SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anxiety/depression…it can be soul crushing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anxiety/depression…it can be soul crushing Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Fellow forum members,

As the OP of this thread, I’d like to say thank you for the PM’s and support. I’m not one who easily asks for help, much less willingly accepts it, but you’ve made me realize that I am not alone and that there are many of us out there who just do their best to get through to the next day…sometimes the next hour.

I’m working thru the VA to begin talking to someone and I’ve shared a bit of what’s going on with me with my girlfriend. It does sometimes help to talk shit out, although most times I don’t want to talk about anything, I just want to press on.

I do tend to cut open a vein from time-to-time here, it really is a ‘safe place’ for me to vent and rant a bit, and I do not exaggerate when I tell you the the feedback and online friendships I’ve experienced here have in many ways helped me more than any conversations I could have with people in my own f’ed up circle of family here.

Thanks Para for providing this outlet.

All for now…

J

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
As a coda, let me suggest getting Professor Jordan Peterson’s books 12 Rules for Life, An Antidote to Chaos and Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life in audiobook format, and simply listen to him explain a great deal of why people are depressive. He also posits challenges to undertake to reassert order in your life.

I am very grateful to Para for mentioning him.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post