SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 479
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
She had one day of unconditional love. More than most get. God bless you and Callie.

^^^ This

Posts: 551 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Frown

Sorry to report Callie passed away this morning in my arms. We didn't make it to the vet. After her water bath I noticed that she was anemic. I'm just glad that she had a night out of the elements.

I am so sorry to hear this. Every one of these threads breaks my heart.
Your heart is in the right place for trying to bring some happiness into Callie's short life.

Posts: 4162 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5928 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Is she feral? Will she let people handle her? I'm always leery about taking in ferals because, well, they're not socialized. And once they go feral, they generally don't socialize well.

quote:
This little girl was in someone's car engine compartment last night.

I took one look at her this morning when I got in and said "Well, I have a home for you."

My dispatcher took her back to my house and she's having a blast! My shift needs to end now so I can get home and bathe her.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Is she feral? Will she let people handle her? I'm always leery about taking in ferals because, well, they're not socialized. And once they go feral, they generally don't socialize well.

Sadly, she passed away, as noted in his more recent post. At least she had someone looking out for her during her last moments and I'm sure she was grateful for that. I know it's been said many times before, but there truly are some great people here on this forum.

Posts: 3541 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your support.

She was feral. My guess is she knew she was near the end and was very friendly with humans.

I took her to the vet this morning for cremation. They looked her over and confirmed that she was severely anemic and had fleas and parasites and that she was approximately six months old. They said even if night shift had taken her straight to them when they found her they wouldn't have been able to save her.

I'm just glad to know that in her last day she was loved. I had just said good night to her at 1am and was planning on going to the vet at 7 when they opened, but for some reason I woke up at 4 and went to check on her. She was on her side breathing hard, she turned to look at me and when I picked her up, she took two more breaths and stopped. I guess she was waiting for me to come back so I could say goodbye.

Rest in Peace Callie. We love you.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8180 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear about Callie passing Chowser. Thanks for comforting her in her last moments. RIP sweet kitty.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired Pilot and
Air Traffic Controller
Picture of Right2Carry
posted Hide Post
quote:

She was feral. My guess is she knew she was near the end and was very friendly with humans.

I took her to the vet this morning for cremation. They looked her over and confirmed that she was severely anemic and had fleas and parasites and that she was approximately six months old. They said even if night shift had taken her straight to them when they found her they wouldn't have been able to save her.

I'm just glad to know that in her last day she was loved. I had just said good night to her at 1am and was planning on going to the vet at 7 when they opened, but for some reason I woke up at 4 and went to check on her. She was on her side breathing hard, she turned to look at me and when I picked her up, she took two more breaths and stopped. I guess she was waiting for me to come back so I could say goodbye.

So sorry for your loss. I lost one the had a hard time breathing also and built her a oxygen tent. She lasted two days like that.

Better to want what you don't have than to have what you don't want.

Posts: 2460 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think this is one of the saddest things I have read here in a long time. Damn it, I've got something in my eye. So sad.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7309 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of faol
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear! I've now gotten something in my eye too!!! But, THANK YOU for caring enough to give her some final love!!! Many wouldn't even bother to look at her.

Veritas vos liberabit

Posts: 2013 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: December 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
And instinctively, they seek the best candidate to help.

I'm sorry about Callie. You did well.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chowser, there was a computer glitch and God managed to delete the file listing your sins.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Right2Carry:
quote:

So sorry for your loss. I lost one the had a hard time breathing also and built her a oxygen tent. She lasted two days like that.

Thanks to you, she didn't die scared, alone and hungry.

Bless you. I will give my rescue kitty an extra hug tonight.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Chowser...I am so sorry to hear this...I feel like the others...she had one night with someone who cared for her and she did not pass away alone...people like you make this forum stand out from all the others.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Hey, I know that karate-kicking kitteh. That's the cat from the Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris big fight scene in Way (Return) of the Dragon. Obviously learned to roundhouse kick from two of the world's finest.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
Good for you Chowser. Gotta go, my allergies are bothering me. Yeah that must be it.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Like a Boss

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7660 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of Callie's passing.

Posts: 18017 | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post