SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Captain Obvious Observation of the Day
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Obvious Observation of the Day Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
“I’m the King of my castle!” (I loved the Honeymooners!)

Looks like a good place for a caddyshack clip!
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm the boss, and I wear the pants!

And I have my wifes permission to say so. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Being right has very little to do with the outcome when disagreeing with your spouse.

How many times have you figured that out? Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Compromise is always the answer.

We compromise. We do it her way. Wink

Big Grin

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/9y2Yr1wxRzo" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That stuff is So good. Just love it. Gleason, Meadows and Carney were priceless.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
You can be right, or you can be happy.

If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.

Don't forget Happy wife, happy life!

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Newlyweds on their wedding night:

Husband takes of his pants and says to his new bride, "put these on."

She says "I can't wear your pants."

He replies "And don't you forget it."

A couple of minutes later, she takes of her panties and says, "Put these on."

He laughs and says "I can't get into your panties."

She retorts "And you won't either, unless your attitude changes!"

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
It's threads like these that remind me I'm lucky beyond everything to have found and married the woman who became my lifetime mate.

Thank you, God.

Amen brother. 42 years of experience here and wouldn't change a thing.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a direct quote, but close enough from the show Rules of Engagement:

Jeff Bingham advice to Adam: Audrey wanted a cat. I didn't want a cat. I'm allergic. So we compromised, and got a cat.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, a young couple (early 20s) were going to get married on the same day of the month as my wife and I 34th wedding anniversary. He asked me for advice as to how we’ve stayed together.

I replied:

2 Rules for happy marriage;
Rule #1—the wife is always right;
Rule #2–when the wife is wrong, refer to rule #1.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
A couple of years ago, a young couple (early 20s) were going to get married on the same day of the month as my wife and I 34th wedding anniversary. He asked me for advice as to how we’ve stayed together.

I replied:

2 Rules for happy marriage;
Rule #1—the wife is always right;
Rule #2–when the wife is wrong, refer to rule #1.

Yeah, but that's not the way a good marriage should work.

It should be 50/50, not one way.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Best advice: Figure out what hills and strongpoints you're ready to die for, and disregard all the rest of the BS.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
After 25 yers of marriage I finally realized it's best to carefully choose your battles....

after 35 I realized.... you just don't........

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bad habit of trying to reason rationally with irrational people. Women are emotional creatures and they tend to adjust facts and logic to conform with their "feelings".

Past couple years with more than one potential relationship, I swear I am Jordan Peterson in one of his interviews with a hostile woman:

- "No I did not actually say that, you are projecting my response based on your assumptions and biases".

- "I am very direct and specific in what I say, if I did not say it there is no 'hidden meaning' or 'indirect communication' happening that you have to try to interpret".

Despite this the projection continues, and I keep getting told what I will do, how I will react, or what I really meant/thought/felt.

- "No, that is incorrect, this was my thought/meaning/feeling, and I am the only one that can know this. No one in the world that is not a mind reader has any place to tell me differently. If you ask me about me, listen and accept what I tell you".

Once you can see this stuff in real time (it took time for me to realize it, esp. with my ex wife) you can call it out as it happens. My ex would always twist things around and blame me for everything, even when she had full input and agreement and the decision was mutual. If something went wrong or not as we thought it would (such is life) "I only did this because it was what you wanted". And so on.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This is from a few years ago but it is time less.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
This is from a few years ago but it is time less.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

I think I've had that argument a few times.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryanp225's wife must have seen his comments...

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Ryanp225's wife must have seen his comments...

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Says the betas.
If my significant other was to participate in this thread she'd laugh and wonder what quality of woman would possibly be attracted to such a sub male.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Says the betas.
If my significant other was to participate in this thread she'd laugh and wonder what quality of woman would possibly be attracted to such a sub male.

Now he's not only insulting us, he's insulting our womenfolk too! What a badass!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post