SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
You've got some mighty nice toys, brminpin!

Thanks, as do you and Mrs. ShneaSIG. ;-)

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Marathon GSAR on a perlon strap.

What's the diameter of a GSAR? I forget. Sometime, when I look at the SAR on my wrist, it looks a bit too small to me.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

What's the diameter of a GSAR? I forget. Sometime, when I look at the SAR on my wrist, it looks a bit too small to me.

RMD

I think it's 40mm but it definitely wears smaller. I have 6-3/4" wrist and my 40mm Ball skindiver wears bigger than a the GSAR. I think the dial on the Marathon runs a bit smaller.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:

[/URL]

Wow! That's the thickest bezel I've ever seen...or at least it looks like it in the photo.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seiko Alpinist today. Smile

[/URL]

I prefer the leather strap....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Wow! That's the thickest bezel I've ever seen...or at least it looks like it in the photo.

It's pretty thick but not really the thickest I've seen. In typical Marathon fashion, it's all about function. It's very easy to grip and turn the bezel even with gloves on.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

RMD

I think it's 40mm but it definitely wears smaller. I have 6-3/4" wrist and my 40mm Ball skindiver wears bigger than a the GSAR. I think the dial on the Marathon runs a bit smaller.

Thanks. That's what my SAR runs as well.

I need to get a new bezel insert. My pip is gone and the insert is all scratched up from use.

JAck Alexyon did this one off for me:

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a cool looking SAR.

Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Doxa SUB 1200T Searambler. The silver face of this Doxa was too tempting and I had to add it to my collection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mm6mm6,

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mm6mm6:
Doxa SUB 1200T Searambler. The silver face of this Doxa was too tempting and I had to add it to my collection.

I had one of those for a while. Nice watch, but we just did not bond.

RMD

posted Hide Post
My humble entry of a Citizen eco-drive. Going on 5 years of pretty much daily use, Made a new strap for it this weekend.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sureshot -

Any idea what model that Citizen is? I'm looking for a backup for my 35-year-old Rolex and that one looks good.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a model AT0200-05E, but I think the newer ones have a different #.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! It still shows up with the same number. I actually looked at it previously, and don't like the cloth band or the one-second stopwatch. I prefer a leather band and 1/5-second stopwatches. There's another one on Citizen's website that's very similar to yours with the features I want, I'll have to go back for a closer look.

Dave Truong carries Citizen and highly recommends the brand!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
A change of pace for me...

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Sureshot -

Any idea what model that Citizen is? I'm looking for a backup for my 35-year-old Rolex and that one looks good.

Link to Watch

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Sureshot -

Link to Watch

Yeah, I saw that and don't like the stock band or the 1-second chrono.

FYI, Dave T sells Citizens to SigForum members for 40% off retail, I think, so that makes it about $141 plus Dave's $5 shipping. One helluva lot better than Amazon!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
A change of pace for me...

Nice! One day I will own a Rolex. Just draws too much attention, mainly because it's instantly noticeable, from wandering eyes at work. A retirement gift to self?? Wink

SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Picked this up. Wanted one for a while, Pepsi and a GMT. Automatic also with sapphire glass.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice! One day I will own a Rolex. Just draws too much attention, mainly because it's instantly noticeable, from wandering eyes at work. A retirement gift to self?? Wink

Thank you!

I love my Tudor because nobody other than watch enthusiasts recognize it.

I'm loving my Rolex because everybody recognizes it.

Just depends on the occasion, I suppose.

But, I think you owe yourself one. Wink

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post