SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory Customer Service Login/Join 
posted
Ordered some ammo last week. Received order today and missing half the order.
Spoke with customer service and was told with ammo they do not replace. Apparently the goods are shipped directly from the manufacturer?? after sending pictures would receive refund for ammo.
Inquired about freight-was told I would have paid freight anyway?????
I told them what happens if I reorder what is missing. Was told I Would have to pay freight again.
WTF-piss poor customer service.
Looks like I won't be doing business with PSA again!!!!!!
BEWARE

Note: Credit showed up on my AE Card last night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vette02,

Posts: 127 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I won't buy ammo from PSA ever again.

Several years ago I bought 500rds of FN5.7 ammo from them.

500 of FN5.7 ammo is a flat hard cardboard case.

It came with no cardboard case. 10-50rd boxes wrapped with stretch wrap then dropped in a larger shipping box. When it arrived at my door 250rds were loose inside the box with 10-15 cases dented in.

Called PSA no customer service and they refused to do anything about it..basically "tough shit"

I have since only ordered from SGammo and all ammo arrived next day and tightly wrapped sealed cases in heavy tight fitting outer cardboard shipping boxes.

Posts: 18151 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess I will chalk this up to "Lesson Learned"
PS this is about the 5th time I ordered ammo from them-no problems in the past.
Bob

Posts: 127 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never ordered ammo from them, but their service with guns has been outstanding. My SIL wanted a "starter" AR. I got him an upper and lower and put them together for him, cost me about 440 bucks total. It's not a target gun, but will most def get him thru an ugly situation like we saw with covid.

Posts: 17267 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Never ordered ammo from them, but their service with guns has been outstanding. My SIL wanted a "starter" AR. I got him an upper and lower and put them together for him...

Buy gun. Got gun. Gun works. Not sure how a normal process that turned out the way it's supposed to be is "outstanding service".

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

This story sounded so familiar that I had to look up who it was that I bought 300 rounds of Fiochhi 5.7 from last year who shipped it in an oversize box with no packing and just loose boxes of ammo. The box was beaten up from all the loose ammo rolling around inside it. I actually counted to make sure nothing fell out, because the seams on the box were crap. The individual boxes had a piece of Scotch tape on the end flaps, and that didn't do anything, half the boxes were emptied of their contents.

It was Brownell's. They didn't care, either. Not a unique situation to PSA with "nobody cares" packaging of ammo. I've bought several uppers from Palmetto and have had nothing but great experiences with them.

Posts: 17704 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Called PSA no customer service and they refused to do anything about it..basically "tough shit"

Would your credit card company do anything about it?

Posts: 13321 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
At the time i didn't consider a ccard dispute.

Posts: 18151 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
can I post the address of two excellent ammunition stores to buy from?

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2440 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:

can I post the address of two excellent ammunition stores to buy from?
PLEASE do that!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purhased from PSA multiple times (Ammo/Complete upper) without any problems. Received products as expected, but I guess there's "always a first time"

posted Hide Post
TargetsportsUSA. One problem with ammo that was soaking wet. Took my word for it and sent out another case. Enclosed was a label for return shipping of the damaged package.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My one ammo buying experience with PSA wasn’t great, and c/s response was piss poor. All other transactions have been great.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8799 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
TARGETSport USA has been mentioned the other Freedom Munitions all the guys here in Ft Myers the frequent Cowboy Steel IDPA shooters recommend both.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2440 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the time i didn't consider a ccard dispute.

If you dispute the purchase with your credit card company, PSA may ban you from future sales.

(See my post at https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1770000505 )

Trooper Joe

Posts: 472 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I won't buy ammo from PSA ever again.

500 of FN5.7 ammo is a flat hard cardboard case.

It came with no cardboard case. 10-50rd boxes wrapped with stretch wrap then dropped in a larger shipping box. When it arrived at my door 250rds were loose inside the box with 10-15 cases dented in.

I have since only ordered from SGammo and all ammo arrived next day and tightly wrapped sealed cases in heavy tight fitting outer cardboard shipping boxes.

SGAmmo is my main ammo go to folks.

A few years ago, I ordered ammo from AmmoMan. I have bought a few times from them before w/o any issues. This time, it came with rounds spilling out of their individual boxes because of sloppy packaging, but there were no damages. I emailed them with pics. They promptly apologized and gave me coupon for my next order. That's good service, imo. Admitted to your screw-up and compensated your customer, although the latter part was really not necessary. I just wanted them to know not to screw up again.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A lot of places are offering shipping insurance or something called similar to that.
Brownells charges $3 per order to I guess guarantee a shipment.
Sometimes I pay and sometimes I don't I depending on the value of the shipment.
Luckily for me never had a problem, also I pay Brownells $49 a year for free shipping and that already has paid for itself over and over.
Kinda makes you appreciate Prime/Amazon with their program of free shipping, good tracking and decent dispute resolutions.
At least when Amazon takes a pic of your front door with the goods - you know if it is your doorstep or not, at least. Eek

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Q on SGAmmo. If I have a question on something on the website I'll email with the concern. Every email question/answer was returned by the owner Sam within the hour, I like that. I only shop at SGAmmo.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snordog
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a ton of stuff from PSA without issue except for one time. It was also ammo related and turned in to a giant hassle when they were pushing all that AMMO Inc garbage. Long story short, I had to go round and round with AMMO Inc as PSA didn't want anything to do with the ammo not being worth a darn. AMMO Inc wasn't much better and ended up learning the hard way.

“You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.” -Al Capone

Posts: 77 | Location: Wooster, OH | Registered: April 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sounds like when dealing with PSA, unless you buy their own brand, you're SOL if your stuff happen to be defective.

Here is another good CS story, this time from Primary Arms. I recently bough a few little AR-related things, among which is a Magpul RVG. One of its screws' threads were already stripped out of the box. Emailed PA to see if they have some extra screw laying around. They didn't but immediately contacted Magpul regarding my situation. Magpul replied pronto and a replacement is on the way.

Q