SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever*** Login/Join 
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
To the top for May viewers

Posts: 5102 | Location: troy.ohio.USA | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump for June.

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robinator
posted Hide Post
My X5 All Round 9mm, has just turned two years old and has shot approximately 8900 home load rounds (loaded to +P, 140 PF). I have replaced the internal extractor twice (was getting FTE's) but have not replaced anything else. I have read that recoil springs (for standard 226's) should be replaced at 5000 rounds but no mention of the x series of guns. Was going to replace the recoil spring at 10K rounds, any other suggestions? Cheers Rob

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
To the top for July viewers -

Posts: 5102 | Location: troy.ohio.USA | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
BTT

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
Up for August viewing -

Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the valuable info

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robinator
posted Hide Post
While its up here anyone know the answer to my questions?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I've never seen any information relating specifically to the X-series SIGs, Robinator. My suggestion, though, would be to replace them every 5000 rounds, especially if you shoot the gun a lot and want it to last a long time. Recoil springs lose strength just from being used, regardless of the recoil force.

If live someplace where parts and guns are expensive and scarce, I believe conservative preventative maintenance is even more important.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robinator
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sigfreund, will order a spring kit for it, it just gone about 10K rounds now. There was no mention of replacement for the sear spring, but have ordered one anywayWe have put one og GerryR QRT kits in it as well and is being fine tuned at the moment. We also dropped a short reach trigger in it which helped GerryR kit as well. Got a state comp coming up soon so hopefully will be all good. Cheers.

The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
To the top for pre-Labor Day viewing

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Almost off the first page.

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
BTTT

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Bump,
At how many rounds should I completely strip and detail clean?

Thanks for the great thread!

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robinator
posted Hide Post
The new recoil spring has made a huge difference, the gun sits nice in the hand now during recoil. I dont think you will find a certain round count to do a detail strip. It will depend on what ammo you use and how much gunk is built up inside. Once you know how to detail strip you can strip clean and re-assemble in about 30 minutes. Cheers

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Mid October BOOOO, err bump.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
A Halloween Bump in preparation for November !!!

posted Hide Post
Cyber Monday bump for December!

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 90 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
Up for December viewing

Picture of SigSemperTyrannis
posted Hide Post
2011 bump

Posts: 205 | Location: Virginia | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post