SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
Picked this up. Wanted one for a while, Pepsi and a GMT. Automatic also with sapphire glass.

Who made it? Name is obscured by the hour hand. Nice looking!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor: Who made it? Name is obscured by the hour hand. Nice looking!

"Parnis" is a Chinese company that makes knock-offs of Rolex, Panerai, etc. See: http://www.parniswatch.com/about.asp

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two SARB's (017 & 033) are rapidly becoming my go to watches for when I head into work. The 033 is pictured below. No leather straps for work since I'm constantly washing my hands and there's always a chance of exposure to blood.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin: ...The 033 is pictured below.

I really like that one. I need to see if I can find white on black day and date wheels to swap into my black-faced Seiko 5; the black on white that came with it is easy to read, but just a little too "in your face" for my tastes.

(I also want a larger crown; the tiny one that came on the Seiko 5 is too hard to pull for the daily settings that this inaccurate thing needs. Of course what I really need is a better watch, but one thing at a time.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BrianO,

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I love my existing watches, a pair of Yao's Quad-10s and a beater Casio, but if I were to buy something else I think a Sinn is most likely. I don't know what it is about them...

Any Sinn owners here?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Mrs. ShneaSIG is a watch-nut too. Cool

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^And here I thought that it was difficult to stand in two states at the same time, heck, you guy's live in two different time zones at the same time!^^^^ Big Grin Nice looking watches though...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
^^^And here I thought that it was difficult to stand in two states at the same time, heck, you guy's live in two different time zones at the same time!^^^^ Big Grin Nice looking watches though...

Thank you!

The lighting makes it hard to see the time on my watch, and the second hand is slightly overlapping the hour hand on mine as well, and the hour hand is mostly hidden by shadow. Mrs. ShneaSIG always sets her watch fast, for reasons that escape me. I usually have my watch running within a few seconds of the time.gov website.

I can promise that no laws of physics were broken in the taking of that picture. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ShneaSIG,

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
My two SARB's (017 & 033) are rapidly becoming my go to watches for when I head into work. The 033 is pictured below. No leather straps for work since I'm constantly washing my hands and there's always a chance of exposure to blood.

Those are great designs. Very traditional, but also something distinctly Japanese/Seiko in the small details. And the SARBs are a great bargain.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post

Like a lot of others, the Speedmaster was the first good watch I bought for myself. It's one of my favorite watches; I love the way it looks and wears but I think for sentimental reasons I baby the watch more than I should and don't wear it too often.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Leftnose.

One of these days I'll bring a chrono into the fold.

I sure wish Tudor still made the "Big Block" chronograph. I'd snap up a panda big block in a heartbeat.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
Picked this little baby up for a song from a guy who apparently only wore it a couple of times. I've been searching for a blue dial to add to the collection at a reasonable price.

Though I didn't buy it from Dave, I still would like to give a shout out to Dave Truong, SigForum's resident jeweler, who is an authorized Ball watch dealer.

[/URL]

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked this little baby up for a song from a guy who apparently only wore it a couple of times. I've been searching for a blue dial to add to the collection at a reasonable price.

Though I didn't buy it from Dave, I still would like to give a shout out to Dave Truong, SigForum's resident jeweler, who is an authorized Ball watch dealer.

[/URL]

Nice looking watch brminpin, I like the blue dial a lot, I always seem to lean towards them. What size is it?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice looking watch brminpin, I like the blue dial a lot, I always seem to lean towards them. What size is it?

It's 39.5mm but wears bigger because of the thin bezel.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's 39.5mm but wears bigger because of the thin bezel.

It is a most handsome timepiece! And, with a day-date complication to boot! One of my favorites, and in my opinion also one of the most useful complications to be had on a wristwatch.

I just can't seem to get this damn thing off my wrist. I swear I took it off last night and put it in the watch box, and then locked the box. When I woke up this morning, this is where I found it. Meanwhile, my Tudor is getting lonely, waiting patiently on the winder.

-ShneaSIG

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I just can't seem to get this damn thing off my wrist. I swear I took it off last night and put it in the watch box, and then locked the box. When I woke up this morning, this is where I found it. Meanwhile, my Tudor is getting lonely, waiting patiently on the winder.

Very nice! Out of the few Rolexes I've owned in the past one of my all time favorites was my early Datejust. I had a black dial installed also. It was a very early Datejust with the 14kt links in the band instead of the later 18kt linked bracelets. It was actually my first Rolex, a long time ago. It had the little 14kt opening Rolex symbol on the clasp, looked kinda like a little clam shell. I just can't quite get used to the Yachtmaster as being so more "clunky" and when I recently purchased the Celinni, that turned out to be too small on my wrists. Seeing your Datejust makes me want to get another because of how nice they look and feel on the wrist from my recollection. Well done and a great purchase!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I can only afford Movados and Seikos for now. I also have
a Citizen Titanium Eco-drive for everyday use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Someday, I will have one just like this.

quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Well I just spent 2 hours reading this thread. this Rolex is My first non battery powered watch that cost more than $100..

I specifically hunted for a 2 line no date sub 14060M the new subs look off to me. It's the last I the classic subs, and I couldn't afford a 5513 or 5512 at the time. Now I'm hoping if the stars align to acquire a polar explorer II 40mm. Income taxes, property taxes and annual bonuses all come together at the same time next month. Hopefully taxes are a wash and the bonus allows me to grab one. I have seen a few in my price range. I dig 5 digit reference rolexes with drilled lugs.
Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee: I can only afford Movados and Seikos for now.

Nice collection.

I can only afford ONE Seiko and ONE Movado, and the Movado is actually an ESQ (Movado's entry-level line) that I bought with my employee discount when I worked for Movado.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Seamaster pushed to its near limits…
With temps reaching 80º in the cement pond it was finally time to test this puppy!
1st photo shows the SM “at depth”: .0004M, so far so good.

2nd photo is when it finally broke through back to the surface after 35 seconds underwater.

Initial inspection shows it survived without any breach of the seals.
Good job Omega!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post