SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gosh, I love Winter...Not.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gosh, I love Winter...Not. Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

I remember when it would get cold, then snow, then it would be cold and there would be snow on the ground for a couple of months, then there'd be a thaw, then Spring would arrive.

Now? It'll get cold, then up into the 40s, then the temp will drop and we'll get a couple of inches of snow, then it'll warm up and melt, then get cold again and maybe get some more snow, then warm up again, then a deep freeze, etc., etc. It's really freaking annoying.

My poor magnolia tree thought it was spring last year and started to bloom...then BOOOM winter again with temps in the teens. Every bloom turned black and the tree looked like shit for months. Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Today's a good example. It was snowing last night when I turned in; there was about an inch of snow on the ground.

This morning, it was 40 degrees and all the snow had melted. But, the temperature's supposed to drop down into the single digits over night. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Winter is no longer "fun". I used to enjoy the snow. Not much at all as I age. Falling and slipping is not my idea of fun. If it would just rain and leave the snow at elevations above 8000 feet it'd be great. Warmer climates are looking more attractive. The idea of moving again, not so much. Getting older sucks too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 degrees here in NH this morning.

Supposed to be in high 50's tomorrow.

Very typical for New England.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I do love winter. Been pretty long but have had some nice winter weather for a couple weeks. Snowing now. I do love it. Hate summer. Seeing that thermometer at 85 degrees made me cringe. Pellet stove in the house. Woodstove in the shop. Oh, how I love it. The ice has been bad this year. But that is why God made sand Wink I am hoping for 4-5 more months of winter. Than a couple months of summer. Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The only thing I like about winter is spring.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post