SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Men who can not admit when they are wrong
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men who can not admit when they are wrong Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
In general, I agree about women never being wrong but this morning hell froze over.

Mrs. Flash came up to me while I was feeding the dog and said she was wrong about something we'd argued about the day before.

Thought I'd have a heart attack and have to call 9-1-1

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, Jesus

LOL -

Konata88, you should know better!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I used to work with a very uninformed/ very over opinionated guy. Even when you pull out evidence to prove he was wrong, he would acknowledge his error, admit you're right, then spend the next 15-30 minutes still arguing how he was still right. He even admitted he started a few fights after no one accepting his facts as truth.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Many times in my working life, and just life in general, I'll start a statement with "I could be wrong..."

Tends to diffuse a lot of opposition before it happens. Funny how that works.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Ha! I saw this thread title and thought: “Holy shit, this is my thread! I could own this”
Then I settled back down and enjoyed the comments.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If ever I'm ever in the wrong, I think I'll be willing to admit it. Unfortunately, I haven't been wrong yet so I don't have proof.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I will often say, "I may be wrong - after all, I was wrong about that thing back in 1972."

That's the year I and my family moved to California. I thought we were moving to Heaven - until we got here.

But, seriously, if you're wrong about something, just own it! Be an adult. Realize everybody is incorrect once in a while.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And!
Some of those guys found women to marry them,
How's that work?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Lied.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I think modern culture embraces and perpetuates the notion that personal accountability, introspection and humility are for suckers.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of my primary job functions is to repair some item for a customer and I always predict it will either work or not.... and I've never been wrong.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post