SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Loved ones you cant be around
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loved ones you cant be around Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My mother, shes my mom, what can you say, I love her but god damn we cannot be together for over an hour without it getting ugly. We live in seeprate states, so we dont see each other much.

I know she wont be around forever, so I try and tip toe around her but jesus she pissed me off tonight. I feel bad after we have an argument, but she crosses lines that shouldt be crossed and then will never apologize.

Just needed to vent for a minute.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get it.
I have 2 younger brothers and the one 2 years younger than me is difficult to be around also.
Nothing physical but we've had some verbal sparring matches.
You can pick and choose your friends but not your family.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister. She recently texted me and my brother that Mom had died. I checked with the nursing home and found out that wasn't true. Very cold bitch.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My late mother was like that.

You could only take her in small doses and anything past that would get ugly.

My Dad divorced her in 1979 when I was 6 and remarried so I grew up with a stepmother raising me but still had contact with her. She passed away in 2016 too early because she never took care of her health Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I have a younger brother who received attention from the local democrat committee, he's been a blazing lib ever since. At family gatherings he went out of his way to get a rise out of me. I would do my best to be in a different room.

When my mom died in 2009, haven't seen him since. Don't miss him either.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My brother--two years younger than I. We're estranged.

Could not be around him without him constantly making jabs at me, criticizing something, being insulting. You name it. Borrowed stuff and never returned it. After our mother passed twenty years ago I took it one last time and that was it.

I sometimes think maybe I should reach out, then remember why we're estranged. Nope.

The one couple with which we shared contact can't even tell me what's going on with him, anymore, because he did the husband, one of his best friends, wrong multiple times so he won't have anything to do with my brother, anymore, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My mother, shes my mom, what can you say, I love her but god damn we cannot be together for over an hour without it getting ugly. We live in seeprate states, so we dont see each other much.

I know she wont be around forever, so I try and tip toe around her but jesus she pissed me off tonight. I feel bad after we have an argument, but she crosses lines that shouldt be crossed and then will never apologize.

My mother is the exact same way and always the victim.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I was great with both my parents, but my older brother was the one I couldn't stand.

He's 20 months older, but a flaming liberal and, according to him, an "abused child."

Interestingly enough, what I saw wasn't an abused child, it was a spoiled rotten child who started running cons on my parents to get what he wanted.

I haven't talked to him in 6 or 7 years and probably won't again as he's deep into Alzheimers and doesn't really know who anyone is any more.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
You can pick your friends - not your relatives. Too bad.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My little brother. Raging lib. He at age 50 still can’t figure out what the common denominator is in all of his problems.
Someone sprayed a swastika on his car-
Fired from every job he’s ever had
Moved to LA-because they have the best welfare system in the nation
Gets thrown out of his federal subsidized house because he calls the city inspectors for a bad outlet in the bathroom
He can’t go to his doctor anymore because he’s suing the doctor for something the doc said online
It goes on and on and on..

No one I know has a lawyer on call, but he does.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This right here! I feel guilty I never call her and when I do hear from her it’s a guilt trip. Her and my older brother are like they’re married. Very strange relationship. He’s served time in prison in our state and Florida. I’m a cop. He is eight years older and is a victim too but you talk to him and he is a martyr.

Mom always has negative and hateful things to say to me, my wife and kids. She’s very negative and ALWAYS a victim. I finally got tired of it and rarely talk to her. I haven’t talked to my brother in almost a year.

quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

My mother is the exact same way and always the victim.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
My Mother too. She lived ninety-four years and spent at least some part of EVERY DAY making someone miserable.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

My sister. She recently texted me and my brother that Mom had died. I checked with the nursing home and found out that wasn't true. Very cold bitch.
Eek

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was the oldest of eight children. Alcoholic parents, bad marriages, arguing since early childhood, I finally broke contact with them all nearly 40 years ago. I miss a couple of them, but it ain't worth the trouble now.

Fuck 'em.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once hauled my brother to jail. We stopped for a McDs cheeseburger on the way. It was his last one for about 2 years.
My family put the fun in dysfunctional!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My crackhead sister once disowned me because I wouldn't give her $50. Unfortunately, she forgot. She does everything she can to make mom miserable. Mom has custody of her kids due to the drugs.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Same with my mom. She took off when I was a kid abandoning my dad, brother and I. We talk now but she always seems to want to fight about stupid stuff. It’s strange. I just rarely talk to her.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Damn, fellas

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Have not spoken to my father in over a decade. My great Grandfather was an SS Officer, died in the war, apparently apples of apples don't fall far from the tree. My grandfather passed on that side and the world is a much better place without him.

I have very limited contact with my mother. She lies, cheats, and steals, stole money from my own grandmother on that side. I went a year without talking to her but we recently started saying hi to each other from time to time.

They say blood is thicker than water, but I can't survive off that shit. I'll cut anyone loose in 2 seconds. I ain't got the time for bullshit.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've posted about it a few times here these last few years, but my father and I don't speak anymore. I called him twice about a month ago trying to get him help with quitting drinking. It was the first time I spoke to him in six years, and I won't be calling again. When he finally drinks himself to death, I won't be there for his funeral, if there even is one. My sister won't have anything to do with him, and we don't talk much because she was Daddy's little girl and got me in dire physical trouble with him a few times growing up just because she knew how to push his buttons. Talking to her is a lot like talking to him, and little bit of that goes an awful long way. My mother is on her way out of the marriage and home, finally. Just an absolutely toxic situation.

When family makes you feel worse than anyone who's ever treated you like absolute shit, they simply aren't family. "Found family is the truest" is something I heard today. It's not wrong in my case.

quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
They say blood is thicker than water, but I can't survive off that shit. I'll cut anyone loose in 2 seconds. I ain't got the time for bullshit.

That's damned right. Life is too short and too precious to be sucking shit off people who feel entitled to give it to you because you're related. Fuuuuuck that.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post