SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you talk to yourself?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you talk to yourself? Login/Join 
posted
Now that I live alone and my insomnia is coming back,
I sometimes do. But hey, at least I don't answer myself! Big Grin

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mainly talk to my cat. He is a good listener, but not much for conversation.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I tend to mouth the words silently but never actually speak out loud.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I tend to mouth the words silently but never actually speak out loud.

Pretty much the same with me, I'm just not used to being alone.

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It's ok to talk to yourself.

But just don't argue with yourself.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It's ok to talk to yourself.

But just don't argue with yourself.

Arguing with yourself is ok. The problem comes when you argue with yourself and lose Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We used to make fun of Dad. He'd jabber away in the shower. Well, guess what?... Wink

I think it's a way of thinking through things. It's definitely thinking out loud. It's not particularly intentional. More a habit.

Really, who doesn't say "shit" out loud when the alarm goes off? I don't, because never make it to the alarm, but I would were I given the chance.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Of course I do. It's the best way to guarantee intelligent conversation.

Top four conversation starters:

Ouch!

Shit!

Dumbass!

Well, that didn't turn out quite the way I'd hoped...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

I think it's a way of thinking through things. It's definitely thinking out loud. It's not particularly intentional. More a habit.

I do it at work everyday. It doesn't help that I'm usually doing about 3 things at once so I talk to myself ALOT.
People have got used to it. New people ask.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Out loud? No. In my head? Constantly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasion that I feel I need wise advice. Sure! Usually something like "Dumbazz, how did you think that was going to turn out?"

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 83 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I talk to myself quite often. I seldom listen.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It depends. If I walk into a room and can't remember why...I will say..."What did you come in here for" I do that all the time it seems. But, I don't have conversations with myself.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
And yes, it often starts with "Dumass". lol I'm certainly not doing Self Affirmation ala Stewart Smalley.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
When I get irritated, especially at work, yes. It usually starts off with “you’ve got to be fucking kidding me?”

There are other times where now that I think about it, I’ll basically replay a stupid scenario, out loud. So I may be reiterating what multiple people said.

If I set down my glasses, I’ll say something like “your glasses are on the pallet of Anasazi beans”. I’ll repeat this five times out loud. I always know where I set down my glasses.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We plead the 5th

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Of course I do. I drive for a living.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent most of my working career by myself. Lately the majority of each day alone. I do occasionally voice my thoughts, but mostly I have one saying I use on myself and others.
“I/you are the dumbest mother fucker I know”!
Not said mean to others, and usually gets agreements whether I or one of my comrades had a brain fart.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When golfing it's a frequent occurrence.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post