SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What you hate about the Super Bowl
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What you hate about the Super Bowl Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I seriously thought it was next Sunday.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I couldn't care less about football. Got home from work late last night after an afternoon dealing with a house fire in a multi-unit dwelling and then a vehicle pursuit that turned into a foot pursuit and ultimately hours standing perimeter while the K9 guys did their thing. I was not in the mood to go anywhere, but my wife talked me into going to her brother's for their superbowl party after our evening walk.

Got there just in time for the nasty half-time show, and I made it about 10 minutes into the second half before I'd had enough and walked home and went to bed.

On the upside, we did get to see starlink fly (orbit?) overhead while we were out walking, which was kinda interesting...I'd never seen it before.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Actually, I was unaware of it until I saw some dialog about it here in SIGforum. I do not watch TV, I do not have any friends / acquaintances who watch or talk about football, so it might as well be on another planet.
In fairness I'm with Bcereuss on this one.
Bcereuss did the rolleye in response to a sarcastic comment. I was not being sarcastic; I was actually unaware of the Super Bowl date.
quote:
Super Bowl happens every year around this time give or take a week or so. Been that way for 50 some odd years.
Again, I was serious when I said that I had been unaware of it. I have a shiny new nickel that I'm willing to bet, that I'm not the only one who does not remember the recurring date of something that is not in his / her sphere of interest.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I knew it was around this time, but didn't confirm it was actually yesterday until the day before!

If you've cut the cord and aren't watching TV (and all the associated commercials!), or the 'Nightly News', and you gave up on the NFL when they started kneeling/outwardly hating our country, how would you know? I only became aware that the playoffs were underway due to Black92LX's 'Who Dey' thread. The only reason I did find out was because I went grocery shopping with my wife and saw all the end cap displays for the 'Big Game'! I asked my wife when it was and the only reason she knew was because of the Super Bowl pools that had been circulating in her office.

I used to be a Giants fan, so it was good to hear that the Eagles lost! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a shiny new nickel that I'm willing to bet, that I'm not the only one who does not remember the recurring date of something that is not in his / her sphere of interest.
And you'd win.

I know "amateur" and pro throwing-eggball bowl games occur early in the year. Which is which and when they occur is of so little interest to me that, if pressed, I honestly couldn't say, with any certainty, which is which and when they occur.

Those who follow such things diligently seem to find this a totally alien concept. Particularly, it seems, the watching-eggball-throwing fans?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I do like watching football games (game part).
I watched the Super Bowl but did not watch any of halftime or pretend to be entertained by Super Bowl Commercials.
So the SB sans commercials and halftime entertainment is fine with me.
Also since the Cowboys weren't in it, I watched no post-game either.
I am also one who loved watching Tom Brady play and No-Brady-SB only makes for malcontent.
When you just concentrate on the competition part, avoid the political mess ~ it can be watchable, IMO.
Unfortunately, Basketball is not possible for me.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
None of the other channels or networks want to compete with it so they all show reruns. Hey, not all of us want to watch it so show something worth watching.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Once the NFL (and especially the TN Titans with their BS "video message on hate") let me know in no uncertain terms a few years ago that they didn't want my dirty white man money, I haven't watched a game since, and I never will.

And honestly, I didn't know until Friday that it was this weekend, I thought it was next weekend.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I knew it was Sunday simply because the Puppy Bowl was Sunday and it's always on the same day as the Super Bowl.

I've never watched the Super Bowl.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
None of the other channels or networks want to compete with it so they all show reruns. Hey, not all of us want to watch it so show something worth watching.
That's why God gave us such things as streaming services, DVD/BD players and discs, books, gyms, shooting ranges, the great outdoors, etc. Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I seriously thought it was next Sunday.

We thought it was the Sunday prior. Big Grin

I've arrived at a place beyond neutrality, just complete apathy to the whole thing. Not my circus, not my monkeys. People like it and that's fine for them, I won't engage in "stop liking what I don't like!" Just whatever, man. Razz

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I didn’t watch it, haven’t since Elway quarterbacked for the Broncos in Super Bowls in the 80s.

Some of the fellows at Penny’s Diner said the only way to watch it here in Jerkwater was on a station broadcasting in Español.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So they had an all female flyover at the Super Bowel.

Now all they have to do is an all female engineering team for a bridge.

Nevermind...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The main thing wrong is that it is football game.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Packers vs.Cowboys the Ice Bowl. NFL championship. The rivalry and the weather. No domed stadium back then.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The only thing I dislike is when people try to engage in conversation about their sportsball men and I politely tell them I do not follow sportsball in the least and they continue on with their diarrhea of the mouth any way.
From now on I'll just say, "I don't participate in your childish cuck fantasy where you worship men more achieved than yourself. STFU about it already".
Other than that I love the light traffic and open mtb trails on my Sunday off.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
"What you hate about the Super Bowl"

For me it's a simple answer; its part of the NFL and I have no use whatsoever for the NFL after the Krapanickle stunt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Personally I hate extremist sports fans and extremist sports haters alike and the Super Bowl brings both out like no other event. Liking sports or hating it doesn’t make you cool or special. I watch fans at games get into arguments and fights over it and it seems so stupid to me. Most of those people have nothing invested in the team other than their emotions. Being a fan is fine I just don’t understand extremists. I saw idiots on TV in Philly flipping cars before the damn game even started.

But they are no less stupid than the extremist haters who feel the need to childishly insult anything and everything related to sports. You hate sports and it annoys you when someone tries to talk to you about it? Yeah, that’s what normal people think about you when you say things like “sportsball”. They are two sides of the exact same coin. It’s fine to hate sports, but again, I don’t understand the extremists.

A few years ago I made the mistake of buying a Cleveland Indians hat. I don’t follow MLB at all and never have, I’ve never even seen an entire game on TV, but the hat looked cool. I ended up throwing it away after too many fans of the Indians approached me wanting to talk about them, fans of other teams made comments about how the Indians suck, and when several extremist sports haters approached me trying to tell me how much they didn’t know like it was some badge of honor or something.

I got tired of explaining that I didn’t know shit about the Indians or MLB in general and just wanted to wear the hat.

ETA: I totally understand why people hate the NFL. They deserve the hatred for their leftist shit. That’s different than hating all sports to me. I don’t know why people don’t hate the leftist MLB and NHL too and why there are often threads about both organizations that don’t get anywhere close to the amount of people popping in to shit on them. I guess they aren’t leftist enough yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What you hate about the Super Bowl
Better to ask what I like about it. That would be a much shorter list.

I love the fact that it is so easy to go grocery shopping, get a haircut or just drive around on the Sunday afternoon before Super Bowl.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The main thing wrong is that it is football game.

^^^^^^
Are you a Rice graduate??

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post