SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Two months ago, I rescued this little girl from a woodpile in our yard. Barely 4 weeks old according to our vet.

Now, she's settled right in to the household

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Excellent stripes!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Latest photo of my newest baby adopted back in January... Ella Bean. Getting in a little lap time with daddy while watching NetFlix.

Edit to add: She is another one of those "rescue cats" as we got her from the local pound last January 2nd after she was brought in during the holidays as a stray. It is NOT a "no kill" shelter, so not sure how long she would have had if we left her...

I'm not a cat person and maybe it's just the way the pic is taken but I have to say that Ella looks like a dang panther sitting on your lap. Looks like a big kitty.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Steve, adorable. You'll have yourself one pretty little girl, probably will have a little wild streak.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
More cat pics please! Trump thread is killing cats on replies and is about to surpass cats in views!

So where's some Black or Grey?

GF has some good ones on her phone, I'll post a couple soon. Here's Black being his weird self yesterday morning.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
Now, she's settled right in to the household

Goodness, what a face on that one Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Anyone in FL want a 6 year old black female? A cat, I mean. Spayed, playful, affectionate....territorial with other cats...even her siblings and mother. Likes attention.

House is too small for separation, and feliway has not worked. I refuse to make her an outside cat....at least in my neighborhood. Not sure how she would do as a barn cat....though she might have a chance to audition.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Paragon --

You have mail.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
quote:
Latest photo of my newest baby adopted back in January... Ella Bean. Getting in a little lap time with daddy while watching NetFlix.

Edit to add: She is another one of those "rescue cats" as we got her from the local pound last January 2nd after she was brought in during the holidays as a stray. It is NOT a "no kill" shelter, so not sure how long she would have had if we left her...

I'm not a cat person and maybe it's just the way the pic is taken but I have to say that Ella looks like a dang panther sitting on your lap. Looks like a big kitty.

She's actually quite small... one of the smallest cats I've ever had at around 9 lbs. Getting pretty chubby, and I'm sure the angle of the photo and wide angle shot accentuates her chubby backside, but I assure you she is a very small kitty!

And yes, we do often call her our little panther, especially when she is slinking around the house hunting and playing with her big 20 lb. "big brother" (not related). I wake up most mornings with a stuffed mouse and a stuffed ram in bed with me as the "morning kill"! Big Grin

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Paragon --

You have mail.

Not seeing it....

NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
Anyone in FL want a 6 year old black female? A cat, I mean. Spayed, playful, affectionate....territorial with other cats...even her siblings and mother. Likes attention.

House is too small for separation, and feliway has not worked. I refuse to make her an outside cat....at least in my neighborhood. Not sure how she would do as a barn cat....though she might have a chance to audition.
Paragon's Shadow came home with me this afternoon. I unzipped the transporter, Shadow was out in a flash, and has not been seen since. She's hiding someplace.

I left a bowl of food and some fresh water out for her, so I guess we'll be seeing her sooner or later.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Words fall too short to express what a good deed you've done V-Tail, God bless you..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Words fall too short to express what a good deed you've done V-Tail, God bless you..
I have never been a "cat guy," dogs have always been my choice, but our Pippi had her fatal stroke two months ago today, and I thought that since Shadow needed a new home, why not give it a try.

My wife is a cat lover, and she's fretting because she saw Shadow for about six and a half seconds before the cat streaked out of sight.

Paragon warned me that Shadow is shy with new people; I know that she (Shadow, not Paragon) is hiding someplace in the house, and she will come out when she's ready. Or hungry. Whichever comes first.

I'll leave some lights on in the house tonight in case she decides to come out and explore, so hopefully she'll find her food and water bowls and her pooping pan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So V-Tail, when you going to post up some pictures of your new friend? Hopefully she comes out to explore soon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Gray, being gray this morning Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
So V-Tail, when you going to post up some pictures of your new friend? Hopefully she comes out to explore soon.
She's camera-shy right now. In fact, she seems to be everything-shy.

My wife finally found her. She's in the far corner of the master bedroom closet, where she has barricaded herself in. No hostages taken. Yet.

My wife offered a piece of cat food. No joy.

My wife then dipped her finger in the gravy left from the meatloaf that we had for dinner, and offered that to the cat. No joy.

Shadow, true to her name, is hunkered down in her bunker, staring out, but not moving.

As I said before, I have never been a cat guy, and other than a short briefing by Paragon, I know nothing about them, but I'm pretty sure that the correct thing to do here is to leave food and water available, and just not pay any attention to the cat. My thought is that once she perceives that nobody in this house is a threat to her, she will come out and when she's ready, she will participate as a member of the family.

I could be wrong. I did not get the User Guide with her.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My wife finally found her. She's in the far corner of the master bedroom closet, where she has barricaded herself in. No hostages taken. Yet.

My wife then dipped her finger in the gravy left from the meatloaf that we had for dinner, and offered that to the cat. No joy.

Shadow, true to her name, is hunkered down in her bunker, staring out, but not moving.

As I said before, I have never been a cat guy, and other than a short briefing by Paragon, I know nothing about them, but I'm pretty sure that the correct thing to do here is to leave food and water available, and just not pay any attention to the cat. My thought is that once she perceives that nobody in this house is a threat to her, she will come out and when she's ready, she will participate as a member of the family.

I'm no expert, but I learned on the fly with the little guys I got last summer. Also sans user guide.

Personally I would keep her in a smaller area with litter, food, and water, just so you know she can find it. If possible in the same room or adjacent room as you so she hears you're voices and gets used to you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm no expert, but I learned on the fly with the little guys I got last summer. Also sans user guide.

Personally I would keep her in a smaller area with litter, food, and water, just so you know she can find it. If possible in the same room or adjacent room as you so she hears you're voices and gets used to you.

See? See? That is what I told him! Wink

If you want to know what she looks like, just take a look at what Ella Bean looks like on the previous page. That's what she looks like: all black, with a few white hairs on her chest and maybe on her stomach.

NRA Range Safety Officer

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Will try to post up more pics of what your cat looks like this afternoon, V-tail.... Big Grin

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will try to post up more pics of what your cat looks like this afternoon, V-tail.... Big Grin

No worries, I got you covered bronicabill

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis