SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Huh. I arrived 1/2 half before the start of Senior Hour at the CostCo in the Big City to find a relatively short line- I was within the first hundred. They were letting a hundred, then as 25 left they let the next 25 in.

SWMBO and I split up, thus doubling the paper goods and stuff we could get, the extra going to our daughter, who has an aversion to shopping. Everybody was copacetic.

The real drag was getting up at 0 dark thirty to get there early.

Still searching for hand sanitizer, though one of the local micro-distillers converted over and we've gotten some from him.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wow. Costco has some things I just can't get anywhere else so I'm dreading the lines severely.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Costco line wasnt bad yesterday, I went to return a couple of online purchased items, in and out, the line was just around the corner, they let 25 in at a time, spacing inside is good, products are plenty, other than TP, Paper Towels and a few other items...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many know that lawyers have standardized legal docs that can be modified as needed, such as the “Standard Will and Testament”. It has the clauses needed for most clients with space to add additional clauses not part of the standard verbiage. One need only fill in the blanks with appropriate information and add special clauses as needed.

Lawyers are adding a new standardized clause to facilitate distribution of a new asset class, the large toilet paper stash, so that heirs can properly receive the paper wealth left to them as desired by the deceased.

”Uncle Leroy left the house and car to his kids but can you believe he left that whole barn full of virus era TP to Bubba, that worthless nephew of his?”

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Costco line wasnt bad yesterday, I went to return a couple of online purchased items, in and out, the line was just around the corner, they let 25 in at a time, spacing inside is good, products are plenty, other than TP, Paper Towels and a few other items...

No lines at mine. I called them first and gamed the timing so I think I know when I can go every other week now. Definitely no TP/PT/sanitizer. They had everything else, thankfully, including eggs. We just have to put a stop to these fuckers hoarding. Why they didn't put limits on paper products and sanitizer much earlier escapes me. My goodness there were people in there clothes shopping. Some lady was bogarting my line into the produce area because she was fucking with sweat pants. I'm like really lady, you are measuring sweat pants in the isle at Costco to see if they'll fit right now? Just went around another way and shook my head. Plenty of zombies too. No cart, just wandering around looking at stuff, creating traffic. The herd just amazes me at every available opportunity.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I received an order of TP from Costco today.
When I was on their site the other day, I just checked to see what was available, clicked Add to Cart and checked out.

30 rolls of the good stuff (Charmin), arrived on my front porch this afternoon.
We are good for a while.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^I've heard of people lucking out on the Costco website. If you hit it just right, you can place an online order. Good on you.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16308 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
This was posted in the coronavirus thread but it makes a good poin:

“In short, the toilet paper industry is split into two, largely separate markets: commercial and consumer. The pandemic has shifted the lion’s share of demand to the latter. People actually do need to buy significantly more toilet paper during the pandemic — not because they’re making more trips to the bathroom, but because they’re making more of them at home. With some 75% of the U.S. population under stay-at-home orders, Americans are no longer using the restrooms at their workplace, in schools, at restaurants, at hotels, or in airports.”

From the Georgia-Pacific page”
“ Based on IRI panel data, along with the US Census, the average U.S. household (2.6 people) uses 409 equivalized regular rolls per year. Using our own calculations, staying at home 24-7 would result in 40% increase vs. average daily usage staying at home 24-7 would result in 40% increase vs. average daily usage. Therefore, to last approximately 2 weeks, a 2-person household would need 9 double rolls, or 5 mega rolls. A 4-person household would need 17 double rolls, or 9 mega rolls to last approximately 2 weeks.

There’s more about the production of paper for business and why plants can’t switch over.

https://marker.medium.com/what...hortage-c812e1358fe0
https://www.gp.com/news/2020/0...response-to-covid-19

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
try squeezing...works for me...until I sit down. Big Grin

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lucked out today . We have a really nice locally owned grocery store about 10 minutes from me .They open every morning at 7 am for seniors only , for one hour . Today they were in the middle of a huge restocking effort and they had everything . TP , Clorox wipes , you name it . Limit one of course but that's cool .

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Found TP and PT yesterday. They've had some off and on at the local food lion for last couple of weeks. Didn't bother buying any because I stocked up in anticipation of this nonsense when everyone thought this was no big deal. Since they had my preferred brands I picked up one of each. Posted this pic in my car group with the headline - "Panty Dropper" as a joke.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Like you we had plenty going in to this so I’ve refrained from buying any since mid-February despite the on and off availability. Just the other day we hit the point at which I normally restock. Happened to check the Wal-mart app at just the right time and caught a big multi-pack in stock online and added it to an order I already had going. Good to know we can continue to use indoor plumbing for a few more weeks.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live PD had a show where a guy in Meijers parking lot was selling 12 rolls of TP for the low price of $60.

He stated he was just helping people out. Roll Eyes

After talking with the manager, they ticketed him for selling without a retailers license.
While Meijer banned him from their store for a year.

But, but, I shop here all the time!

Court case is pending.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 12 pack of Charmin in the back seat of my truck that's been there for several weeks . My wife asked me why I was riding around with toilet paper ? " Just keeping my options open …" Wink

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Costco had toilet paper (Charmin even) yesterday. Now I know what it feels like to hit the lottery....sort of

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^^I've heard of people lucking out on the Costco website. If you hit it just right, you can place an online order. Good on you.

Tried to day, crapped out, nothing here, so I guess I'm ShitOuttaLuck.....

They do have plenty of bidets though....

https://www.costco.com/toilets-washlets.html

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
My wife went to Sam's Club this morning and sounds like she scored both TP and paper towels

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The Good News: at the Target 5 minutes from my condo, I scored a 36-pack of TP.
The Bad News: I was actually looking for flour, no luck even though website said stocked.

I didn't really mean to hoard more TP, but didn't want a wasted trip either. It's a hassle wearing that respirator.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16308 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I just tried out that Instacart service to go to Costco for me.

Honestly, I liked it. Cost about 20 bucks for the service, the driver went to Costco for me, waited in line to get in, bought my list of stuff including TP, bleach, paper towels, etc. And dropped it off tonight. The only blip was they replaced the brand of paper towels because what I originally ordered wasn't in stock, but they texted me to let me know.

Now, I didn't order produce or anything like that, but was very pleased.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post