SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris,

I watched the second video and it was great. I have to admit, I was frustrated when I saw how easy you got the internal extractor our so easily. But that info will help me the next go around. Thanks again.

jd

JD,
Gunsmith awaiting FFL
American Gunsmithing Institute graduate
NRA Member

Posts: 39 | Registered: June 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
I purchase Sig Interactive Armorer Instruction CD for the P239 for a "hand hold" when I swapped triggers to the short and then back to the regular. The interactivity was nice, with rotate, zoom, etc., but the video by Todd McKechnie with verbal commentaries was of even more help.

Even though I only own one Sig, would Chris and others recommend this DVD as a knowledge base type thing for detailed breakdown for cleaning and whatever?

Thanks

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the DVD be available with Midway USA sometime?

Posts: 32 | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weisse52
posted Hide Post
I purchased the DVD to "help" me reassemble my P6. I was very happy with the product and had my pistol back together in no time. I thought, the video was clear and the explanation was excellent.

And, for it's worth, I got mine from Top Gun Supply.

-----------------------------------
"All men should cultivate a fixed and firm determination, and vow that what they once undertake they will never give up."

Posts: 134 | Location: Bountiful Utah | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by meseltine:
Will the DVD be available with Midway USA sometime?

Sorry, it won't be carried by Midway USA.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris, Just ordered Vol. one from brownells. Vol. two is on backorder. I really need this product, the internals on my p220 frighten me...lol

Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I use mine for shooting baby dolphins. It's nice because those bastards don't go down with just one shot.
With a 33 round mag I can get 3 or 4 of them before I have to reload.

Posts: 125 | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a new Sig owner (A P238) wonder if there is a training manual like V1 or 2 for the 238

Thanks

Frank
Kenmore, WA

Frank G
Kenmore, WA

Sig P238 Gambler

Posts: 1 | Location: Kenmore, WA | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chucky222
posted Hide Post
just did trigger cleanup on one of my 229/40s used AIG video & Canneaus Guide. Took about 1.5 hrs being very meticulous/first timer. Instead of stones I used 1000 grit wet/dry sand paper glued to Popsicle stick followed by Flitz.

Piece was a refurb i bought for a back-up, very gritty trigger.

My daily carry piece was a refurb as well but had already been 'cleaned-up' before I got it, didnt know the difference til I bought the second 229.

just an FYI for all the Sig-Bros out there.

Have a wonderful day!

I have some Fire Extinguishers too, hope I never need those either!

Twin Sig 229/40's

Posts: 35 | Location: East Alabama | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
Can anyone link the various videos in the first post? I'm looking for something that might cover the Sig Pros, or are they really intended to be factory "detail stripped" etc?

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frankjg:
I am a new Sig owner (A P238) wonder if there is a training manual like V1 or 2 for the 238

Thanks

Frank
Kenmore, WA

We've not done one. I'm not sure if there's anything out there yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the dvd - brilliant piece of work - already used it to remove the external extractor on my P226SL and give it's innards a good cleaning - would never have figured it out without the dvd.
This will help me keep my gun in tip top shape - especially since there isn't a single SIG armorer where I live.

Well done once again :-)

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cliveb:
Just got the dvd - brilliant piece of work - already used it to remove the external extractor on my P226SL and give it's innards a good cleaning - would never have figured it out without the dvd.
This will help me keep my gun in tip top shape - especially since there isn't a single SIG armorer where I live.

Well done once again :-)

Chris O. and I thank you for your kind words and for purchasing the DVD!

posted Hide Post
I recently bought a P226 X5 Comp. Is the P226 information on the DVD everything I need to know to break it down or will I have to figure out some stuff on my own?

Thanks,
RH

Posts: 7 | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not having held or examined an X5, I can't say for sure. I can't help but think that you might be on your own in an area or two Wink.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris! Knowing in advance that I may be on my own will make me more careful.. Smile

RH

Posts: 7 | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Picked up the video for my 245's 220 Sport, as I want to install the SRT's that I picked up from TGS on the 245's and my 220 Sport (if necessary, don't have it in my hands yet). Thanks and good job.

Best,
Nick.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris and Chris--I only have volume 1 and it is excellent. You guys did a good job of showing dark pieces of the gun without getting them blacked out. Good choice for backgrounds. I also love the way Chris would take something apart the first time, then put it back together and do it again. Very helpful.

You guys did an excellent job on Volume 1. I may get Volume 2 just to prepare me for working on someone else's late model SIG gun.

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe L:
Chris and Chris--I only have volume 1 and it is excellent. You guys did a good job of showing dark pieces of the gun without getting them blacked out. Good choice for backgrounds. I also love the way Chris would take something apart the first time, then put it back together and do it again. Very helpful.

You guys did an excellent job on Volume 1. I may get Volume 2 just to prepare me for working on someone else's late model SIG gun.

Thanks, Joe. Glad you like the DVD.

-Chris

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Got a copy of the video. Excellent job. I can now confidently service my 229 the way it deserves. It's 2 1/2 years old and about 3000 rounds and never been detail cleaned. Bought a bunch of springs fron TG to have on hand.

The only thing is the conflict on grease or oil on the internals. I think I'm gonna lightly grease with the Slip 2000 EWG.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, does the Sig video cover the 226 tach ops? I imagine its the same as the 226.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post