SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Picture of Blinky
posted Hide Post
I just received my video from Brownells Friday.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It would have been nice if they (whomever they are) took the time to apply the label to the DVD properly. It's only a minor irritant, but doesn't seem to reflect the quality that everyone else has been mentioning here.

I'm sure the substance of the DVD is just as I expect.

Posts: 75 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blinky:

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It would have been nice if they (whomever they are) took the time to apply the label to the DVD properly. It's only a minor irritant, but doesn't seem to reflect the quality that everyone else has been mentioning here.

Since you mentioned the quality of the media itself ... mine arrived (from Chris) loose in the DVD holder ... hence it rattled to and fro, and the entire DVD surface was scratched. I was surprised as to the extent of the scratching. It must have also been bad handling prior to packaging. It still worked w/o a problem, but it was really scratched up none-the-less. I didn't complain at the time, but if you read this Chris, you do want to handle the DVDs better prior to your customers receiving them.

The content of the DVD was outstanding. I wish I bought it prior to purchasing my SIGs.

George

You can never have enough ammo .... oops, I mean clamps (Woodworkers joke)

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeM:
quote:
Originally posted by Blinky:

Since you mentioned the quality of the media itself ... mine arrived (from Chris) loose in the DVD holder ... hence it rattled to and fro, and the entire DVD surface was scratched. I was surprised as to the extent of the scratching. It must have also been bad handling prior to packaging. It still worked w/o a problem, but it was really scratched up none-the-less. I didn't complain at the time, but if you read this Chris, you do want to handle the DVDs better prior to your customers receiving them.

The content of the DVD was outstanding. I wish I bought it prior to purchasing my SIGs.

George

Blinky and GeorgeM,

Thanks for the feedback on the DVD labels and packaging. We try hard to make sure our customers are happy with their DVD. I take care of the packaging and I can assure you the DVDs are secured in the case prior to shipping. Apparently a few DVDs dislodge from their cases in transit and subsequently rattle around. In the future I will look at other packaging (DVD case) options to minimize the chances of it occuring. Again, I appreciate you letting me know. Thanks for your business!

-Chris

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blinky
posted Hide Post
No problem.

It's the care that you put into the work that makes it a quality product.

Thanks for your hard work. Smile

Posts: 75 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Probably all you have to do if you are using a plastic case to ship, is use a piece of tape and tape the DVD to the case in two corners to keeping it from coming loose, Just my 2 cents Smile

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
Probably all you have to do if you are using a plastic case to ship, is use a piece of tape and tape the DVD to the case in two corners to keeping it from coming loose, Just my 2 cents Smile

Great idea! Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom01:
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:

Great idea! Thanks.

That means I'm getting the video for free??LOL had to try that one. I had received many DVD's in that same condition, Looks like the mail people just trow them around

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blinky
posted Hide Post
Alright, I just finished the 226 disassembly and reassembly.

Awesome!

Thanks Chris and Chris for this wonderful product. Very well done.

posted Hide Post
Just got my replacement DVD yesterday from Brownells. They paid for the shipping this time, and I have to return original DVD to get credited.

When I played the DVD on my PC, after a while, it would pause every 3 seconds. Very disappointing, but then tried it in my DVD for the TV and it worked perfectly.

This DVD might cost me more $$$ as the USPS person left my full glass storm door flapping in the wind which bent & broke the door "shocks". Just amazing.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch the video three times. Fell asleep the first two times. I have to stop watching while laying on the couch. The third time, I took my own P220ST apart pausing at appropriate areas of detail.
Excellent video!
Although the detail is visually lacking in regards to the safty interlock & sear area. The parts are all black, thus little contrast. Chris verbally explained this very well.
The P220ST is different in this area than a P220. Be care full of how it goes together and be aware that there is a small spring there also.
I did not remove the firing pin itself since I did not have a replacment firing pin positioning pin handy. Maybe next time.
As others have said, worth every penny!

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
Although the detail is visually lacking in regards to the safty interlock & sear area. The parts are all black, thus little contrast. Chris verbally explained this very well.

I'll admit that there are a few moments when it's hard to see the internals, but like you said, Chris effectively explains things very well so the viewer knows what's going on. It's obvious in the DVD that Chris knows SIGs like the back of his hand.

posted Hide Post
Hey Tom01,

I just sent Chris an email about this too but I will also post here. I own a DVD manufacturing comapny. I could help you with the labels and the packaging. Shipping DVD individal amaray cases can be a hassle. I would love to give you some tips and suggestions to help you solve these issues. Just let me know.

My company is call Triple Disc. You can email me at sales ( At ) Tripledisc dot com or call me a 800-414-7564.

PS Great product keep up the good work.

Posts: 2606 | Location: Fred, VA | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rahoorkhuit
posted Hide Post
just got my copy in the mail today.
incredibly informative... cheap at twice the price.
Great job Chris..
Thanks to everyone involved in making this dvd available.

"give me slack or give me death (or food)"

93 93/93

Posts: 971 | Location: MS Gulf Coast | Registered: November 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rahoorkhuit:
just got my copy in the mail today.
incredibly informative... cheap at twice the price.
Great job Chris..
Thanks to everyone involved in making this dvd available.

From Chris O. and me, thank you!

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I ordered my instructional DVD from TopGun Supply. It is well worth the $21.95 I paid. I particularly like that Chris doesn't just dissasemble something, he immediately shows you how to put it back together before proceeding further. Also, how long does it take Chris to do the short trigger swap - about two minutes! Great video guys. Thank you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Great video guys. Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
Fell asleep the first two times. I have to stop watching while laying on the couch.

Even though I have an intense interest in the Armorer's video, I started to fall asleep a couple times too. Red Face

What I found works best, is start to disassemble your pistol before watching the video, then when you think you've just screwed something up, or can't figure out how to get the doo-dad back in right, quickly run back and start watching the video to find our what you did wrong! Eek Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's specifically listed as being for a sig pro. Are the internals close enough to be beneficially anyway? Thanks.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdbynum:
I don't think it's specifically listed as being for a sig pro. Are the internals close enough to be beneficially anyway? Thanks.

That's correct... our DVD doesn't cover the Sigpro. I'm not familiar enough with the Pro to say if there's any commonality in parts with the Classic line. My guess is that there's not much in common.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom01:
That's correct... our DVD doesn't cover the Sigpro. I'm not familiar enough with the Pro to say if there's any commonality in parts with the Classic line. My guess is that there's not much in common.

Thanks for the response. Any plans to make a sigpro version?

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post