SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is still driving a carbureted engine and, what does it feed?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is still driving a carbureted engine and, what does it feed? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
1964 Porsche 356C with twin Webers. Originally Solex.
This would be nice to see a pic of. This is a 4 cylinder car correct?

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
furlough, that has got to be the nicest 442 I've ever seen. My Grand Father owned a 1970 Cutlass in a similar gold color. That Olds had the Rocket 350 and he rolled along pretty fast for a old timer.

Thanks! I love taking it out - it brings smiles to everyone’s faces.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jrlmnop:

Blazer is a straight 6 cyl 250
Pontiac is a 389 4speed
While your Pontiac is a beautiful car, that Blazer is just a heart throb. The 6 cylinder should live forever. I am not perfect at this but I think that is 1970? I came close to owning a later year K5 which was government surplus in wood land camo.

Close. It's a 69. I enjoy driving it more than the Pontiac. My first car was a 68 chevy truck but I always wanted a Blazer.

Posts: 149 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Last was with a Holly 780 Double Pumper that gave single digit gas mileage!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
750 Holley Double Pumper on 383 powered Roadrunner. 10.25:1 compression, hi-lift cam and 3k stall converter. Though I am considering the Holley Sniper EFI conversion.
I remember your Road Runner. I had one Chrysler with the 383 and, was privaliged to drive a friends Super Bee with the 383 and 4 speed. Funny, as I looked it up this morning, my aforementioned ThermoQuad, which I screwed thoroughly, was rated at 850 cfm. The replacement price back around 1983 was over $400.00. The Holley and adaptor plate didn't cost anywhere near that.

Thanks David. Yea, the old girl is still around. It gets maybe 1/10 of my attention since I added a 6 speed Challenger Hellcat a few yrs. back.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
And it sports a super nice white interior. Beautiful car right there. All the new Challengers are awsome.

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post