SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    PSA about PSA (Palmetto State Armory)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA about PSA (Palmetto State Armory) Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
Here's a PSA about PSA. I just sent one of their dual charging handles back, the latch tension detached/broke after I charged bolt for first time. That's right, once. I had a range day recently and wanted to install it on an AR that I was testing for accuracy. Anyway.. ..They'll replace it, but I cannot return for another brand (no longer trust it) because their "return" policy is for 30 days. Mine was 60.

I'm a repeat customer for the deals, but now I'm also sayin' better use and check out what you buy promptly. I'm not going to buy ahead any longer. Side bar, they have not posted my review on website either. Yes I have an account and have other reviews, verified by email when I placed my negative review on product. Still not there a week later. Could be why the overall reviews are good, eh?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2089 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have posted this on some other forums and saw some very interesting replies. Some of the responders stated that I am the bad guy concerning this issue.

What do you folks think?

After buying 3 guns in the last several years from PSA, I had trouble with the 4th gun purchase. It was an RIA 1911 that had a serious idiot scratch on the frame and slide. This was allegedly a new in the box-firearm that had obviously been mishandled by someone.

PSA advised that I had to send it to RIA repair. RIA repair required that I had to have my local dealer send it at my cost.

I contacted my credit card company and PSA sent me an approved return authorization the next day. As soon as they received it the charges were removed from my credit card. There was no notification of being “banned for life” by returning a defective item.

In the last several weeks, I have tried twice to purchase two more firearms and was denied by PSA each time.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with PSA? Please disguise your identity if you reply. I would not want anyone else to be “banned for life” also.

Trooper Joe

After receiving some very negative comments, I posted the following.

Interesting comments.

I guess if I was PSA, I would have been willing to at least talk to the longtime customer and see if maybe I had a staff member who opened the gun box and maybe caused the idiot scratch.

As you may know, it is next to impossible to talk to a real person at PSA. Check out some of the other concerns that have been posted about PSA.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 472 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post