SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you talk to yourself?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you talk to yourself? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sure, started as a young lawyer and I would practice my opening statement and closing argument in most of the cases I tried. Now that I'm older, okay, old, I talk to myself all the time. I also talk to my dog.

In my SUV, I sometimes talk to myself and sometimes I pray aloud while driving.

Of course I sing aloud when driving, too. And in the shower.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I don't need to talk to myself, I have a wife for that.

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mostly swear words.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes. Since it is a living organism, I also talk to our container of sour dough starter. It's name is Pat since it doesn't have any identifying pronouns that we know of.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I say "OUCH!" quite often.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most definitely!! Frequently I will say "who the shit did that?"......and then look around to see that I am there alone. I have been known to talk to the TV and the computer.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Only when upset with myself.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Of course not! Only crazy people talk to themselves.

I talk to my dogs, like a normal person.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Worse thing is saying "Say what?" after I mutter something to myself. Wink

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, me too.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I think of it as sometimes I think out loud as opposed to talking to myself.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I often sat to self "I gotta pee"

Then there is the occasional curse.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It usually goes like…

“Well, I haven’t been tat dumb in awhile.”
“Yes, you have.”
“Since when?”
“Yesterday.”
“Da hell are you talki… oh, yeah, yep, you’re right.”

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I used to but then we got in an argument while in a public.

I’m still mad about it and haven’t talked to "him" since.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give myself a good cussing out when I do something stupid or make a mistake.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I talk to myself especially if I'm working through a problem like Excel.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
All the time. Most people I believe have an inside voice and an outside one. Both of mine are outside, but one has significantly higher gain in the volume department.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Yes. When I'm figuring something out. And to avoid getting into a losing argument with SWMBO.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was told a long time ago that it’s ok to talk to yourself. That’s it’s even ok to talk to, and then answer yourself back. It’s probably bad if you talk to yourself, answer back, and then go, “Huh?!?”

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post