SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They believe she tore her ACL on her rear knee, and due to her age she is too old for surgery. The good news is like humans, both ends of the ligament heal and the pain goes away after a week. Left with a kitty anti inflammatory and kitty morphine.

Apologies for the thread drift ahead:

Is your kitty a fatty or no? If no, then some do ok in about a month (a week sounds ambitious), but some require surgery. Those that don't get surgery are generally very reluctant to jump after the joint tightens up. If they put kitteh on metacam (meloxicam), be sure to get liver enzymes checked on in a couple weeks.
She is 13.7 lbs (down from 14.5 lbs 2 years ago).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
tatortodd - try a paper box; the kind that you buy with 10(?) reams of paper. Our old tabby (now passed) has arthritis and we would take these boxes, fill them with magazines or old books to make it stable, and drape a towel on it. He would jump up on the box, stop, turn and then jump up on the chair or bed. For our bed we used three boxes as a stair. And it was free!
I tried that in the bedroom prior to buying the stairs, and she didn't use them (stable, heavy box next to folding chair). In the living room, about 2/3 of the time she jumps up on the ottoman (lower than couch) prior to jumping on counch. After hurting her knee, she continued 2/3 of the time but made a noise like it hurt.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Maybe a little boost?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
^^ Hehehe ^^

Although, I think it'd only escalate her assassination attempts.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Good point.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^ He, he ^^^^

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

That moment when you realize, life will never be the same in your home...

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Or the moment you realized you're going to need to call in the big guns.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I've no words...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XvBfTMX5w

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
That cat looks like my Splash:

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe he thinks it's a hamster wheel...

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The cause is obvious. The idiot put the roll on with the paper coming off the underside.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post