SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well...our special election for U.S. House just got interesting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well...our special election for U.S. House just got interesting Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Gianforte IS from New Jersey. And is also a self made millionaire, who has helped many others to start viable businesses, etc. He has given back.
But gasp! He's from NEW JERSEY...thirty plus years back. Kiss of death out here.

Being from Jersey means absolutely jack. If anything, it probably makes him appreciate even more and not take for granted the freedoms that the West offers compared to a state like NJ.

That's the problem with people who live their whole lives in one place. They never consider that somewhere else in the world might have something to offer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Fox witness recants

http://vesselnews.io/montana-a...admits-no-neck-grab/

Edmund Kozak | Lifezette

A reporter who was a first-hand witness to an incident late Wednesday involving Montana GOP candidate Greg Gianforte and a reporter for The Guardian now admits she embellished some details of her story.

Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs claimed Gianforte, locked in a hotly contested special election for Congress, body slammed him and broke his glasses at a campaign event. Local authorities have brough misdemeanor assault charges against Pianoforte.

Among the small handful of eye witnesses was Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna.

Acuna wrote a report published on Fox News that detailed what happened as Jacobs aggressively questioned Gianforte.

“At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him,” she wrote, “Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Acuna’s report quickly went viral online, but she admitted Thursday during an interview on “The Laura Ingraham Show” she may have embellished the neck grab.

“One of you guys said last night that he put his hands around his neck,” Ingraham said. “Which, as somebody who’s done a lot of taekwondo and self defense, to me that seemed, that might not be exactly right.”

“You know, and I’m the one who said that,” Acuna replied, “I saw both his hands go up, not around his neck in a strangling type of way, but more just on each side of his neck, just grabbed him and I guess it could’ve been on his clothes, I don’t know.”

Read more

Is this fake news? An attempt to influence an election?

Or just a clear indication that journalists have no interest in truth or facts, just shock value, drama, and spin.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38002 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Gianforte IS from New Jersey. And is also a self made millionaire, who has helped many others to start viable businesses, etc. He has given back.
But gasp! He's from NEW JERSEY...thirty plus years back. Kiss of death out here.

Being from Jersey means absolutely jack.

Not here it doesn't. As a rule we don't much care for out-of-staters.

To the natives it's a big deal. A big deal that can be overcome. Gianforte has paid his dues, is a self-made millionaire who, as FN has stated, has helped many along the way and given back over and over again. The only people making his roots in NJ a big deal now are the liberals (many of whom also came from out of state), hoping that that and the "star power" of our homegrown musician will push him over the top.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about this today. As much as people hate the media today, this might not have much effect on the election. I spent a couple weeks out in Montana last summer, and the folks I met there seem to have a very good grasp of right and wrong, and a very low tolerance for media nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's lore but doesn't this appeal to rugged, independent, Western voters:

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
quote:

I should say it shouldn't mean jack after so long. Obviously it does matter. Admittedly, I tend to lay a suspicious eye on anyone new moving into Utah from out of state

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
quote:

I should say it shouldn't mean jack after so long. Obviously it does matter. Admittedly, I tend to lay a suspicious eye on anyone new moving into Utah from out of state
Has Utah accepted you yet?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Has Utah accepted you yet?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure most of the Park City folk don't much care for my politics...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Montana politics are very odd to me. I am pretty sure he will still win the election today. He is just another Carpetbagger.

You and me both.

Quist is an idiot. He IS a perfect political Candidate though. As he does have previous experience in failure to pay taxes as well as for services rendered.

The locals would rather vote for an idiot who has accomplished very little, NEVER run a business, NEVER held any other political seat or a position of responsibility. Over a successful man...because he wasn't BORN here.

Knowing the leftist "Guardian" and their liberal reporting...this whole incident is very suspect in my opinion.

No kidding!! This election has been a fun one to watch. This is just the icing on the cake!

Many Montana natives have a strong dislike of out of state people who have moved to Western Montana and tried to make it like the liberal states they moved from. Bozeman is a rather interesting city that I like to visit but would never live in. I live in Eastern Montana is it is like a separate and very different state in some ways. I don't care for Quist or Gianfote. Both are Clowns in my book.

Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Montana politics are very odd to me. I am pretty sure he will still win the election today. He is just another Carpetbagger.

You and me both.

Quist is an idiot. He IS a perfect political Candidate though. As he does have previous experience in failure to pay taxes as well as for services rendered.

The locals would rather vote for an idiot who has accomplished very little, NEVER run a business, NEVER held any other political seat or a position of responsibility. Over a successful man...because he wasn't BORN here.

Knowing the leftist "Guardian" and their liberal reporting...this whole incident is very suspect in my opinion.

No kidding!! This election has been a fun one to watch. This is just the icing on the cake!

Many Montana natives have a strong dislike of out of state people who have moved to Western Montana and tried to make it like the liberal states they moved from. Bozeman is a rather interesting city that I like to visit but would never live in. I live in Eastern Montana is it is like a separate and very different state in some ways. I don't care for Quist or Gianfote. Both are Clowns in my book.

But apparently our clown can beat up their clown!

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Body slamming a reporter? Hell, he has my vote! Too bad I don't live in Montana

Posts: 731 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
Body slamming a reporter? Hell, he has my vote! Too bad I don't live in Montana
Funny you should post that. One of my college buddies lives in Montana, and just posted this article: Montana Voters Are Supportive Of Congressional Candidate Body Slamming A Reporter

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia says the guy was born in CA, went to school and graduated high school in King of Prussia, PA, and went to college in NJ. How is he from NJ?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Wikipedia says the guy was born in CA, went to school and graduated high school in King of Prussia, PA, and went to college in NJ. How is he from NJ?

That's what the MT media has been spouting since before the November elections, when he ran for Governor. It must be true or Gianforte would have certainly corrected it by now.

Wikipedia HAS been wrong before.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Even do, if he has trouble with one reporter, how will he be able to function under more demanding scrutiny, the crucible of DC?

Reporters can be, often are, overly aggressive assholes, or at least act like one, hard to take in polite society.

Like Socks once said, "the mice in Little Rock ain't nothing compared to the rats in DC!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's what the MT media has been spouting since before the November elections, when he ran for Governor. It must be true or Gianforte would have certainly corrected it by now.

You are right about Wikipedia.

It looks like he made his money in NJ, after graduating from college in Hoboken, and starting at Bell Labs. Since NJ was the last place he lived, he is considered from NJ. Like if he were to move now to Idaho, he would be from MT. I get it.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Even do, if he has trouble with one reporter, how will he be able to function under more demanding scrutiny, the crucible of DC?

Reporters can be, often are, overly aggressive assholes, or at least act like one, hard to take in polite society.

Like Socks once said, "the mice in Little Rock ain't nothing compared to the rats in DC!"
Maybe smart DC reporters will take notice and not push him too far?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
But apparently our clown can beat up their clown![/QUOTE]

Big Grin

HA!!

Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I dunno, he may figure that he'd be hated more as a Californian than as a Jersey Boy so it made more sense to just keep quiet...

Posts: 6924 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Well, the Rock did say this week he was running in 2020, so maybe this guy is just training for his shot at the belt?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post