SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Men who can not admit when they are wrong
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men who can not admit when they are wrong Login/Join 
posted
Can somebody please explain this to me. What in the fuck drives people to blame others for mistakes. “Mishaps are everybody’s fault but mine”!
I spent 17 years in a truck by myself and now that I have to work with others directly, I can not believe that so many grown men can not work through simple problems. Resorting to fits or passive aggressive behavior as a retaliation.
Is this really common or do I just work with a bunch of assholes?

Posts: 950 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's pretty common. Ego can be a powerful drug.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Wondering if this trait limited to men...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This was my signature line at various times:

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.” — Leo Tolstoy

It is basic human nature except for the most intelligent and introspective. And then only occasionally.

(And time was when “men” referred to all human beings, not just to those of the male sex. I am old enough to still interpret the term that way when appropriate.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My signature line is a fitting explanation, "ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23245 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
No truer words have been spoken.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not a gender specific trait. It is a learned behavior in childhood.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that if I am ever wrong, I'll be man enough to admit it.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was wrong. Once.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Glad I don't have to worry about this one.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I was wrong.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why in the world are you limiting this to men? I'd wager the percentage of women who won't admit they are wrong is higher than that of men.

Think about it. Despite everything that's been done to our society to convince women that they are the equal of or perhaps even the betters of men, a substantial portion of the female population feel like second-class citizens. The reason for this is simple- they've forgotten that men and women have different drives and capabilities. Men are the hunter-gatherers, women are the nesters, staying home, taking care of the children. That is the way it's been since before recorded history, but now, many women want to be men, and this little blip we're experiencing right now, in which women see themselves as taking over the world, will disappear like smoke the instant there is a true global crisis- another world war, for instance. In such an instance, who will do the fighting and all the heavy lifting? Men, as it's always been.

If my comments offend anyone- tough shit. We are in the predicament we are in right now partly because of everyone falling all over themselves to make women just like men, and that is something which can never truly be.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it’s because the rant is specific to his situation, his coworkers, which are men. He probably wasn’t being philosophical about the human condition. Just my guess.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
For some reason, this video popped up as a Youtube suggestion this morning so I figured I'd watch. Then I saw this thread and thought that it might be a good place to put it.

It's well worth a few minutes of your time, and the comments section is hilarious. Apparently Jocko is the new Chuck Norris. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljqra3BcqWM

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigcrazy7 is correct. Para, I only work with men in my facility. It seems that egotistical whining men are in a higher concentration at my job than any other group I’ve ever encountered. It really is pathetic.

Posts: 950 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Why in the world are you limiting this to men? I'd wager the percentage of women who won't admit they are wrong is higher than that of men.

In my experience, men tend to be more stubborn. They won't admit they're wrong, minimalize how wrong they were, &/or deflect blame to others.

Women are more likely to reframe a situation so that the person who held them accountable for being wrong becomes the bad guy. E.g.:

"Yes, she was wrong, but you don't have to rub it in."
"You don't have empathy."
"You're mansplaining."
"You're an asshole for hurting her feelings."

Now there is such thing as gloating and 'rubbing it in', but many women interpret holding them accountable for their errors at all to be gloating.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I said something bad. Deleted. Sorry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jesus

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve come to attribute that behavior with democrats. People who think like democrats have no sense of accountability. Not saying there is a causal or exclusive relationship. But a correlation.

Here's someone who needs to admit that they're wrong....

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s not just men.

You just described my stepmother. She is NEVER wrong and will never apologize for anything. It’s like she’s not even capable of ever admitting she was wrong on anything. It’s always everyone else who is wrong.

I don’t get it but she’s 77 and never going to change.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post