SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is a really cool watch with a great story.

http://youtu.be/li0mRLcGbU8

Rolex fans check it out

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Rolex fans check it out

Very cool.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Rolex fans check it out

Very cool.

Wow! That's unbelievable!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
Just pulled the trigger on a Black Bay Black. The more I see of the new version, the less I like it. Shield vs. Rose, fatter and larger case, additional text in straight rows. It's missing the vintage feel of the first version and I wanted to pick one up before they're too hard to find. Should have it tomorrow.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
Just pulled the trigger on a Black Bay Black. The more I see of the new version, the less I like it. Shield vs. Rose, fatter and larger case, additional text in straight rows. It's missing the vintage feel of the first version and I wanted to pick one up before they're too hard to find. Should have it tomorrow.

Post pictures, and enjoy!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:

Great choice. Congrats!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rolex fans check it out

That's quite a price for the watch, but the look on the owner's face was priceless! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Rolex fans check it out

That's quite a price for the watch, but the look on the owner's face was priceless! Cool

Amazing! First the present value and then, the original price!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
How about some German (Glashutte Original) on German (W. German 225) action...

Excellent watch.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Budlum:
quote:
How about some German (Glashutte Original) on German (W. German 225) action...

Excellent watch.

There's something you don't see everyday!

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
His & hers, posing on the Orbita winder.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
His & hers, posing on the Orbita winder.

That's a good looking set. Wish my wife would take to some better watches. She only like really thin watches. She currently has a Swatch Skin and she refuses to wear any of her other watches now.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a good looking set. Wish my wife would take to some better watches. She only like really thin watches. She currently has a Swatch Skin and she refuses to wear any of her other watches now.

Thank you! We enjoy them very much.

I'm fortunate - Mrs. ShneaSIG is just as much of a watch geek as I am, but she prefers to stay with the very small and thin watches as well. In a few weeks, I ought to have another his & hers update to share.

Do you think you could get Mrs. brnminpin interested in a manual watch? Sure, a manual movement is a bit of a step, but if she really likes small and thin, manual movements seem to be the way to go while still satisfying your inner watch geek. (Then again, since you busted out a Glashutte, I'm confident you've basically tried every trick in the book and made up a couple new ones.)

Then again, Mrs. ShneaSIG's little Princess Date, pictured above, is only 24mm, and about 7mm thick, while still being driven by an automatic movement. Keeps time at about +1 second/day, too! Incredible for a tiny automatic! My Prince Date (34mm) only manages about +2.5 seconds/day, by comparison. Still within COSC, but I'm going to send it to Tudor for service in the fall and request that they re-regulate the movement because I'll have had it for 5 years and I'm a real nerd.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
ShneaSIG, at the end of the day, my wife likes her Swatch too much to give it up. Her Swatch is 3.9mm thick and she just loves it because it hardly ever snags on anything. I've offered to get her a nice Rolex for one of our anniversaries, but she refused. Well, I guess it leaves me more money for my watch collection. Wink

Looks like you've taken great care of your Tudor. It appears to be in fantastic shape for a 5 yo watch.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
ShneaSIG, at the end of the day, my wife likes her Swatch too much to give it up. Her Swatch is 3.9mm thick and she just loves it because it hardly ever snags on anything. I've offered to get her a nice Rolex for one of our anniversaries, but she refused. Well, I guess it leaves me more money for my watch collection. Wink

Looks like you've taken great care of your Tudor. It appears to be in fantastic shape for a 5 yo watch.

No arguing with that! I think you have a duty, then, to enjoy all the watches she is missing out on.

I wear my Tudor most every day. I've got one good idiot mark on my Tudor, on the left side of the case, from when a doorknob jumped out and bit me, and I have the usual handful of light scratches on the bracelet and clasp, but nothing that a light polish won't take out.

As much as I don't want to have the case polished, I really want to get rid of this nick on the case, so when it goes for service I'll probably authorize a polishing of the case. I can't say that I'm concerned for resale value; this watch was a gift from Mrs. ShneaSIG and my father-in-law, so I'll be buried with it unless my daughter wants it.

We've only just begun to grow our watch collection. We have a set of his and her Datejusts heading our way ( Big Grin ), and, Mrs. ShneaSIG doesn't know it yet, but she's getting this for Christmas:

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
That JLC is a beaut! The beads of rice bracelet on it looks super comfy.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
That JLC is a beaut! The beads of rice bracelet on it looks super comfy.

They make some really cool stuff, don't they?

I see a Reverso in my future as well, at some point.

I'd like a more casual piece first, though - so I'll probably add a Black Bay or maybe a GMT first. Hell if I can decide which one, though.

-ShneaSIG

Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Some old one I got lying around. Still runs like a champ.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Some old one I got lying around. Still runs like a champ.

Oh, that old thing? Wink

How long have you had it?

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
Seiko Alpinist today. Smile

[/URL]