count!

He is from New Jersey. I am surprised he didn't have one of his 'Guys' take of it.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Just another small skirmish in the Left's war on conservatives.

Keep fighting the good fight.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20325 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A little backstory -- the Guardian reported earlier that Gianforte made a quarter-million dollar investment in a Russian fund in violation of U.S. sanctions. That's probably why Gianforte snapped.
I live here and I can't call it -- as much as 70 percent of people have already cast their ballots before this happened. We'll find out tonight.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Montana politics are very odd to me. I am pretty sure he will still win the election today. He is just another Carpetbagger.

You and me both.

Quist is an idiot. He IS a perfect political Candidate though. As he does have previous experience in failure to pay taxes as well as for services rendered.

Gianforte IS from New Jersey. And is also a self made millionaire, who has helped many others to start viable businesses, etc. He has given back.
But gasp! He's from NEW JERSEY...thirty plus years back. Kiss of death out here.

The locals would rather vote for an idiot who has accomplished very little, NEVER run a business, NEVER held any other political seat or a position of responsibility. Over a successful man...because he wasn't BORN here.

Knowing the leftist "Guardian" and their liberal reporting...this whole incident is very suspect in my opinion.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fox witness recants

http://vesselnews.io/montana-a...admits-no-neck-grab/

Edmund Kozak | Lifezette

A reporter who was a first-hand witness to an incident late Wednesday involving Montana GOP candidate Greg Gianforte and a reporter for The Guardian now admits she embellished some details of her story.

Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs claimed Gianforte, locked in a hotly contested special election for Congress, body slammed him and broke his glasses at a campaign event. Local authorities have brough misdemeanor assault charges against Pianoforte.

Among the small handful of eye witnesses was Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna.

Acuna wrote a report published on Fox News that detailed what happened as Jacobs aggressively questioned Gianforte.

“At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him,” she wrote, “Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Acuna’s report quickly went viral online, but she admitted Thursday during an interview on “The Laura Ingraham Show” she may have embellished the neck grab.

“One of you guys said last night that he put his hands around his neck,” Ingraham said. “Which, as somebody who’s done a lot of taekwondo and self defense, to me that seemed, that might not be exactly right.”

“You know, and I’m the one who said that,” Acuna replied, “I saw both his hands go up, not around his neck in a strangling type of way, but more just on each side of his neck, just grabbed him and I guess it could’ve been on his clothes, I don’t know.”

Read more

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post