SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there are any plans to make a video with the SAO and DAK on it? I just picked up a 220 Carry SAO (well, its still at the FFL waiting on my permit). I thought about just trying to take it apart myself and see how it goes, but I really don't want to screw anything up and would prefer to watch something first.

--------------------------------------
P229R
P220
P220ST
P220ST Nitron
Mosquito Reverse TT

Posts: 324 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: December 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent DVD, Chris. It is one of the very best I have seen, and I've seen at least 20 others. The only one I have found equal to yours is "Making Glocks Rock." The Instructor there also has an ingenious tool for disassembly. Rather than a wood bench block with a hole, he uses a roll of masking tape to rest the frame or slide on.

Posts: 36 | Registered: June 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Got my DVD, I detailed stripped my 226 tonight and put it back together with no extra parts.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
Just finished using this video for the umpteenth time and put a short trigger in my 226. A few months ago I put one in my 228 using this DVD and was so happy with the results I decided to do my 226. of course without the DVD I would not remember how to do it.
If you own a Sig you have to buy this video even if you don't intend to work on your gun. First it is fun to watch and second the day you are cleaning your gun and a spring or pin pops out from somewhere you will be sending me thank you notes for suggesting you buy it.
Now if I could only convince the authors to make a DVD on the AR15. A AR15 customizing DVD would also be on my wish list.

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the DVD from Brownells and have just watched it. Excellent set of instructions, well done Chris Big Grin

Just waiting for the Sig tool and a set of punches to arrive from Brownells and I will get to work on the X5.

Incidentially, why will many online suppliers not ship outside the US? Brownells are one of the few who will.

Tom

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ireland | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
On Vol. 1 I see they say 225, but does that include the P6?

From what I gather they are one in the same but I just want to be sure.

Thanks! Smile

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
On Vol. 1 I see they say 225, but does that include the P6?

They're mechanically the same afaik.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched most of the Sig Armorer dvd. Thanks to Chris for clear, easy to understand, explanations.

I'll be watching it more fully over the next few days.

Regards.

C79

Posts: 34 | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to say a big thank you to Chris (and those who helped you) for the #2 version of the Armorer's Course. It gave clear instructions and was easy to follow. I brought my new P2022 home and decided what better time to break the gun down while watching the dvd. I even installed a short trigger while I was at it. I would also like to thank the crew at Top Gun Supply for assistance with an order and working hard to get some answers for me. I think the dvd is a great product and will be quite helpful as I become more familiar with the pistol. Thanks again.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On behalf of Chris W. (who is in Maui btw Wink) and myself, thanks!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kidcoltoutlaw
posted Hide Post
I know I seen a Post on how to take out the P220ST internal extractor but I can't find it. I have looks for hours. Anybody know where it is ,

Thanks,Keith

It's not just a gun it's the symbol of freedom.keith

Posts: 1083 | Location: bluefield va us | Registered: July 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great video!! 2 comments: 1) your right shoulder blocks a crucial point of vital hammer-spring re-insertion procedure! 2) please make us a full 250 and SAO/DAK video as soon as possible--tnx--dmd

Posts: 2800 | Location: miami beach fl | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX35:
Is there not a disassembly for the Sig Pro on there??

http://www.topgunsupply.com/books-dvds-videos/

Posts: 494 | Registered: June 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bps7us2
posted Hide Post
i ordered mine today. i already have agi, but it did not give me the confinence to take my p220 all the way apart. great forum, and cant wait for dvd.thanks.

"keep shooting!"

Posts: 430 | Location: west by god virginia | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bps7us2
posted Hide Post
wow. thanks for a great course. ill be taking my p220st all the way apart soon and replacing springs. it was easy to follow and full of great tricks. agi can be a cup holder for me now. ill be watching with the pause button so i dont miss anything. thanks a bunch.

"keep shooting!"

Posts: 430 | Location: west by god virginia | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
Chris, add me to the list who thanks you for taking the time to do this video. Got mine from TGS and just watched it yesterday. Calling out the correct tools to use let me put my Brownell's order in the next day.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig4hire
posted Hide Post
Chris I bought the DVD from TopGun Supply love it i got a sig sight pusher and the sig armors kit the 225 flew apart like a pro took it apart and put it back together again like i knew what i was doing great DVD!!

si vis pacem, para bellum

Luke 22:36 And he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got a fatal bullet wound.

Posts: 278 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of su20
posted Hide Post
Just got mine from Brownell's yesterday, Excellent! Thanks, Chris.

Posts: 149 | Location: Southeast PA | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it useful Wink

Picture of slowrey
posted Hide Post
Is it still 20 bucks for brownells members? I just checked and it was 25 bucks..

Sincerely,

Sean
sean.lowrey@mmsean.com
-----
***Looking for a Sig P229ST all stainless no beavertail***
Sig P226ST .357 Sig & .40 | 2 - HK P7M8 | HK MP5 22LR | Glock 19 | Colt LE6920MP-B | FN FS2000 | MKE AT94A2

Posts: 680 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post