SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Most animals are just so photogenic, and I see those two offering up many photoshoot opportunities in your future Sigmonkey Wink I know I'll be on the look out!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
24 hours. He is such a sweetheart.

He is very calm and laid back, and purring machine and loves to have his head, ears and face rubbed.

I think he is an assault cat. When I pet him along the back, he has the shoulder thing that goes up.

He is occupying the master bathroom, 13x16, and all the cabinets, and closet are open so he has lots of places to explore. He lays around different places and I check on hi, every hour or so and sit with him a few times. And when I open the door he just chills. No startle or taking a flight stance. Mayme meow, or do the paw flexing, so that lets me know he is content and secure.

I was thinking he would be more skittish in a new place, and me being new to him.

Acts like he's lived here all his life.

Cool

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVq8YAzTIc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What an a$$hole and deserved it! The cat most likely would get out of the way without the intimidation Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You can't keep your cat out of the neighbors yard, these things are going to happen.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Come at me with that thing . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Given the gloves, I am assuming she's from animal control. Probably a feral cat. You're right. Next time they should just shoot it.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Why don't you post somewhere where your rhetoric would be appreciated, killing cats in a cat thread isn't classy at all.

Regards, Will G.

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Next time they should just shoot it.

Really? In a 339 page thread about cats? How about just using a humane trap next time? Roll Eyes

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Next time they should just shoot it.

Really? In a 339 page thread about cats? How about just using a humane trap next time? Roll Eyes

I didn't see the gloves at first. If it was in fact animal control I'd agree with cheesegrits for the better alternative.

Regards, Will G.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
They are in a confined space with no room to use a net. That particular device doesn't necessarily look like it's inhumane. It looks like it catches the animal between 2 fabric mesh panels and doesn't crush it. I don't know that for sure but that's what it looks like to me.

Found it:

http://www.livetrap.com/index....view&category_id=655

quote:
EZ NABBERS

Ensuring safety for animal handlers, saving incredible amounts of time, and providing dozens of uses, the EZ Nabber is a very smart and sound investment. In addition to providing a safe and humane way to capture animals, aseptic intramuscular injections of tranquilizers, anesthetics and vaccines can be given through the net. Pets can be transferred from one cage to another without injury or stress to the animal or the practice staff. Pets can be removed from and/or placed in pet carriers. When the net becomes soiled, leave it on the frame and wash it in the tub with soap and water: use a disinfectant if needed. Abscesses and wounds can be flushed, and the pet can be bathed in the net.

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Since it's almost Halloween...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwbb0pORAcs

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Those work well in a waist high cage, not so much in a patio area with a feral kitteh. Methinks she'd have done well with a nylon leash (slow approach, drop over neck), then a couple of thick beach towels to wrap it up. Then no pain for either party.

This would've worked, but you get one shot at it, and her shot missed.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a video of my favorite kitten 14 years ago. I'd been bad and was feeding the little girl outside. When I finally brought her inside, she was knocked up (at about 6 months old). So in retrospect, it turned into one of the most fun things we'd ever done. Little Kittehs inside. All coal black and looked like tennis balls, but cuter.

So then we made the decision to get her fixed. I took her to the vet, no problem. They even had me put her in their cage. All seemed normal. Then when I came back to get her, I had horrified looks on everyone's faces. She'd been a holy terror, scratching and chewing up most of their staff. (good for her) So they all wanted to see me get mutilated putting her in my transport bag. The difference is I was her friend. So I entered the room of cages. And I started talking to her the instant I saw her. They made me wait until the door was closed. But then I told her what a good kitten she was and she was still my friend. So without any incident she went in the bag.

None of the vet staff could believe it. She went from terror to nice little girl. You just need to know cat language and how to use it. I wish I had a video.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was reminded today of this poem by T. S. Eliot

The Naming Of Cats

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A moment of Zen..

Regards, Will G.

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: I was reminded today of this poem by T. S. Eliot

The Naming Of Cats.

I take it you caught Peter Ustinov's performance in Logan's Run on TCM?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post