SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any word on a video for the 2340?
Really looking foward to it.
Thanks

Posts: 1549 | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbod153:
Thanks

It should be available in about three weeks (maybe sooner). Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom01:
quote:
Originally posted by pbod153:
Thanks

It should be available in about three weeks (maybe sooner). Thanks.

Excellent!
Thnaks

Posts: 1549 | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I just stripped my p226 down to the frame, and am sending a few parts off to Brad at CCR for refinishing. Sure the pistol comes apart easily, but getting it back together might be another story. I just want to make certain that this DVD will enable me, with a slightly above average mechanical ability, to get this pistol together from the frame up. I've already ordered it from Brownells, so I guess I'm just looking for reassurance here.
Thanks

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
I'm not tellin' you this to brag about the DVD, but there have been lots of people here who have stripped and reassembled their SIGs with the aid of our DVD and thought is was relatively simple.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Like I said, taking it down was easy, but since it's going to be at Brads for a few weeks, it's more than likely I'll forget a thing or two. With the DVD I'm certain I'll get it together right away. Thanks.

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[available from where?I e-mailed Brownells and they e-mailed back : we don't have that particular dvd,I'm sure as they become available we will have them.Does'nt sound like they know much about this Dvd. any info apprec.thanks.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

It should be available in about three weeks (maybe sooner). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 22 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TBoliv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Like I said, taking it down was easy, but since it's going to be at Brads for a few weeks, it's more than likely I'll forget a thing or two. With the DVD I'm certain I'll get it together right away. Thanks.

The hammer assembly scared the crap out of me to look at. Finally bit the bullet, popped in the DVD, watched Chris reassemble the sear a couple times, then followed along. Took a couple tries but it ended up being pretty easy. I've done it a few times now, and can at this point put it back together without having to follow along with Chris. The DVD is awesome Smile By no means makes me a certified armorer, but it allows me to be able to strip down and thoroughly clean my pistols without having to pay a gunsmith to do it.

-------------------------
You will respect my authoritah!

"I wanna go fast!" - Ricky Bobby

Posts: 2233 | Location: Tustin, Orange County, CA | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
That's exactly where I was thinking I'm going to get jammed up. I guess we'll see in a few weeks when I get my parts back from Brad.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patriotjjt:
Does'nt sound like they know much about this Dvd.

They don't because it isn't completed. No guarantee that they will stock it, but I'm hoping they will. I'm also hoping that Top Gun Supply finds it worthwhile to stock. It will also be available direct; email cwweapons@comcast.net for info. Thanks!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Chris,
I just got the DVD today from Brownells. Now I can't wait to get my refinished parts back from Brad, it's going to go together quite nicely. Thanks for the great video.
Tony

posted Hide Post
Will this dvd show how to convert the 2022 from DA/SA to DAO?
thanks

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jab-law:
Will this dvd show how to convert the 2022 from DA/SA to DAO?
thanks

No, this DVD doesn't address the Sig Pro line. Our new DVD, hopefully available in a month or so, will cover the Sig Pros.

In order to make the conversion you'll need a DAO fire control unit. After removing the grip, pulling down the trigger bar pusher and spring and rotating the assembly off the right side of the frame, the FCU may be removed by pushing out two pins that hold it in the frame and lifting the fcu up and out of the frame.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
They don't because it isn't completed. No guarantee that they will stock it, but I'm hoping they will. I'm also hoping that Top Gun Supply finds it worthwhile to stock. It will also be available direct; email cwweapons@comcast.net for info. Thanks!

We will be stocking the new DVD.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davemu
posted Hide Post
Confused I bought the dvd and it came today but I got a bad disc and it will not play.
Anyone else have a problem?
I will be calling Brownells tomorrow to try to get this exchanged.

Man I hate waiting. When I finally order something I want it yesterday......

Posts: 411 | Location: Utah | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drmuhlestein:
Confused I bought the dvd and it came today but I got a bad disc and it will not play.
Anyone else have a problem?
I will be calling Brownells tomorrow to try to get this exchanged.

Man I hate waiting. When I finally order something I want it yesterday......

drmuhlestein,

Does your DVD not play at all? Do you have another DVD player you can try it on? Let me know.

Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
drmuhlestein,

I replied to your email.

Thanks.

-Chris

Picture of davemu
posted Hide Post
How lucky am I???

Chris lives in the same city I do.
We met at a local shop and gave me a new copy.

Thanks Chris!! Razz

Posts: 411 | Location: Utah | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
You bet!

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom01:
You bet!

I ordered a copy today from Brownells, in anticipation of my new X-Five. Does the DVD movie include popcorn? Big Grin

Posts: 35 | Registered: November 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post