SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Went out Saturday to the local grocery store (Schnucks). Grocery shelves were 90%+ stocked and I got everything I wanted. A little thin here and there, but it was like a pre-panic experience. Lady at the register said they actually had TP for about 45 minutes after opening before it sold out which to her was an improvement.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The kid I hired to clean the poop out of my yard just realized I don't have a dog. #outoftoiletpaper

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
The kid I hired to clean the poop out of my yard just realized I don't have a dog. #outoftoiletpaper

Hahaha

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Nice! Hahaha Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
4. The Pentagon uses, on average, 666 rolls of toilet paper per day.

Truly beastly, but not true.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today I drove an 80 y.o neighbor 70 miles to a Costco that had some t.p. , as she just had a knee replaced, she is still on the slow side, to save her some milage I put 2 bales of t.p. in my cart , to take her one. A total stranger in a med mask , wood shop goggles and dish washing gloves piped up with " read the sign ! One per customer!".I came very close to licking the bale and saying here you can have it now.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they would prioritize delivery goods over walk ins for the time being. Old folks could get their supplies and not venture out. I sympathize with the people who pick up an extra for neighbor but for every bendable there’s a couple assholes just stockpiling.

It’s seems to be easing up around here. Wife walked in from Costco with a 30 pack yesterday. Now hand sanitizer? Nope. Unobtainium.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Just returned from geezer shopping hours (I.E. "senior" hours before the store opens) at Costco in Cranberry PA. Not a roll of toilet paper to be found. Plenty of paper towels and food. Limit on some things like eggs.

The Coronavirus outbreak still didn't inhibit the rude behavior of some people. Costco staff were kind and had things well in hand.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hamburger meat is slowly reappearing on grocery store shelves around here. Still less stock than usual, but at least it's somewhat available.

Previously, hamburger meat was harder to find than toilet paper.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The local military commissary used to have the real deal on hamburger (a four-pack for $10.00). After the limiting began they only sell individual packs with a 2-pack limit.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
for every bendable there’s a couple assholes just stockpiling.

like many aspects of social interaction , it seems the few will always spoil it for the many

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
Just returned from geezer shopping hours (I.E. "senior" hours before the store opens) at Costco in Cranberry PA. Not a roll of toilet paper to be found. Plenty of paper towels and food. Limit on some things like eggs.

The Coronavirus outbreak still didn't inhibit the rude behavior of some people. Costco staff were kind and had things well in hand.

The local Costco here has so many pallets of Kirkland water (like 3x to 5x normal stock) it was almost picture worthy.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
People do with what they can.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/5rVQGT01Kzg

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s cause people who are out of tp are using cooked pasta.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
We are 100 miles from a major city. Our two grocery stores are well stocked. There is TP on the shelves. Most of us stock up on TP and other items ahead of the Winter snows. The only thing that is short is flour, yeast, baking powder. Making sour dough yeast is easy.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:

Just returned from geezer shopping hours (I.E. "senior" hours before the store opens) at Costco in Cranberry PA. Not a roll of toilet paper to be found. Plenty of paper towels and food.

I went to Costco yesterday for geezer shopping. I got there well before the doors opened. The line wrapped around three sides of the building.

After about 3/4 hour, I was within striking distance of the door. Police at the door, not really necessary, as everybody was being polite.

Just about everybody coming out of the door had a package of toilet paper on their cart. One package. Whoo-hoo, with just wife and me in the household, that would last for a while.

As I moved into position to enter the store, third customer from the door, the announcement came: the last package of toilet paper had just been sold.

Mad Mad Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was pretty amazed to see that of the hundred or so people that came out of Costco, 50% of the people did not have a bale of t.p. in their shopping cart.

no lines ,to speak of at either of the two Costco's that we frequent.

( 9 people is not a line)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I’m outside Costco standing in the longest line I’ve ever been in. It stretches along 3 sides of the parking lot, then through a zigzag and behind the building. This is the senior line.

[UPDATE] It took me 2-1/2 hours to get in. And, they were out of toilet paper (I did score a case of Kleenex).

Costco 01 by kpkina, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post