SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What you hate about the Super Bowl
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What you hate about the Super Bowl Login/Join 
posted
Go nuts. I’ll start.

There is only one (1) national anthem.

Who gives a shit about an all woman flyby? They have been flying jets for decades. Just stop, I bet even they hate this.

Was that really a rainbow flag of crewmen on the USS Vinson? The Chinese must be laughing their asses off.

Makes me want to turn off the game and it hasn’t even started.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped out with our Flag issue. I’ll read the iPad news, that’s plenty of info. I was a pro football nut, don’t miss it. I just don’t care anymore. Enjoy.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I detested being forced to play team sports in school, never followed or watched sports (occasional, very rare exception for baseball), didn't care about it for the longest time, and now, starting with that fuckstick waste of sperm Kaepernick and others' taking of knees for the national anthem and now the goings-on like you describe, I have outright hostility.

As an aside, Elizabethton, TN is not just big, but huge on football. The high school's parking lot overflows when there is a game playing and there is a street named after a player, apparently of some note, by the name of Jason Witten, who's a native.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
What you hate about the Super Bowl
Better to ask what I like about it. That would be a much shorter list.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight was the first I've watched any football in 4 years. I stopped when the kneeling nonsense started. I skipped the national anthem because I got sick of having to hear the screeching and interpretations of how they think it should be sung. Thankfully I missed the rainbow flag nonsense. I also was more than happy to be here typing instead of being subjected to the half time show. The commercials are equally mindless.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The HT show reminded me of a Woody Allen movie... take a guess which...

https://youtu.be/nM3fglmaRrA

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they get rid of Roger Goodell I might watch again, but the new commissioner will probably be a flaming asshole too. A LeBron James type of asshole. Fuck 'em, I don't watch...period.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started watching tonight’s game in the middle of the 3rd quarter so I missed the bs before the game and the halftime crap.

I used to be a crazy football watcher, but with the kneeling and the woke bs I haven’t watched much, but I do enjoy sports betting so I watch a game every now and then for that.

I guess my biggest gripe of that 3rd and 4th quarter is the refs making a bs holding call with a minute or 2 left. Again, I don’t really care who wins but I think that was a terrible call in that situation I think you need to let them play unless it’s something egregious

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much hype. Too much $$$, both with grossly overpaid players and to attend, eat, drink or buy souvenirs. And too many thugs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Call me a Hater but...I think we can all agree it's DEFINIETLY lacking certain contemporary priorities! Razz

Diversity
Inclusion
Equity

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I hate that you can’t get away from it because half the people you run into will inevitably ask, “Who ya think’ll win?!” There’s no being polite with a majority of them because they won’t take, “I don’t fucking care” at face value.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I finished HS in Green Bay. I saw a shitload of home games and loved pro football until about 4 years ago. I gave every piece of my nfl gear to the second hand stores last year.

What don’t I like?

1. The games feel rigged to me. To many phantom penalties, especially towards the end of the games.
2. Guys jumping around and showing off after nearly every play.
3. Constant delays for commercials, reviews, injuries.
4. Thugs. Too much negative news about player’s behavior.

I doubt I’ll ever come back.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The Super Bowl was on yesterday?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

Never gets old. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need more diversity and inclusion in the nfl. Trans and handicapable people are under represented on the teams. I can't wait for the first obese trans person to take the field. That will be "stunning and brave". Until then:
No
Fucking
Longer
will I watch this colonizing white priviledged racist global warming causing sport worshiped by Trump supporting homophobes.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Watch a bunch of undereducated, overpaid felons beat the crap out of each other?

No...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:

Actually, I was unaware of it until I saw some dialog about it here in SIGforum. I do not watch TV, I do not have any friends / acquaintances who watch or talk about football, so it might as well be on another planet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I find football boring. 3.5 to 4 hours and maybe 12-15 minutes of actual play. My mind wanders between plays so I quit watching. Been many years since Ive seen a Super Bowl, even longer for a regular game.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Actually, I was unaware of it until I saw some dialog about it here in SIGforum. I do not watch TV, I do not have any friends / acquaintances who watch or talk about football, so it might as well be on another planet.

In fairness I'm with Bcereuss on this one. I don't have to watch TV or be in tune with sports to realize the date. The Olympics aren't watched or followed in my house, but I don't fake surprise that they occur every two/four years in an attempt to make a statement that "I don't watch that".

Super Bowl happens every year around this time give or take a week or so. Been that way for 50 some odd years.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
I understand your point, but, and this may come as a shock to you: As somebody who doesn't give a rats ass (*) about pro sports, myself, I only suspected it was happening soon because they kept talking about it, ad nauseam, on the local nightly "news" (**).

So when, in another thread, para answered, in response to somebody else question, "I don't know. When is it?", I actually had to search on it. That's when I discovered it was Sunday. Otherwise I really would not have known.

(*) A bit of an understatement. I actually pretty much detest pro sports and generally regard obsession with them as an unhealthy addiction.
(**) Why they can't keep that crap to the sports segment I don't know.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post