SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate heat and humidity
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate heat and humidity Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:

My wife is from the Philippines, this is normal to her.
I lived in Puerto Rico for a few years in the 1960s. No AC in the rented house. Usually a nice breeze, but if it was really, REALLY, hot in the evening we would go to a movie. Any movie. They were air conditioned.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Light at the end of the tunnel. Just got a message from the AC company. The replacement part is now available. Trying to schedule the installation for today.

If it can't be done today, I will run some errands at air conditioned stores, traveling in my air conditioned car.

Inside temp was 82° at 7:00 am.
UPDATE: Tech is now scheduled to arrive between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. They must get their watches from the same supplier as the cable company guys.

'NOTHER UPDATE: Tech arrived at 10:25 (35 minutes ahead of schedule!). He has removed the defective evaporator, unpacked the replacement part, and is now in the process of transferring some fittings from the old unit to the new one. He expects the house to be cool by early afternoon.

Glad you have some respite on the way.
If your part of FL is anything like the Pensacola area, at least it's not as hot as it could be (Houston), though it's only 85* today.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Every summer I think about how miserable it must have been to live before air conditioning.

I was raised in a hundred-ish year old farmhouse in the 50's and 60's. A/C wasn't even a remote consideration. Wasn't a lot of money spent on insulation or windows either.

Miserable, oppressive, stagnant heat in the Summer and frost on the inside of the windows in the Winter.

Good Old Days my wrinkled old ass...

grandparents house when I was a kid,

built in 1835,
big ole place out in the middle of knowwhere,

wood stove, in the main room
oil stove in the grandparents bedroom, and bathroom (bath and kitchen added in the 20's)

windows up 24/7 unless it was raining sideways in the summer,

I remember it was a big deal one year, they got a couple of fans for the dairy barn, the big 4 foot ones, and one got put in the upstairs hallway, blowing out a door,

so the house was relatively cool a couple hours after the sun went down

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CW3Z3NbAy65AYL7q6

I love heat and humidity! Keeps me in bananas and pineapples Smile

You ain’t right Wink Big Grin Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail: Wife is away, visiting the kids and attending H.S. class reunion, so I am the designated cat sitter.

Is that the cat that was sorta sketchy given you the eye from the closet (I faintly remember something like that) when y’all took it in as cat parents?…God bless you for being there my brother Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail: Wife is away, visiting the kids and attending H.S. class reunion, so I am the designated cat sitter.
Is that the cat that was sorta sketchy given you the eye from the closet (I faintly remember something like that) when y’all took it in as cat parents?
Yes, that is the cat that paragon (who has not posted here for five years) sent to live in our house. Cat hid in the closet for a month and a half, venturing out only for food, water, and litter box.

She slowly came around, and now is aggressively friendly, pulling on my arm with her paw if she wants attention, and trying to trip me at every opportunity, walking around my feet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post