SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The lack of IQ at the Costco fuel pumps
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The lack of IQ at the Costco fuel pumps Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Laws are only passed for the benefit of the Government and their Corporate lackeys. Or is it vice-versa ?

Posts: 1454 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timed my last trip to the pumps,
6 minutes from the entry gate to the exit gate.

Counted 19 cars at all the pumps.

Count I
Me in the satisfied group

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It isn't just outside at the pumps, it's inside the store too. People blocking the aisles, just standing there with their carts. People parking their carts on one side of the aisle while they are shopping on the other side of the aisle. Then the entitled idiots that think they don't have to wait for anyone and plow into your cart while you are waiting to get by someone.

Posts: 3677 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
I'm convinced there is an IQ suppression field that exists around COSTCOs..

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few that there thinking that it's Disney land and they meander and gaze,
I know people that go for the free samples at lunch.

But it's not a theme park like some think.

I am constantly amazed at all the shit that gets sold that pretty much no one "needs" ,
That in itself
Is testimony to the Costco demographic of 50% of Costco shoppers.

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:

It isn't just outside at the pumps, it's inside the store too. People blocking the aisles, just standing there with their carts. People parking their carts on one side of the aisle while they are shopping on the other side of the aisle.
Gotta love the schmucks who park their freeloading asses at the food sample stations, blocking all passage with the carts that they abandoned in their feeding frenzy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Had an opposite experience at Costco fuel yesterday.

Pulled up, 2 cars at the pumps ahead of me.
2nd car finished first & pulled away, lady in the front spot was finishing & about to pull the pump from her car.
I waited the 30sec for the front car to finish & pull away & took the front spot.

Lady in the truck behind me, gave me a 'thank you' for waiting & pulling to the front. Caught me off guard a bit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Add Self Checkout Idiots to the list, last time there a woman (50's), her older (30's) daughter and grandkid had a full cart at a checkout probably 40 plus items, and couldn't run the self checkout system.

The Costco rep for that area had to go over, help them log in, and then began to scan everything in the cart for them, all the while the two adult women stood there.

While this went on, 5 of the other 6 stations had flashing lights on requesting assistance, age verification most likely for alcohol, the assistant, busy with the can't checkout myself folks, shut down the whole self checkout system. Took Costco a bit to figure out what happened and why they had a line of pissed off people over the women who Costco let screw up the whole checkout lane...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The Costco rep for that area had to go over...
When I have a bunch of stuff in my cart, I go to the full service lanes. But sometimes I go into Costco to get my hearing aids serviced, and figure that as long as I'm in the store I'll just grab a couple things and I use the self-service. Every once in a while, the system pukes on something and the Costco dude(tte) has to come over, log in with employee ID, do a bunch of magic keypad pressing while muttering satanic incantations, and the system finally accepts that item.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Before I leave the house I put all my expectations in the safe. I’m rarely surprised or disappointed.

I’m sure as hell not going to town in a hurry, a sure recipe for disaster.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5232 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The only way I will go to Costco is to be there the within the first 15 or so minutes after they open. Fortunately this is no challenge, as they open pretty late in the morning.

Posts: 27149 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
It isn't just outside at the pumps, it's inside the store too. People blocking the aisles, just standing there with their carts. People parking their carts on one side of the aisle while they are shopping on the other side of the aisle. Then the entitled idiots that think they don't have to wait for anyone and plow into your cart while you are waiting to get by someone.

I’ve come to the conclusion that most people go there, for a mall experience. I buy my food at Costco because it’s high quality without the price to match. Their produce, fish, etc, is excellent quality. I’ve rotated most of my items to there. Even protein bars and protein powder. So those of us who are there to buy food go every week or every other week and we know where everything is. In and out. I can usually show my card at the front door and I’m at one of the employee checkout lines within 10 minutes. Until this year, I could go on a Mon/Tues/Wed night, about 30 minutes before close and have a drama free affair. But so many people have moved here, especially H1B visas, that’s it is now cumbersome no matter the time of day.

But it is as you described. My friends and I complain about all the same things you did. People go in there and just get stupid. Leaving their carts in the middle of the aisles. Last Wednesday I had a new to the US lady actually take my cart full of items and start walking off. I had to say “excuse me” three times, increasing volume each time. By the third time I was almost yelling. She then tells me she thought it was her cart at which point I’m grabbing it, saying “you need to just use your eyes” and took my index and middle fingers pointed them at my eyes then forward, twice. The malls, many of them have closed. The one over here did, on this side of town. So I think they are bored super consumers that go in there to futz/fuck around and the rest of us have to pay for that behavior. With inflation, I try to buy every grocery item there I can. Like the Tier 1 fuel at the pump, it’s just a necessary evil.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new Costco just built near my home.
The pumps are set far enough apart that there is an exit/access lane. Cars/trucks can pull past vehicles and access the front pumps and also exit the back pumps while the fronts are in use.
Three pumps on each island.
Never really had to wait in line for gas yet.
Unfortunately, no diesel☹️

Posts: 325 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Made a Costco gas run this morning, pulled up to the pumps at about 0605, lines were about 5 deep per lane [2 at the pump, 3 in line].
Was in/out [1/2 tank top up in the Explorer & filled a gas can for the generator] in maybe 10 minutes.

Similar experience on Sunday, filled up the Expedition, longer lines then, around noon, but didn't take all that long to get through.

Plan on doing it again this afternoon, need to pick up another gas can so I make it a daily instead of a 2x trip.

Considering, some of the local gas stations had lines nearly 1/2 mile long, membership has its benefits.
Sams had a similar short wait for fuel when I went by en route to Constco.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaf:
A new Costco just built near my home.
The pumps are set far enough apart that there is an exit/access lane. Cars/trucks can pull past vehicles and access the front pumps and also exit the back pumps while the fronts are in use.
Three pumps on each island.
Never really had to wait in line for gas yet.
Unfortunately, no diesel☹️

I have noticed the newer stores are being built like this. They also have 3 digital signs that are red or green to signify if the pump is available. Really cuts down on wait times.

Hope they implement this in as many places as possible. I get my fuel early, around 6:30am, to avoid crowds. My local Costco is still the old style with 2 pumps for each lane.

Posts: 13280 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another Costco run this morning to top up the gas can. I'm getting about 8-10hrs/tank from my generator.

I guess enough people have power restored, there was no wait for a pump, maybe 7 cars there, total, at 0730.

posted Hide Post
" unfortunately no diesel"

I wonder if they added three diesel pumps and three non ethanol pumps , just how much busier they would be ?

Our station already gets 8 deliveries a week.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
BJ’s has diesel but only at some of the pumps. Those pumps get backed up enough to block the gasoline only pumps. Plus, most of the diesel customers are trucks with 28 - 48 gallon tanks, so they spend more time at the pump.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post