SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Picture of Support4Firearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
I just stripped my p226 down to the frame, and am sending a few parts off to Brad at CCR for refinishing. Sure the pistol comes apart easily, but getting it back together might be another story. I just want to make certain that this DVD will enable me, with a slightly above average mechanical ability, to get this pistol together from the frame up. I've already ordered it from Brownells, so I guess I'm just looking for reassurance here.
Thanks

"APF" ........... go slowly. Review the video BEFORE you yank the pistol apart, then review it again. The third time will click and when re-assembly time comes, even the vague portions will seem familiar. Trust me (why, I don't know!) --- I have NEVER been one to destroy, er...., rather disassemble my firearms aside from cleaning etc.. HOWEVER, as my post above mentions, I did so on my 239 and it went like clock-work.

I'm sure even with the lag as parts are off to CCR, when they return THIS VIDEO AND THE ENCOURAGING TONE OF CHRIS' VOICE WILL HAVE YOU MELLOW IN NO TIME! No "BS" .... just facts. He IS great - in duplicate! Cool

Posts: 3114 | Location: "Back In New Mexico" | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it, and it's excellent.

I've been meaning to come back and say that! Smile

-- Thinking without speaking is like aiming without shooting. --

Posts: 84 | Registered: December 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usdiver:
I've just received my dvd from the states and got it from ebay.
Is it possible someone with a copy bought from brownells can get with me and tell me if your copy looks like a properly manufactured copy or a pirated copy...cause mine has no bar code, no codes on the dvd, it just says VERBATIM and DVD-R 8X which seems like a pirated copy. Thanks.

I got mine from Brownells and it's also a Verbatim DVD-ROM. I guess there's not enough sales to warrant high volume DVD manufacturing.

Just noticed this question and didn't see any responses. So now there's at least one. Smile

-- Thinking without speaking is like aiming without shooting. --

Posts: 84 | Registered: December 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tekhedd:
quote:
Originally posted by usdiver:
I've just received my dvd from the states and got it from ebay.
Is it possible someone with a copy bought from brownells can get with me and tell me if your copy looks like a properly manufactured copy or a pirated copy...cause mine has no bar code, no codes on the dvd, it just says VERBATIM and DVD-R 8X which seems like a pirated copy. Thanks.

I got mine from Brownells and it's also a Verbatim DVD-ROM. I guess there's not enough sales to warrant high volume DVD manufacturing.

Just noticed this question and didn't see any responses. So now there's at least one. Smile

The newer versions of the DVD come in cellophane wrapping. Smile

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of novell
posted Hide Post
Just got it, excellent DVD.

Poor grammar makes me [sic]

Posts: 399 | Location: Washington | Registered: December 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has left the
building
posted Hide Post
Just reveived my Sig Armorer DVD from Brownells today and it is excellent!!! This is a must have for the Sig pistol owner.

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my DVD from TGS today...I seriously learned more in 15 minutes watching that video than I would have been able to figure out in 6 months on my own!

A sincere thank you to Chris for producing an outstanding resource to the community. You sure make changing the mainspring look easy! I can only hope to have such luck when I attempt to change mine. Smile

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder

Posts: 55 | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments folks. Chris and I are glad you found the DVD to be of benefit.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woodford Reserve
Quality Tester

Picture of sggy
posted Hide Post
My DVD (from Brownells) arrived today. It's the first, and will probably be the best, tool in my Sig kit.

Thanks Chris and Chris!

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
Teddy Roosevelt, San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903

Posts: 587 | Location: KY | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolvdog229
posted Hide Post
Yeah I think somebody stole my copy of the DVD I got in a packaged deal lmao. EVERYBODY was eyeing it. I loved it, bro loved it and in a month or so ima switch out some parts. I might have to reorder it, and maybe a few more if this one doesnt show up lol

Glock 30 4th generation

Posts: 959 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sggy:
My DVD (from Brownells) arrived today. It's the first, and will probably be the best, tool in my Sig kit.

Thanks Chris and Chris!

Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Erich505
posted Hide Post
I got DVD from TGS yesterday. I glanced through a couple of chapters at lunch and was able to reassemble my P232 - I'd thought it would require help from my friend with better tools, but I was able to do it just fine with what I had at home . . . thanks to the proper know-how. I am so thrilled with this purchase! Thanks, Chris!

Posts: 186 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico USA | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erich505:
I got DVD from TGS yesterday. I glanced through a couple of chapters at lunch and was able to reassemble my P232 - I'd thought it would require help from my friend with better tools, but I was able to do it just fine with what I had at home . . . thanks to the proper know-how. I am so thrilled with this purchase! Thanks, Chris!

On behalf of Chris O. and me, thank you!

Picture of Erich505
posted Hide Post
Man, Tom, with the great product and pricing that you have, you're going to be hearing from a lot of my friends. Thanks a ton! Big Grin

Posts: 186 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico USA | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSauer_P225
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris (& Chris),
Posted my check today. Excitied about having the DVD for my new/old P-6/P225 pistolie.

David

"God Bless America, our Republic. The Constitution is Written in Stone."

Posts: 737 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauer_P225:
Hey Chris (& Chris),
Posted my check today. Excitied about having the DVD for my new/old P-6/P225 pistolie.

David

Thanks, David!

I'll let you know when it arrives.

posted Hide Post
I got the Sig Sauer Armorer’s Courses one and two DVD's today.
I found them to be disappointing.
They were so interesting that I forgot to eat my popcorn and drink my ice tea while watching them.
My popcorn got cold and my ice melted.
Dang, I hate cold popcorn and tepid watery tea.
Very disappointing. Smile

Great DVD’s

"It is easier to fight against a loss than to ever get it back after you lose it. " Joe Nava

Posts: 409 | Location: Southern Kansas | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSauer_P225
posted Hide Post
Received my "Sig Sauer Armorer's Course" DVD this afternoon.

Good video and excellent commentary on disassembly/reassembly of the pistol and great lube info.

Well worth the $$. Thanks guys!!

"God Bless America, our Republic. The Constitution is Written in Stone."

Posts: 737 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1991gulfwarvet
posted Hide Post
I wanted to thank you for a fantastic dvd.
the step by step breakdown and reassembly was very easy to follow and i feel confident i can now replace my own parts if needed.
i purchased my dvd from topgun.com

Erik M. Asher
Desert Storm Army Veteran 13M (MLRS)
FL State Correctional Officer
SIG P220

Posts: 65 | Location: City of Wewahitchka, Gulf county FL | Registered: April 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot guys. Chris and I are glad you found our DVD helpful.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post