SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you talk to yourself?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you talk to yourself? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hell yes. It's the best way I know to work out language and process.

Also, it's one of the few places where I always get an intelligent conversation, and the ending goes my way.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Moreso on the tennis court and then that's laced with MANY colorful metaphors.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I often explain what I’m doing to myself while alone. It helps me to not get distracted or else I’d never finish anything.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very frequently! Sometimes I even ask myself (aloud) who I’m talking to…

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah, we aren't on speaking terms with self since the last argument we got into.

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, but I have to keep those voices in my head occupied

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone who has never talked to themselves likely has never found themselves contorted into a tight engine compartment and watched their loose socket pin ball off many steel components on its way to the gravel driveway below.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If swearing counts, then yeah.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Yes, but mostly I sing or hum to myself and occasionally grumble or growl. My wife, however, talks to herself all. the. time.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
We always talk to each other.

ALL OUR THOUGHT ARE BELONG TO US

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yes, sometimes I need an expert's opinion Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Whenever I'm working on something that requires figuring something out.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Ya, I have to occasionally remind myself of what a clumsy, moronic dumbass I am.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Yes! But, at my age, my hearing is going, so I never hear it! LOL

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I always do. I'll tell people out loud what I really think of them but because we are civilized I could never really say. Gets it out of my system. It's healthy. Besides it's the only way I can say things without being interrupted by my wife.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I yell at the TV, talk to my cats, and sometimes talk to myself. Mostly my self-talk is running over some line of thought I'm having, trying to make it more lucid. Since I live alone, only my cats can hear me, and they don't talk back.

No profanity is ever uttered in any of those speeches.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I occasionally teach classes and frequently will talk out loud as if talking to the students. It helps structure and organize my thoughts for given topics and helps with time management.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I talk to myself a lot! Sometimes it worries me a bit because if I ever get into a relationship again (do I really want to???), I'll have to be careful not to sound crazy.

Thankfully I know better not to talk to myself when with other people. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Do I talk to myself?

Hmmm, hold on a second, I'll just check.

Yup, it seems I do.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post