SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Captain Obvious Observation of the Day
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Obvious Observation of the Day Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Being right has very little to do with the outcome when disagreeing with your spouse.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15226 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
So true! Roll Eyes

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You can be right, or you can be happy.

If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm the king of the castle and not an underling to any woman. I feel sorry for "men" who choose to live that way.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a single guy.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'm the king of the castle and not an underling to any woman. I feel sorry for "men" who choose to live that way.

Bullshit Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

Bullshit Smile

No bullshit, brother. Just remember that you are the prize and the one who brings value to the table in the relationship. You deserve the respect and appreciation for that.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

HAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem...

I mean...

"Good for you!"

I'm not an "underling" either, but I'm also a little more realistic about our relationship after 47 years.

Posts: 15226 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Compromise is always the answer.

We compromise. We do it her way. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

HAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem...

I mean...

"Good for you!"

I'm not an "underling" either, but I'm also a little more realistic about our relationship after 47 years.

It saddens me that you think this is funny or that my being in control of the frame of my life seems unrealistic or unobtainable to you.
I just hope that our younger generation of boys get mentored by those who would teach them self respect and self worth.

posted Hide Post
Divorced 3X. Its good to be the king!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan you are half right. No man should be an underling to any woman in a marriage or relationship. But you seem to say the woman should be an underling to the man? I can't agree with that. Or am I misreading you?

BTW - since you have made these fairly strong posts, do you mind telling us if you are married and for how long? I hope this does not come across as disrespectful, but I am curious.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Or as explained to me about year 2 of our marriage "Yes your way may be the BEST way, but it is not the ONLY way!" This has served me well.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

It saddens me that you think this is funny or that my being in control of the frame of my life seems unrealistic or unobtainable to you.
I just hope that our younger generation of boys get mentored by those who would teach them self respect and self worth.

I don't think it's funny, I think you're funny. Or deluding yourself.

But hey, if it works for you, and you're actually married, and she puts up with it...

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
There are really only two ways of reasoning with your wife...

And neither one of them works.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Compromise is always the answer.

We compromise. We do it her way. Wink

What's mine is yours, and what's yours...is yours.
Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15308 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
BTW - since you have made these fairly strong posts, do you mind telling us if you are married and for how long? I hope this does not come across as disrespectful, but I am curious.

Don’t worry about seeming to be disrespectful. After all, you have “self respect and self worth” in your corner!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
Ryan you are half right. No man should be an underling to any woman in a marriage or relationship. But you seem to say the woman should be an underling to the man? I can't agree with that. Or am I misreading you?

He's just getting permission to reply from the wife

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It's threads like these that remind me I'm lucky beyond everything to have found and married the woman who became my lifetime mate.

Thank you, God.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post