SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The lack of IQ at the Costco fuel pumps
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The lack of IQ at the Costco fuel pumps Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
End of the day, I have far more important things to be concerned with than letting a few minutes delay in refueling affect my attitude.

It ain’t an Indy pit stop, I’ll still win my race to get home since I am the only one in the running…

Nobody said it was an Indy pit stop. Nobody is racing. It’s about courtesy, and how it’s eradicated from society. Common sense? That’s gone too. This is the pitch your bitch section also btw so spare the lectures Professor.

No different than when I used to have to go out for lunch with coworkers. I’d rather make my own food in my kitchen and use Tupperware and a microwave in the office. But it’s important to build a decent team and you need to develop those relationships. Many times, they would want to go a place where you stand in line to put in your order with the cashier. You get a number and they bring your meal when it’s ready or call your # for you to pick it up at the counter. The line is 10 minutes long just to order. And it never failed to impress, there’d be a Karen in the group ahead. Employee is trying to get their order when you hear “Oh I don’t even know what I want, do y’all know what you want?” Never mind that the place goes out of its way to put menus all over the line. To add insult to injury the menu is posted real big on the wall. Lady you’ve had 10-15 minutes to dime out the menu, and choose something but you pull food debates when it’s your turn? There were days by the time we got our food we’d have to tell them to box it up, no time left, we have to go back to work. Many times it was a burger or chicken sandwich place. Very simplistic menu and Karen would turn it into rocket science. Employee working there is pissed but can’t say nothing. The people behind this Karen, all pissed off as well.

It doesn’t matter where a line exists. Could be a gas pump, grocery store, dining out, whatever. If it’s busy, just have your shit together, and many don’t, and they don’t care either. Entitlement behavior everywhere. They have to have the pacifier in their hand at all times as well. If a line is moving, no big deal, but when it bricks, people get tired of it. Time is more important than money. 9/10 times I don’t have to put up with this but millions have flooded into where I live, in this metro, and getting anything done at all is turning into a real bitch. My BP is always fine because I vent. In fact my bloodwork comes back every year Tom Brady style Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Unfortunately, many people choose none of the above. I don’t have time for them.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought gas at Costco once, that was enough. The more procedures a company burdens me with, the less business they get from me.

Posts: 19 | Registered: June 02, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silvermine:
The more procedures a company burdens me with, the less business they get from me.

Sound like good policy to me, man.

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember what Ron White said. You can’t fix stupid!

Posts: 1594 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I spent about 13 yrs as a Store Manager for Kroger, each store had a fuel center,

I am convinced that if you want to see stupid in action, go work the kiosk at teh fuel center for an hour or 2,

demographics don't matter, ran stores in high end neighborhoods and the hood,

the stupid is slightly different, but still stupid,

and honestly, I almost got hit by cars in the high end areas, the hood was safer at the pumps

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10606 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driving seems to be the most visible and dangerous expression of poor decision making. I often spend hours a day on the highways. I see lots of it and I suspect they wonder what the hell I'm doing not following their lead. But geez, even simple stuff. I occasionally eat a fast-food breakfast in the truck. As I looked at a nearby gas station I wondered how many people drove straight over the curb and walk to pull in. It was a minute later someone did. Another guy sat at a light waiting and waiting. He was beyond the stop bar. Three times he backed up and pulled forward of the bar trying to get it change. WTF not stay behind it were you obviously know you belong??

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 400 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Smartphones are making everyone way less smart these days.

I'm not sure sitting idling in a line of 25 cars is really worth that $1 savings or so per fill up.

Well I try to get to the pumps before they get too busy, but when I can save .25 per gal I will wait in line. 30 gallons comes out to $6.00 savings and it does add up.

Posts: 479 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
I wondered how many people drove straight over the curb and walk to pull in. It was a minute later someone did.

A couple of weeks ago, I drove The Lovely Girlfriend's daughter's car for a quick trip to the grocery store. My cars being 12 and 22 years old, I felt like a complete idiot for a moment trying to quickly master her 2019 model. When I got to the store I figured I'd park away from most others in case I made a goof of myself when I left. As I pulled into a space, I was faced with the front end of a brand-new Range Rover Discovery. And I saw its front end make a quick (I hesitate to say "violent," but...) up-and-down motion. Eek "What the heck?!" I thought.

Sure enough, the driver was backing over the concrete divider between the spaces. I had to wonder, "how much did it hurt when you bashed over it to begin with? Surely you didn't crawl over it slowly and intentionally."

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me appreciate our North Davenport store,even more.

The egress could be better but it's tolerable as is.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think those are second level idiocies. I’m baffled by how people 1) don’t know how to pick lanes as they enter the area. There’s several lines available, go to one. 2) they don’t understand the green car light and they wait there not moving forward. 3) they don’t know the hoses are long enough that it doesn’t matter which side your gas valve is on.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was today old when I looked fourteen feet up on the pump island pillar and saw these lights you mentioned.

That's going to make life easier ,
Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
What really pisses me off is the assholes who see 2-8 cars behind them waiting. And then they get in their car and it takes 20+ seconds to start the car and another 15 seconds to move the car out of the way.

You can see people behind you waiting. You can and should get in your car, immediately start it, and immediately, within 3 seconds, start to move that car. You don’t need to put on a seatbelt before pulling away from the pump. You don’t need to put your wallet away. You don’t need to reset your mileage counter. All those things can be done later. Move your ass out of the way!!

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Adrian Cronauer, where are you?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
What really pisses me off is the assholes who see 2-8 cars behind them waiting. And then they get in their car and it takes 20+ seconds to start the car and another 15 seconds to move the car out of the way.

You can see people behind you waiting. You can and should get in your car, immediately start it, and immediately, within 3 seconds, start to move that car. You don’t need to put on a seatbelt before pulling away from the pump. You don’t need to put your wallet away. You don’t need to reset your mileage counter. All those things can be done later. Move your ass out of the way!!

Look out, you’re gonna get Indy Pit Stop comments. I 100% agree with you but apparently not everyone does. Narcissism is so prevalent in our society already and it’s only going to get worse. The current, not motto, but the way people act is “Fuck you deal with it”. I won’t even get started on how many people I see driving extremely dangerously, slow, swerving, causing those of us who have a life and need to get somewhere, to get bricked by red lights, etc, all due to these fucktards surfing their phone and looking down while driving. They ought to pass a law and throw everyone of those fucks in jail with a DUI charge. Maybe after $20,000 in court fees, probation, attorney fees, etc, sets in, maybe only then will they cut the shit out and pay attention.

At Costco if you fuck around in the gas line doing what you described, if I had my way at least, I’d rip up your car Mr. Hand style right in front of you and say game over, shop somewhere else. But the Costco gas attendant can’t do anything like that because Karen or Chad would complain their feelings are hurt. I wish people would just be efficient at the gas pumps, in the store when I’m buying my groceries there, and any place there is a line of people waiting. Be efficient when driving, be alert, aware, drive the speed limit, get out of the fast lane if driving slow. But getting today’s society to do any of that is like me asking God to send Jesus down to my house to serve me dinner. Most people do not give a fuck about anyone but themselves, and even many of those same people don’t care about themselves either. Nihilists, dude.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
I guess I lead a boring life . No gas pump drama here . Costco gas station is always packed so I don't bother even trying . The price is not worth the effort anyway .
same here...
I couldn't imagine routinely waiting for 5-8 cars to fuel up, prior to my turn at the pump. Eek

My time and sanity are worth more than the $5 that I would save in the cost of fueling up.

Posts: 14001 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily, our Costco (N Houston) seems to flow decently, and has more pumps than most other Costco stations I've tried.
Both of the Bakersfield CA Costco stations we used weren't bad either. Luckily the cars we had were small tanks, so the barely sub-$5 gas wasn't as painful.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Costco is not really on the way for me. If I'm saving about $5 per tank, that (1 gal of gas) basically gets eaten by the round trip to go to Costco. Not to mention the time spent driving round trip and waiting for gas (let's say a round 30 minutes). I'm probably net losing. Besides, I prefer Chevron - 99% of my gas will be from Chevron. Just been that way for 30+ years.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

I prefer Chevron - 99% of my gas will be from Chevron.
I remember some Chevron TV commercials from maybe fifty years ago.

"Chevron gas will fill any shape tank."

"With Chevron gas in your tank, your car will run in both directions -- backward and forward."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
With me at the helm, sometimes sideways as well. And not intentionally. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post