SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate heat and humidity
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate heat and humidity Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
And we're blessed with an abundance of both...for Maine.

Looking like more of the same the next several days.

I think I'll pull a Biden - hide out in the basement where it's nice and cool and work on my models.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I went to Orlando on business in June of 2003 on business, then went to see the Mouse for a few days.

95 degrees, 92% relative humidity.

Sitting under an umbrella in an outdoor bar drinking a beer with sweat pouring off of me.

Thought I was gonna die.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If you gotta be out in it, commit because you know what's coming. That and hope for a breeze. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It’s ridiculous here in SE Tennessee…plus I don’t handle the heat like I did when I was a younger human being (I ain’t reached lizard stage yet!)…cutting short the mowing, hedge trimming and even walking the dog till in the early morning…I’m getting effing old Frown (Forget the St. George Florida vacation till October Frown Frown Frown…it’s just reality)

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Hell I thought Maine was cold in Winter and cool in Summer?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been in the mid 90's with high humidity . I waited until nearly dark to do some weedeating yesterday .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heat and humidity 8-9 months out of the year around my AO.

Posts: 489 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
All these Californians that moved to Texas, ha ha. It’s been like 106 and humid for weeks. Enjoy it suckers! You sumbitches drove up the property tax and increase traffic. Suck it!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Haha - that's one of my hesitations. I don't mind heat. But I hate heat and humidity. And bonus points for mosquitoes or those bugs that just swarm overhead. Don't have to deal w/ that where I am.

I hated summers in new york (a little upstate and rural). Of all the bad things out here, the weather is not one of them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have much more trouble getting around and working in the cold than I do in the heat. Pretty sure my age has something to do with that.

This has been a hot summer here in Missouri. Our forecast for the next seven days is triple digits throughout. I'm not crazy about that but I can still get out in the early AM and get a few hours of work done. Our winters are short but can be brutal. I'm pretty much stuck inside.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Florida! Here's your warm, wet wool blanket.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I grew up with it so it's not a big deal to me but it does get nasty hot and humid here in Southeastern PA from July-September. Today is supposed to be mid-90's and humidity levels in the 80% levels. Yuck. Frown

When I was stationed in Germany I got spoiled by low humidity and temps in the summer (apparently not the case anymore!) and remember coming home on leave one summer in July and I ended up landing at Washington DC trying to get to Philly and I stepped out of the terminal and the heat and humidity almost took my breath away for a second.

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m in Phoenix this week for work and had to be outside in a gravel pit all day yesterday.

It SUCKED. I think I drank 5 gallons of water and sweat it all right back out.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I went to Orlando on business in June of 2003 on business,

I was stationed in Orlando for several months. I remember just stepping out of the shower and immediately starting to sweat.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had to report to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS for tech school re-training while in the Air National Guard from July-Nov 2006 and as soon as I got there I felt like this guy, also at Biloxi:

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate it too. I'm happiest in the Winter time.
Another month and a half and it should start cooling down here.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajensen
posted Hide Post
Late last year I relocated from Sunny and Hot AZ to Sunny and Humid South Carolina. I had plenty of people warn me about the humidity and have experienced it in the past but it is a whole different beast living in it day in and day out. But I will say that I'll take 50 to 70 percent humidity on a 90 degree day that 10 percent on a 120 degree day. Being retired gives me the option of just not going outside but I find myself going on early morning walks and errands in the AM.

Posts: 26 | Location: Retired in SC | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had to report to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS for tech school re-training while in the Air National Guard from July-Nov 2006 and as soon as I got there I felt like this guy, also at Biloxi:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WWuEBcBRkEM" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I went from Great Lakes to the shipyard in Portsmouth, VA for crypto school in the Summer of '70. Uniform of the day was Working Whites. I could take a freshly laundered and starched set of whites out of the locker - starched so stiff you had to ram your arm down the legs of the bell bottoms to get them on - and by the time I'd walked a hundred yards from the barracks on my way to school they'd look like I'd been swimming in them.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CW3Z3NbAy65AYL7q6

I love heat and humidity! Keeps me in bananas and pineapples Smile

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I tolerate it, unless I actually have to perform physical labor in it. Unfortunately, I do.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post